Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Megabeast, Semi-Megabeast and Dangerous Animal ideas  (Read 7179 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: Megabeast and Semi-Megabeast ideas
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2014, 07:45:21 pm »

I could do that. It's [IMMOLATE], so it basically is on fire. Hm... The fires go out when it dies? I guess.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2014, 08:29:22 pm »

Well my idea is a giant acidic slime. It is a single body-part no organs or anything, as well as nothought for movement and noconnections for movement extravision, it excretes a contact syndrome and it's blood is also that contact syndrome. It can only be killed by making it bleed out. It uses the default push attack, it is vulnerable to magma but not poisons. It has building destroyer 2. It is preferable to take it out with ranged attacks. It should be 3 stories large.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2014, 08:31:37 pm »

Everything but three stories large is doable. It can only be 1x1. How big do you want it?
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2014, 08:32:02 pm »

Well my idea is a giant acidic slime. It is a single body-part no organs or anything, as well as nothought for movement and noconnections for movement extravision, it excretes a contact syndrome and it's blood is also that contact syndrome. It can only be killed by making it bleed out. It uses the default push attack, it is vulnerable to magma but not poisons. It has building destroyer 2. It is preferable to take it out with ranged attacks. It should be 3 stories large.
I could imagine something like that living in a swamp.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2014, 08:41:43 pm »

Everything but three stories large is doable. It can only be 1x1. How big do you want it?
I know it can only be 1x1 but bronze colossi are way larger than 3 stories but they just occupy 1x1 tiles. But more specifically 9.9 metres tall and 9.9 metres large. still leave it on a 1x1 tile. A bronze collosus is about 14 meters.

In Imperial it would be slime is 32.5 feet tall, bronze colossi is 45 feet tall. Maybe the slime should be slightly smaller?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2014, 09:26:55 pm »

I know it can only be 1x1 but bronze colossi are way larger than 3 stories but they just occupy 1x1 tiles. But more specifically 9.9 metres tall and 9.9 metres large. still leave it on a 1x1 tile. A bronze collosus is about 14 meters.

In Imperial it would be slime is 32.5 feet tall, bronze colossi is 45 feet tall. Maybe the slime should be slightly smaller?
Things in this game are measured in mass in cm^3.

Speaking of which, out of the dark corners of my mind, I have thought of a fairly frightening megabeast that will surely be a challenge to mod in if anyone should choose to take the task upon themselves.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 10:15:43 pm by tonnot98 »
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2014, 09:29:51 pm »

That would take quite a bit of time to add in the details. And it should be 200 dwarves. I'd rather leave that one to somebody else. Good luck to whoever wants to do it.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2014, 09:47:58 pm »

I might mod that in just for fun, but it would probably be a 2012 version rather than a 2014 version.

The INORGANIC tissues won't have any healing values, just to give it some semblance of realism. What do you want the blood to be?

Also emphasis on might
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 09:54:15 pm by heydude6 »

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2014, 10:12:44 pm »

What do you want the blood to be?
What are the possibilities of a purple ichor?

Also, made a few changes to the spoiler.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 10:16:09 pm by tonnot98 »
Meow.

red_kangaroo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2014, 06:24:21 am »

Hekatonkheires

Megabeast giants the size of... well, giants; with hundred hands and fifty heads. Give them some armor and a weapon for each hand and they are unstoppable. :)

Also, more Greek mythological creatures in DF would be nice, for example:

* (Actually existing) Centaurs
* Cerberi (semi-megabeasts)
* Chimerae
* Gorgons (Medusa was the most famous one; in DF, they could have paralysing noxious vapours, to simulate the petrification)
* Pegasi
* Scyllas (oceanic megabeast)
* Sphinxes
* Stymphalian birds
* Typhons (lava-breathing draconic giant megabeasts)
My friends are all dead,
My right foot gone, but what a
Lovely waterfall.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2014, 10:45:07 am »

I personally intend to figure out modding and add wyverns. A large flying lizard with two legs, large wings and corrosive breath.
Give it breath attack that causes massive necrosis on contact.

Centaurs should probably roam the land with ranged weapon, isn't this how they were doing in myth?

As for gorgons, it should probably have higher terror factor, causing everyone to freeze because of how hideous it is. It primary attack - snake hairs with poison bite.

And as for some weird and ridiculously awful creature I have idea for - a nightmare star. Its body is a small sphere with brain inside with 16 large tentacles growing out of it. 8 of them are prehensile and end with a sharp deadly claws, while other 8 are used to walk.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 10:48:29 am by Sirbug »
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2014, 11:32:41 am »

And as for some weird and ridiculously awful creature I have idea for - a nightmare star. Its body is a small sphere with brain inside with 16 large tentacles growing out of it. 8 of them are prehensile and end with a sharp deadly claws, while other 8 are used to walk.
It is terrifying.

I'd imagine that more like a dangerous animal instead of a megabeast, though, unless it's huge. Let's make it's body composed of slade!
Meow.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2014, 12:43:04 pm »

Well, I imagined it as an animal indeed, but nobody asked me about wildlife.

Also, some additional attacks of random beasts/titans I'd like to see:
- Deadly needles - sending multiple bolt-esque projectiles at all hostiles in sight
- Massive detacheable sting - singular large, ballista-caliber projectile
- Deadly windblast - directed attack that sends everything flying backward, ramming into walls
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2014, 07:57:24 pm »

Hekatonkheires

Megabeast giants the size of... well, giants; with hundred hands and fifty heads. Give them some armor and a weapon for each hand and they are unstoppable. :)

Also, more Greek mythological creatures in DF would be nice, for example:

* (Actually existing) Centaurs
* Cerberi (semi-megabeasts)
* Chimerae
* Gorgons (Medusa was the most famous one; in DF, they could have paralysing noxious vapours, to simulate the petrification)
* Pegasi
* Scyllas (oceanic megabeast)
* Sphinxes
* Stymphalian birds
* Typhons (lava-breathing draconic giant megabeasts)
Isn't Scylla practically a hydra? Typhon, too, but with fire breath (practically a FB.) Stymphalian birds are rocs with noxious excretions secretions.

Winged horses (e.g., Pegasus) seem more like fanciful creatures than megabeasts. While we're at it there should be hippocampi for the merpeople to ride.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2014, 02:11:06 am »

Without a third party tool, you can't make new megabeasts or semi-megabeasts.

Wow, I have no idea where you got that. I'm not even going to go into the ludicrous number of mods that add them, I'm just confused about what 3rd-party tool allows you to add Forgotten Beasts and Titans (what I assume you were confused about).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5