Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A quick thank you  (Read 922 times)

PillarsOfSalt

• Bay Watcher
  • Bursting at the seams
    • View Profile
A quick thank you
« on: October 25, 2014, 10:13:41 pm »

I will admit, the first time I tried playing Dwarf Fortress, I looked at the screen, became quickly terrified and disoriented, then turned it off. I didn't even think to play it again until two years later when a friend gave me a tour of his thriving fortress and demonstrated his gcs silk farming operation. Since that day I've been hooked.

If it was up to me, I would include the latest version of df on Voyager 3.

Thanks, Toady
This is a terrible embark that has turned into an awesome embark.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A quick thank you
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 10:16:59 pm »

Well, the game is already considered a work of art and kept in a museum as such. It's only a matter of time until something similar to Voyager 3 includes an update to humanity's artwork.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: A quick thank you
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 10:19:13 pm »

A thank you from me as well, Toady. I'm an attempted author, that never felt motivated enough to finish anything, or had any reward or stimulant for his creative work. But since I started playing Dwarf Fortress, I can mod in and recreate anything my imagination comes up with, and see it all work out in truly insane ways. Thank you Toady, this is truly a great game for the imaginative.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.