Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36

Author Topic: WIFOM Fortress - Night 4 - "Peerless visionary" floods fort with GCSs  (Read 58327 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Something that makes it hard.  Also ideally not aquifer, since it'd probably be my job to penetrate it and I'm no good at that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

I'm very bad with handling jokes ._. Like Jim's jesting back in the ol' thread. I crumpled.
[/quote]
Well there you go.  We're all here for you, Tiruin.  We're here to help you handle jokes in a safe and controlled environment. 

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I'm very bad with handling jokes ._. Like Jim's jesting back in the ol' thread. I crumpled.
Well there you go.  We're all here for you, Tiruin.  We're here to help you handle jokes in a safe and controlled environment.
[/quote]But not on the OP please.
It's a...really connected thing to a really connected bad thing. I can handle it but...<_<

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

On the one hand, shake, I can see why you'd say that, nobody can deny what happened last time. That said, I do think it might be bad form to actually put that in the OP. And it seems the person in question isn't comfortable with it. So, in the interest of not being mean, would you not consider removing it? And if she tries to do the same thing again, hey, easy to put it back in.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On the one hand, shake, I can see why you'd say that, nobody can deny what happened last time. That said, I do think it might be bad form to actually put that in the OP. And it seems the person in question isn't comfortable with it. So, in the interest of not being mean, would you not consider removing it? And if she tries to do the same thing again, hey, easy to put it back in.
Also pertaining to things like the orange parts. Not that receptive of those ideas despite their neutrality when read from a viewpoint lacking my personal experiences with...the similarity of...when those were used. Like...Jim's pokes. I know they were with the greatest good intent but the wording and arghh right. :-\
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 12:23:03 pm by Tiruin »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

Hey, Tir, you give a little, you take a little. Balanced bartering!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

* Toaster puts this ship back on its rails

Also, if you play with a custom tileset, you should undo that before you pass it on.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, Tir, you give a little, you take a little. Balanced bartering!
I don't understand! Dx

* Toaster puts this ship back on its rails

Also, if you play with a custom tileset, you should undo that before you pass it on.
Or, y'know, warn in advance what tileset is being used. :P
So we can all experience the glory of the tileset and graphics.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

* Toaster is an ASCII purist

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

Yes, this.  You kids today and your newfangled tilesets.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, this.  You kids today and your newfangled tilesets.
* Tiruin pulls back her hood.
Good thing I play purely in ASCII too :P

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

WIFOM FORTRESS -- YEAR ONE

Somewhere in the badlands of the Faint Dunes, 7 grumpy dwarves arrived at the shores of the Sorcerous Waters. The lake burbled sinisterly in the afternoon heat.

"They don't look that sorcerous to me," said the brewer and diagnoser, known only by his enigmatic intials N.Q.T.

"I'm not sure that this forsaken place is going to be a good home for the goats," said the Mastah of Cheese, a cheesemaker of some renown who had joined the expedition with two goats intent on starting a goat cheese industry beyond the strict mandates of the home fortress.

"We'll be needing a bridge if'n we're going to crannog this," said the one known as 'than402' (for reasons best kept out of earshot of minors), who began to take measurements.

"Crannog isn't a verb," Jim said, loading a bolt into her crossbow and heading out to kill some dinner. A nearby hippo grimaced with anticipation.

"Don't see why I have to be the one striking the earth while you lot swan about hunting," mumbled 4maskwolf the miner, brought along for his mining skills rather than his tact or finess. Still, he'd been named Expedition Leader, much to everyone else's surprise and suspicion.

"Uh, shouldn't there be a few more trees for a viable settlement?" asked The Dark Star (her nickname owing to an alignment of the cosmos when she was born). She was carrying an axe and surveyed the new site with some scepticism.

"Ladies, gentledwarfs," said NQT surveying the scene, "for the glory of Zon Zikel--"

"I'm Leader here, so I get to say it," interrupted 4maskwolf.

"OK."

"STRIKE THE LAKE!"

It turned out that there was exactly one tree in the immediate vicinity. The Dark Star swiftly chopped it down and promptly called it at that for the year. The others set to work bringing up marble from the depths to make a fine marble pier out into the lake, forming the foundations of the crannog fortress to come.

Jim Groovester set off to hunt camels, shot one of them until the camel started retching, then got terrified of the dying beast and refused to come back to camp for three days, and there was still no meat.

Mastah Cheese tentatively picked some herbs from the far side of the lake, having forgone bringing seeds in favour of the goats. NQT, bereft of ingredients for booze and drafted into the marble laying, was beginning to think they'd been stitched up by someone... but who?

((I decided to dwarf the people that wanted dwarfing from the last thread first, will dwarf everyone else if/when the first wave of migrants come. I'll break things up into a series of updates, though I intend to finish this tonight.))

((Challenges-wise, there are wild beasts, no seeds, barely any trees or vegetable life, and most of the map is taken up by a huge lake. In the nearby area, there are elves, dwarves, humans, goblins and a tower.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

...Megaproject ideas are forming.

How deep is the lake?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

The deepest part we have access to is four layers deep.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile

I would like the laziest dwarf you can find, and swap him to my name! Also, I'd like to be an Overseer.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36