Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DFHack Workflow+coal. Bug?  (Read 1583 times)

Giimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DFHack Workflow+coal. Bug?
« on: October 24, 2014, 01:39:57 pm »

Hello.

All Masterwork reactions create: [PRODUCT:100:*:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:COKE]. Workflow does not work.

But there is an exception. Succubus make: [PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NONE:COAL:NO_MATGLOSS] Workflow works! I propose to change the result of all reactions to COAL:NO_MATGLOSS

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack Workflow+coal. Bug?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 02:21:12 pm »

I'm not sure if it's right, because my human fort does extensively uses workflows, and burning the coals for coke works just fine (it stops/restarts when it should).
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 03:12:53 pm »

COAL:COKE or COAL:CHARCOAL are specific materials, which is what you want for creating a reaction product.  Using a generic wildcard material as a product doesn't seem like a good idea. 

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 09:33:26 pm »

As far as I know both forms of COAL are covered by the [FUEL] token. They are not specified as COKE or CHARCOAL.

I had posted about this earlier in a different MW thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125628.msg4980267#msg4980267

The easiest way to work around the issue without changing the reactions is to set up a workflow on the Wood Burner and the smelter will also respect the limits when using coal.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 02:05:01 am »

You can easily set it up in the smelter by defining your own workflow under the coal reaction. Act like you are making a regular coal reaction and instead of accepting the default you use the option to custom define it and specifically point it at coke by going under inorganics typing in coke and selecting that. Is how I typed that clear?

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 11:56:10 am »

I have an issue with this as well.  I just set up the "burn peat to coke" reaction to use ash as the limiter, and then convert ash to potash in the ashery.  That way I'm always sure to have enough fuel laying around.   :)