Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Necromancy doesn't seem to be working...  (Read 1063 times)

Theinsomniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Necromancy doesn't seem to be working...
« on: October 25, 2014, 11:26:53 pm »

So I started the game and made a bee line for the nearest tower, surprisingly I didn't get mauled within five seconds and actually managed to find a book about the secrets of life and death.
Now I acquired the "Animate Corpse" ability and when I examined myself part of the characters description was "Necromancer", however I can't seem to use my "Animate Corpse" ability on any corpses whatsoever as the cursor just stays red and stays in targeting mode(I tried walking into a settlement and making some fresh bodies for the spell, but it was all the same), also the zombies I dodged on my way into the tower were still hostile to me even after I turned into a necromancer(and according to the wiki they should've turned neutral/friendly after I became a necromancer)
Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 11:36:34 pm by Theinsomniac »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancy doesn't seem to be working...
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 11:36:32 pm »

The new pulping stuff tends to make corpses unraisable. Not really sure at what point they become unraisable or still viable.

Try strangling some random critters or people and see if it works, the corpse will be fully intact if you do that.

Theinsomniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 11:43:15 pm »

The new pulping stuff tends to make corpses unraisable. Not really sure at what point they become unraisable or still viable.

Try strangling some random critters or people and see if it works, the corpse will be fully intact if you do that.

Yep, that did the trick, thanks!

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 02:28:49 am »

If you will deal too much damage to upper or lower body during killing it, you will see specific body part failing message. When you will get it, corpse will be mangled and unraisable.
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.