Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36

Author Topic: WIFOM Fortress - Night 4 - "Peerless visionary" floods fort with GCSs  (Read 58314 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

Like hell I'm coming up with flavor text.

Welcome to WIFOM Fortress, a Mafia themed succession fort!  Brainstormed with the help of the fine folks down there, this is a tale of can we actually run one of these things?

What is this?
A succession fort with a theme.  The theme is a bunch of people from the Mafia subforum want to run a community fortress.  It started out from a suggestion in one of the Mafia threads, and evolved into this.  The theme and backstory are optional, because some of us can't be arsed to make up a story.

Is this vanilla DF?
It sure is.

Can I play?  I've never played Mafia before.
You sure can!  I'm not looking for that when taking turn signups or Dwarfing requests.  That said, you're more than welcome to come down and join us

What does WIFOM/roleflip/D1/etc. mean?
Mafia terminology.  Feel free to join us down in the Mafia subforum and find out!

Will you Dwarf me?
Sure.  Just ask, and you'll get in.  No promises on the weekends. 

Can I use...
Please don't use any exploits or third-party tools that give you an extra edge.  Things that just simplify management or viewers are fine.

What about savescumming?
Don't savescum just because you messed something up.  If the fort is wiped out or unplayable, then it can be considered.

What about sieges?
I'd prefer to see something other than a huge number of cage traps.

How long do I have?
If you don't acknowledge that you are taking your turn within 48 hours of the previous turn being posted then your turn will be skipped.  If you have not finished your turn within one week of the previous turn being posted, then your turn will be skipped. 

Can I use a custom tileset?
Yes, but only if you can undo it before passing the fort to the next person.  You kids today and your newfangled tilesets. 

I have to report deaths?
Yup.  In the usual mafia style - a roleflip.  For those of you not familiar with the roleflip, you can model it after the way prior overseers have done it or hop on down to the Mafia subforum and see how we do things down there. 

Mafia to Dwarf Fortress translation guide.

I see what you did there.
I'm convinced that the necromancers are just playing pranks on us now. Like the DF equivalent of doorbell ditching. Maybe I'm lucky but they don't seem to do anything besides run away like a bunch of rowdy teenagers.
I would like to note that I am a bit disturbed that we're letting Giant Cave Spiders hang out in the kitchen, generally tamed or not.
I assume the last two drowned in the creek?  It's got a higher kill count than any other threat to the fortress.
Meanwhile, the zombies slaughter everyone still outside.
Well, that just proves how good of an execution chamber it truly is, doesn't it?
And I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on any more. One of the speardwarves is currently stabbing Flabort in the chest for no apparent reason. A planter is hitting a hammerdwarf with a sock and has managed to chip his skull with it.
I have been informed that we attracted no migrants this season. It's almost as though people don't want to live in a place where getting murdered by a wererhinoceros is a legitimate concern.
Why do we have 51 cave spiders?

Because a peerless visionary saw opportunity with the capture of two giant cave spiders of opposite gender.

Current phase:
N4 - Persus13

History and Overseers:

Day   1:  notquitethere
Night 1:  Toaster
Day   2:  Tiruin (modkilled)
Day   2:  Jim Groovester
Night 2:  Mephansteras
Day   3:  Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum (modkilled)
Day   3:  4maskwolf (modkilled)
Day   3:  TheDarkStar
Night 3:  tonnot98 (modkilled)
Night 3:  mastahcheese (modkilled)
Night 3:  Shakerag
Day   4:  than402 (modkilled)
Day   4:  Deus Asmoth
Night 4:  zombie urist (modkilled)

Night 4:  Persus13
Day   5:  [This could potentially be you!]
Night 5:  [This could potentially be you!]

To be dwarfed:
[This could be you!]

Acknowledgements to Toaster, because I totally ripped off his opening post from the last Mafia community fort.

And link to previous thread.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

In as an overseer!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Oy, dorf meh plz.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Sign me up for a turn, please.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Sign me up for a turn too. This time for sure.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sign me up for a turn too. This time for sure.
>_>

Anyway, I'm going to be enforcing hard turn limits.  A week seems a bit long, so how's 72 hours sound?

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile

i would also like a turn and a dorf

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Anyway, I'm going to be enforcing hard turn limits.  A week seems a bit long, so how's 72 hours sound?

Short.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

Proposal: upon posting of the previous turn, the next player has 72hours to acknowledge getting the save and said save working (not corrupted etc). Failure to do so will mean the turn passes to the next.

The deadline for posting your finished turn is 1 week (168 hours) starting from the moment the previous turn was posted. Failure to do so will mean the turn passes to the next.

That way, people have enough time to play, but non actives won't hold it up too long.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 11:03:53 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Something like that seems workable, though I think a little bit of good faith leniency is okay when a player is posting regular updates.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Updated rules.  Feel free to discuss modifications.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Sounds good to me- 48 hours is plenty of time for "I've got the save, expect updates in [timeframe]."

What about embark settings/version we're playing?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What about embark settings/version we're playing?
That's NQT's baby now.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Sign me up for a turn + dwarf me.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

I'm in.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36