Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Pleasure  (Read 30337 times)

The Bard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pleasure
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2014, 06:11:10 pm »

Huh. Do they have specific thoughts about making friends?

Maybe the cure for this is letting them idle and make friends... the exact opposite of every DF players' instincts.

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2014, 06:31:46 pm »

Man, I haven't gotten a chance to play the new version yet, but all this pleasure seems pleasurable...
Also, I like how the new thoughts system reads, except the spam
If your animals aren't expendable, you could always station a dwarf or two out there?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2014, 06:34:25 pm »

All my dwarves seem grouchy....
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2014, 06:54:36 am »

I have definitely seen migrants to the fort who were related to those that came before them.  I guess all you can do is wait to see if auntie Erith and cousin Kubuk move in before it's too late?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2014, 10:38:56 am »

He never. Stopped. Being. Haggard.

I JUST had that happen. A dwarf lost a friend to a cave troll attack, and hung around in the hospital being haggard for ages. I finally realised he was trying to complain to the mayor, who is our only injury (I think the broken finger is from a falling tree back when we first moved in? I'm not certain) and was elected entirely because everyone who brings her a bucket of water gets to know her and evidently voted for her. Then he finally tantrumed, hit someone, they hit him back, and I called in the police. They were both tethered for assault, right next to each other XD but were really nice to each other, and now both are happy. I think perhaps gaol time was good for them.

Perhaps you could send them to gaol if they're being haggard? Worked for mine. He felt "guilty", just like another (female) dwarf who I had tethered a little way away from the brawlers, who had failed to make enough of a work order for the last mayor (who has mysteriously disappeared).

Some time in the brig may well do them some good. I can see something like the fermenting in my current DF: Modern fortress and I really don't want the afflicted dwarves to start a riot. 
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2014, 10:45:43 am »

Huh. Do they have specific thoughts about making friends?

Maybe the cure for this is letting them idle and make friends... the exact opposite of every DF players' instincts.

Just being idle doesn't make friends, see the REAL WAGON REBORN thread, even simply digging through an aquifer together works better :).

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2014, 11:30:18 am »

Okkkkkkaaaaaayyyyyy....

Also, are people who find incurable stress using worlds genned before 40.14? Just a hunch.
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2014, 11:33:51 am »

Ha, your fort seems to be having some !!FUN!!.

Though, a randy dwarf...*Shudders*
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2014, 11:36:47 am »

Yeah, it's a fort to test dwarven insanity. (documented here http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=145203.msg5771664#msg5771664 )
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2014, 12:43:23 pm »

worse, is that she is "randy", after seeing her spouse die.

Unless toady has introduced infidelity and or remarriage into the game, this is a "feeling" she wont be able to sate using a partner.

If she develops a fondness for scepters, I dont want to hear about it.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2014, 12:44:43 pm »

Unless toady has introduced infidelity and or remarriage into the game, this is a "feeling" she wont be able to sate using a partner.

What about an admiration for upright spike traps?

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2014, 12:49:38 pm »

Well, it says she has a propensity for being lustful, so personality traits seem to be working. For the people having perpetually miserable migrants who miss their families, what are these dwarves' personalities like?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Slogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2014, 01:38:06 pm »

You have to admire the dwarven dedication to marriage though. For humans it's "till death do us part", for dwarves it lasts forever. One of them dies and the game still calls them married in the present tense.

Makes the feeling Randy bit a smidge creepy though.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2014, 01:38:42 pm »

What about an admiration for upright spike traps?
or tunnel tubes...

Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2014, 01:55:44 pm »

Aaaaanyway, one of my miners has been perpetually sad because of separation, but he suddenly perked up because of a waterfall...so, I don't know. Water falls beat a year's worth of stress?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10