Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: The New Emotion System  (Read 7555 times)

Blackops35

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY_SIZE:18:0:50000]
    • View Profile
The New Emotion System
« on: October 25, 2014, 09:04:21 pm »

Does anybody have any idea how the new emotion system works? I can't seem to find anything on it, due to the release being so recent...

If you have any idea, at all, about what the deal is with these dwarves and thier new fangled emotions, I would enjoy hearing about it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The New Emotion System
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 09:06:49 pm »

ptw

I imagine youll see an influx as the build gets older.   But I hear 'it is inevitable' is still the apathetic response of choice.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 09:15:41 pm »

ptw

This is pretty new territory, and a major overhaul to a pretty important chunk of fortress gameplay. So expect bugs, bugs, and cool new stuff in between.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 10:54:24 pm »

Also looking forward to sniffing this out, and figuring how it affects big things like tantrum spirals, dwarfs forming bonds with others, etc...

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 11:35:43 pm »

If I had to guess, this is gonna be one of those "nobody knows, and Toady ain't telling, so go figure it out yourself and share" things.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 12:12:00 am »

I can't be sure, but i'm...

IT'S BROKEN.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 12:49:12 am »

I can't be sure, but i'm...

IT'S BROKEN.

Wha~  Early reports make it seem more short-term . . . :<
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 12:56:32 am »

If you think its not working, then make a bug report and upload a save and paste the link in the bug report.

FrankyPlaysGames

• Bay Watcher
  • Immolated Dwarf Punches
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 01:53:54 am »

I have a lot of family loving dwarfs getting depressed in the longterm from missing their family too much.

Arvoitusmies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 05:40:24 pm »

I have a lot of family loving dwarfs getting depressed in the longterm from missing their family too much.
Same here. First winter, a migrant female with 11 children (who didn't appear as migrants) and dreams of raising a family become depressed due to "tremendous stresses placed on her".

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 06:32:30 pm »

When you say 'depressed' do you mean 'ohh look a pretty waterfall' or 'im supersad gonna kill  myself' or 'i feel like working slower'?   migrant depression is reasonable to a point, though.
PKs DF Mod!

Zaroua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2014, 07:11:57 pm »

For me they get depressed in the short term, tantrum in the medium term and die off in the long term. I think the system needs a cap on the amount of unhappiness that a single dwarf can get from being unhappy about something. I've already seen a dwarf get like 10 unhappiness messages because he OHKO'd a honey badger, I'm sure there are other things that can trigger it, too.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 08:43:18 am »

This system is off kilter.  :-\ I'm working on my first embark in the new version, and I'm looking through my starting seven so I know what skills to give them. Those nice little slogans aren't matching up with the rest of the profile. I'm looking at someone who dreams of mastering a skill, and who disdains loyalty, and her slogan is "How great it is to be surrounded by family!" And someone else said Art is Life while not caring one bit for craftsmanship. How the Hell can art be life if you don't care about the craftsmanship of it? Are you going to claim every kindergartener's macaroni art is life?

This isn't a complaint against Toady so much as being irked at the Dwarves I'm starting out with.

Blackops35

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY_SIZE:18:0:50000]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 02:49:09 pm »

This update is truly a travesty... people are caring more about dwarven emotions than how to make +elf bone crowns+ or the wonder progress with !!SCIENCE!!

A dark day indeed...

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 09:11:22 pm »

People are doing Science with those emotions. Which might, sometimes, become !!Science!! when we push too hard and cause a berserker to catch on fire and hit the booze supply.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4