Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let's Play Rusty (Livestream)  (Read 2642 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Let's Play Rusty (Livestream)
« on: October 22, 2014, 06:18:09 pm »

In a medieval European village, the evil vampire Count Dracula Monte Carlo has been kidnapping women and terrorizing the countryside.  Wearing leather and armed with a whip, the vampire hunter Richter Belmont Rusty fights through various undead monsters and confronts the Count.

Rusty is an obscure, commercially released game for the PC-98 computer system in Japan in 1993.  It has a lot of uncanny similarities with Castlevania: Rondo of Blood.  What's especially interesting is that Rusty was released a few months before Rondo, so it may have been a game that Konami was working on, and then scrapped and sold to the developers, a company called C-Lab.

I plan on doing a livestream of Rusty on October 25 at 2pm, at my Twitch channel here.  It's going to be my first stream, so there may be technical problems early on and I might need to move the time around for personal reasons.  Also I don't currently have a working microphone.  I haven't played beyond the first level, so there should be a lot of hilarious deaths.  The game also has a great soundtrack so be sure to stop on by.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Rusty (Livestream)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 12:51:40 pm »

Stream will begin shortly.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 02:00:06 pm »

Well I had too many connection problems so I gave up.  Maybe another day.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 07:54:42 pm »

I'm gonna try this again tomorrow at noon eastern.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 09:58:10 pm »

Well I managed to finish the game, finally.  It's tough.

Anyway for those of you who want to see footage of the last level and see how closely this really does resemble Castlevania, you can see a highlight here.