Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Effects of necrosis  (Read 2274 times)

petio999

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Effects of necrosis
« on: October 25, 2014, 01:31:16 pm »

I got my right arm bit by a helmet snake while in a cavern and then I got necrosis what does necrosis do?Can I still use my arm?Can it kill me?How do I treat it?  :-\
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 01:54:43 pm by petio999 »

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Effects of necrosis
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 01:38:45 pm »

Everything that's cureable will be cured during time compression.

Do some science. Travel around. See if necrosis remain. See if your arm can still hold the sword.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 01:52:32 pm »

If you are average resistand agains dissases, it will go away after a week, if you are on very low, it will spread and kill you. Most likely.
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 01:16:21 am »

Actually, developing necrosis should always result in an infection, which is fatal most of the time. It'll probably take a couple months to kill you, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 09:23:27 am »

Ive found that necrosis often leads to bleeding as well and it might not stop until you drop.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 11:16:59 am »

Ive found that necrosis often leads to bleeding as well and it might not stop until you drop.
Game calculate infection progress by decreasing blood level in infected creature. Bloody enough person have more chances to have good roll to stop it. :)
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

mastamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 06:08:11 pm »

necrosis is cell death, your arm turns black and starts rotting

good luck:
[SYNDROME]
         [SYN_NAME:helmet snake bite]
         [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
         [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:HELMET_SNAKE:ALL]
         [SYN_INJECTED]
         [CE_FEVER:SEV:50:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:50:PEAK:500:END:1500]
         [CE_NAUSEA:SEV:50:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:50:PEAK:500:END:1500]
         [CE_DIZZINESS:SEV:50:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:50:PEAK:500:END:1500]
         [CE_PAIN:SEV:75:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:50:PEAK:500:END:1500]
         [CE_SWELLING:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:50:PEAK:500:END:1500]
         [CE_OOZING:SEV:50:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:50:PEAK:500:END:1500]
         [CE_BRUISING:SEV:50:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:50:PEAK:500:END:1500]
         [CE_BLEEDING:SEV:10:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:50:PEAK:75:END:100]
         [CE_NECROSIS:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:50:PEAK:800:END:3000]

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 02:52:42 am »

The helmet snake poison is not the worst though, you can live through it as an adventurer. The giant desert scorpions however have a injected syndrome from its tail that makes your brain and spine rot which means you die regardless of what happens. They are also a much much harder encounter.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 06:54:17 pm »

They are also a much much harder encounter.
This is also anatomically correct, due to their chitin.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.