Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to disable Simplified Items? (menu doesn't seem to work)  (Read 1330 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
How to disable Simplified Items? (menu doesn't seem to work)
« on: October 25, 2014, 02:15:41 pm »

Under 'Misc. Features' of the 'Standardization' sub-menu, I have all the options marked with a red X.  Yet am I still presented with generic 'meat, pond turtle, oval cabochon', etc.  Any info is appreciated, as I rather enjoyed the item variety and fps has never been a problem.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: How to disable Simplified Items? (menu doesn't seem to work)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 02:18:35 pm »

You did not read the tooltips properly. You cant undo the standard materials, there is no option for this.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CyberSpyder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 04:04:11 pm »

Huh?  I've never tried to play with it off, but the tooltip for "simple meat" says "enable to standardize all butchery products to one type of meat," which certainly implies rather strongly that, if disabled, butchery products will not be standardized to one type of meat.  Do you mean that it can't be disabled once enabled, or that there's no actual toggle there at all?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 04:40:50 pm »

Yes, you will get "meat" one way, and "meat, lung, brain, eye, kidney, liver, etc" the other. You can not get "dog meat, cat meat, etc".

It's probably poorly worded, but it's bodypart specific meat versus one meat. Not creatures specific meat versus one meat.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CyberSpyder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 05:32:01 pm »

Ahh, I see.  That makes more sense.  I actually forgot you used to get organ-specific meat, it's been so long since I've played.

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 05:57:30 pm »

Do you get the same amount of food either way?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 09:21:40 am »

Yes, but more or less stacks, which can be good or bad. Reactions use 1 stack, so its better to get lots of stacks, but with only 1 stack, hauling is much easier and cooking meals in the kitchen goes much faster.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 05:14:38 pm »

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification :)  On a whim, I delved into my detailed Stockpile viewer, and noticed something odd.  Only Fish & occasionally Tallow/Seeds are shown in the description of Prepared Meals.  When I Slaughter an animal, it is immediately added to my 'Meat' count, yet doesn't seem to appear in any of the Prepared Meals.  Did my Dwarves eat all of the Meat meals already, or am I missing something about the Simplified Items function?

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 06:04:55 pm »

I do know my Roasts (in Vanilla DF) only take the name of the last item used. Maybe meat is used first in your prepared meals? ???

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 06:40:20 pm »

I think the meat is listed as '' in the meals, as empty or blank... comes from having one part of their word being a blank to achieve the "_ meat", with no adjective.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 06:45:03 pm »

It's like how "wood" from trees is an empty entry in the wood stockpiles, all of the materials that don't have name modifiers act a bit weird, because the game just assumes that everything has it.

It doesn't break anything, but it leads to weird descriptions sometimes.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks