Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about Adventure Mode in the Age of Death  (Read 2392 times)

peculiarfortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question about Adventure Mode in the Age of Death
« on: October 24, 2014, 06:03:20 pm »

So, this is entirely hypothetical. Imagine that you have a world is entirely devoid of civilization. The first thing I wonder is whether or not you can start as a given person (a dwarf or human), or if you can only be an outsider. I noticed that in adventure mode I could spawn as a part of a certain human civilization, even though that civilization had died out. The next thing I wonder is if by creating a number of random random characters, say in the hundreds, I could create enough to build one or more civilizations. Would it be possible to be lead out of the age of death by doing something like that?

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Adventure Mode in the Age of Death
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 12:59:08 am »

Awesome idea! But I tried that once and all my humans ended up either dead or dying in caves and abandoned trenches. Except for one, who I dubbed "the survivor". That's pretty much all I know about the topic. Maybe I should've gotten them all in one abandoned hamlet or trench complex.

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 06:42:43 am »

When all civilizations are dead and cities abadonned completly (without stable beaings inside) you can not retire there as long, as you do not claim this place (what is count as reclaiming in legends mode). But when you start as outsider, you can not claim.

But... This is still possible, i found in age of death some retreat forestes and human caves so... !!SCIENCE!!
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 10:05:36 am »

Can't you? I was able to claim sites as an outsider. Although I wasn't in the age of death.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 10:17:57 am »

That sounds so cool! Too bad my computer can't even handle world gen long enough to reach the age of death.