Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sweatshop Workers  (Read 1402 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sweatshop Workers
« on: October 24, 2014, 12:40:48 pm »

Getting these folks in bulk is a very low risk/high reward sort of deal. You don't have to break in, and you'll just find them loitering outside the door to the sweatshop, at least on the conservative nightmare mode. I'm unsure why they need freeing if they can just chill outside, naked, at a place where the lcs literally just walked up to. Plus, you can use them to exponentially grow your force, simply by using hacking to get them to 200 juice, lets call it a month with a good starting crew, and then each worker can recruit five more. Using just my starting six as sweat shop worker recruiters, I'm up to four pages of sweatshop workers, not counting the page of enlightened I started off with. Yes, I know compartively their stats suck, but at this point I can basically just throw bodies at any problem and it will disappear.

Suggestion: Increase the number of site objects in sweatshops, and make it so that destroying them spawns a handful of workers who were chained to the machine, for you to free. Get rid of roaming workers, and reduce the encounter rate slightly to make up for the fact that all you are going to fight at this point are security workers.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sweatshop Workers
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 05:11:44 pm »

This has been already addressed, somewhat.

Hacking in the most recent update is a great deal more dangerous than it used to be, as it is much more difficult for your hackers to avoid detection. This means that while getting your armies of freed hackers is still very possible, they'll be generating heat, which will mean that to maintain them you will have to carefully manage your safehouses.

Neon Green

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 08:54:24 pm »

Getting these folks in bulk is a very low risk/high reward sort of deal. You don't have to break in, and you'll just find them loitering outside the door to the sweatshop, at least on the conservative nightmare mode. I'm unsure why they need freeing if they can just chill outside, naked, at a place where the lcs literally just walked up to. Plus, you can use them to exponentially grow your force, simply by using hacking to get them to 200 juice, lets call it a month with a good starting crew, and then each worker can recruit five more. Using just my starting six as sweat shop worker recruiters, I'm up to four pages of sweatshop workers, not counting the page of enlightened I started off with. Yes, I know compartively their stats suck, but at this point I can basically just throw bodies at any problem and it will disappear.

Suggestion: Increase the number of site objects in sweatshops, and make it so that destroying them spawns a handful of workers who were chained to the machine, for you to free. Get rid of roaming workers, and reduce the encounter rate slightly to make up for the fact that all you are going to fight at this point are security workers.

I think the main problem is that the recruitment caps are too soft, and sweatshop workers are just the most convenient way to take advantage of that. You can do the same thing with easy recruits like hippies, but having to relearn persuasion skill with each new wave of hippies makes it more annoying.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 07:17:19 pm »

Yeah these were incredibly convenient before the neat streamlined recruiting system came around.  They're still a decent choice if you don't want to wait a few days while persuasion grinds up.  Though if you have someone teaching persuasion well, hippies (or whatever you need) are pretty easy to get and more useful.

Since I'm awful at the combat, I would have my lieutenants just recruit sweatshop workers, arm them with guns, and send them out on nigh-suicide missions.  Those who survived became normal squad members.  I still feel bad about that, but I feel bad about a lot of things in LCS  :P  The CCS forced me to this, you see.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.