Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36

Author Topic: WIFOM Fortress - Night 4 - "Peerless visionary" floods fort with GCSs  (Read 58350 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: WIFOM Fortress - Night 1 - Typical mafia; we lost the doctor D1
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2014, 09:36:38 pm »

NQT breaking the rules by posting while dead. Everybody knows you're not supposed to post game related information after an untimely demise.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2014, 09:37:58 pm »

NQT breaking the rules by posting while dead. Everybody knows you're not supposed to post game related information after an untimely demise.
Sorry, imagine I only said "BAH!"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2014, 02:18:55 am »

I'd like to be dwarfed please. Hammerer or soldier if possible. If neither, miner perhaps?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2014, 07:50:52 am »

Miner now or soldier later?  I can make you a marksman captain if you like, but if you want a melee troop, you're going to have to wait.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2014, 09:38:19 am »

Miner is good for me, thank you.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2014, 12:46:14 pm »

((You get to be the one that got stuck in the caverns then!))

1st of Felsite, 126

One of the miners, Radio as he's called, showed up today looking extra grubby after the cavern bridge was completed.  Turns out he got stuck after excavating the passageway out some more.  Appears he spent his time out there securing another pathway and mining out gold.  Good for him.

15th of Felsite, 126

I keep getting strange reports.

It's many dwarves now- good trustworthy ones- saying there's something odd about.  Shakerag came to me and said we should put up memorials to the fallen.  As there's no real reason not to do this, I agree, and order the preparations made.

In other news, the path to the caverns is open.  TheDarkStar is happy to have trees to chop, and I've seen many new plants be brought up from the depths.  The defensive preparations are almost complete; one step remains.  We've gotten a bit ahead of ourselves, but I trust in the strength of our dwarves.

26th of Felsite, 126

One of the fishery workers ran into a craft workshop today, hollering about work she needed to do.  She's running around now and grabbing materials.  We better stay out of her way; she's got that look in her eye.

28th of Felsite, 126

Two gold nuggets later, she's locked herself in and is working furiously on something.  She throws tools at anyone coming to see what it is.

3rd of Hematite, 126

A kobold thief was spotted trying to sneak in the unfinished section in our southern walls.  I order it filled.

4th of Hematite, 126

Thikut Berastesh's work is complete.  It's a beautiful golden ring, that has more rings hanging off it.  It's an odd design, but it's unquestionably a masterpiece; especially considering it's made from unrefined gold ore.

12th of Hematite, 126

Loud calls and the grinding of wagon wheels can mean only one thing; the humans of the south have arrived.  We are short on booze; the humans make decent stuff, if a bit weak.  There will be other trades to make as well.

19th of Hematite, 126

I pick up a breeding pair of turkeys, a rabbit to breed with the one we have already, and a few barrels of booze, as well as some bins of leather and assorted metal bars.  Less than I wanted, but it'll do.

28th of Hematite, 126

One of the migrants, Tulon Masossibrek, fell in the stream today and nearly drowned.  He swears up and down he was pushed, but there are many doubts; it was a fairly open area of stream.  Plus, he's awfully sober right now, so who knows if his words can be trusted.

1st of Malachite, 126

"We're going to need more beds," The Dark Star mused.  "At least we have wood now."

"More booze, too," Mastah Cheese added.  "Any of them brewers?  I've got a lot on my hands right now."  Mastah Cheese had been pressed into service as a brewer, and was running a bit ragged.  As it turned out, none of them were brewers, but I think we might have someone to repurpose into that job.  A dedicated cook as well would be good; I'll look into that.  A manifest of the migrants is enclosed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fourteen is not as many as last time, but we still now number fifty-eight.  Expansion must continue on the lake fortress; while the base is going well, no upward expansion has been made.  We are also running low on marble blocks, so I plan to expand the workshops for that piece of the project.

One of the farmers has quite a bit of experience with the spear; those skills may be needed soon to start a militia.

Tons of undwarfed dwarves, so holler if you want one.

Also, Radio, I notice in the screenshot I forgot to actually name your dwarf.  Oops!  Well, that's your dwarf anyway.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2014, 03:11:44 pm »

19th of Malachite, 126

All three memorial slabs have been placed in the crypt.  Here's hoping that will put an end to the strange reports we are getting.

Also, 4maskwolf was elected to be mayor, to the surprise of no one.  He's making mention of "mayoral quarters" but no one's getting much of anything until the walls of the fortress start going up.  We've run out of blocks.

I had a room dug out in the farm district to act as a temporary dorm, to stop people sleeping wherever they get tired.

25th of Malachite, 126

O glorious day!

Truly it is a good day to be a dwarf!  I now have a beautiful daughter!

28th of Malachite, 126

Shakerag went into the stream today, around the same spot as Tulon did before.  It was hard to tell over the swearing, but I think he said he was pushed as well.  Odd, very odd.

2nd of Galena, 126

Another child was born today, bringing us to 60 dwarves.  I meant to record her here, but I appear to have been distracted by my daughter.  She's so cute!

16th of Galena, 126

That miner Radio confirmed it today; there is magma in the depths.  A lack of coal had stymied any efforts to begin metalsmithing, but this discovery will change that!  Forges, smelting, and glass production can begin in earnest now.

There might also be something light blue down there.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2014, 03:41:48 pm »

Also, Radio, I notice in the screenshot I forgot to actually name your dwarf.  Oops!  Well, that's your dwarf anyway.

Mucho gracias!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2014, 04:19:46 pm »

People may be interested to know that 4mask was chosen as expedition leader (and now mayor) in the first place because he started out with ranks in the 'Comedian' skill. After all, being able to remember your punchlines is an integral skill for any good dwarven leader.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2014, 04:37:23 pm »

People may be interested to know that 4mask was chosen as expedition leader (and now mayor) in the first place because he started out with ranks in the 'Comedian' skill. After all, being able to remember your punchlines is an integral skill for any good dwarven leader.
LOLZ! ME A COMEDIAN!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2014, 04:58:08 pm »

Have I learned to do anything more useful than mash potatoes, or am I still goblin fodder?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2014, 06:52:29 pm »

I'll check shortly; I know you had a baby, if that counts.

Does anyone have any profession/etc requests for their dwarves?  Don't ask for rooms, because most people sleep on the floor.  Tiruin, you're going to have to go whole hog on setting up the fortress; I'm taking my poor sense of aesthetics and just providing you with a large base and some underground infrastructure.  And hundreds of blocks.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2014, 06:54:49 pm »

I'll check shortly; I know you had a baby, if that counts.

Does anyone have any profession/etc requests for their dwarves?  Don't ask for rooms, because most people sleep on the floor.  Tiruin, you're going to have to go whole hog on setting up the fortress; I'm taking my poor sense of aesthetics and just providing you with a large base and some underground infrastructure.  And hundreds of blocks.
I can manage with two skilled miners and set up a fortress from a basic foundation. I'll be planning to organize the Military soon, too.
I wonder if you can dwarf me ahead of time by finding any female with characteristics which you'd guess match my personality :P

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2014, 07:07:02 pm »

What is my current job?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2014, 07:14:49 pm »

I can manage with two skilled miners and set up a fortress from a basic foundation. I'll be planning to organize the Military soon, too.

You've got four.  Shakerag, 4mask, Radio, and that unnamed guy.  Good, because it needs doing and I'm pretty terrible at it.

I wonder if you can dwarf me ahead of time by finding any female with characteristics which you'd guess match my personality :P

Might as well let you handle it; at the rate we're getting immigrants, you'll probably have more choices.

Speaking of immigrants, I finally have appraisal skill; that artifact is worth 108k, and last check our total worth was 132k.  There will be more warm bodies.

What is my current job?

Hunter, though you have masonry on so you're one of the large crew that's been putting the lake fort together.  You've killed two one-hump camels, are a skilled marksdwarf, and dream of mastering a skill.  You're on the short list for marksdwarf squad, and could potentially lead it.

Have I learned to do anything more useful than mash potatoes, or am I still goblin fodder?

You're a competent mason, which is pretty much all you do now, besides tote a baby around.  You dream of mastering a skill.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36