Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Megabeast, Semi-Megabeast and Dangerous Animal ideas  (Read 7165 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: Megabeast and Semi-Megabeast ideas
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2014, 02:17:50 am »

I heard someone on the masterwork forums saying they had a tool to basically allow them to make new fb's and titans.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2014, 02:34:39 am »

I think that may be referring to the localization tool, which AFAIK only allows you to modify them.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2014, 02:38:00 am »

Hm. Alroight.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

red_kangaroo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2014, 04:06:03 am »

Its body is a small sphere with brain inside with 16 large tentacles growing out of it. 8 of them are prehensile and end with a sharp deadly claws, while other 8 are used to walk.

tentacles

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
My friends are all dead,
My right foot gone, but what a
Lovely waterfall.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2014, 04:31:26 am »

This game needs more endrich stuff. I mean, we got cavers to populate.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2014, 10:03:36 am »

Its body is a small sphere with brain inside with 16 large tentacles growing out of it. 8 of them are prehensile and end with a sharp deadly claws, while other 8 are used to walk.

tentacles

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
Anyone willing to make a sea based Megabeast??
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2014, 04:25:25 pm »

I also wonder why don't we have wooden beasts? Perhaps not as imposing as stone titans or bronze colossi, giant walking psycho ents would make a nice addition to the game.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2014, 09:58:42 am »

I also wonder why don't we have wooden beasts? Perhaps not as imposing as stone titans or bronze colossi, giant walking psycho ents would make a nice addition to the game.
Ents would be nice, but they'd probably be rare dangerous animals in evil biomes, much like Ogres or Yetis.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

red_kangaroo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2014, 01:44:26 pm »

Ents would be nice, but they'd probably be rare dangerous animals in evil good biomes, much like Ogres or Yetis unicorns or yet another damn unicorns.

FTFY
My friends are all dead,
My right foot gone, but what a
Lovely waterfall.

Elagn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2014, 09:16:52 pm »

Ents shouldn't be in evil biomes, ents should be in savage, untamed areas that are densely populated. They should be fairly peaceful, exept when fire is lit or trees cut. Then they should atack with a savage furry. Thats my take on ents.
"Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" Einstein

"Measure what is measurable and make measurable what is not so" Galileo

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2014, 09:27:17 pm »

Well, my Purgatory Wolf and Phoenix are done. A Purgatory Wolf, with it's fearless and painlessness, iron bones, teeth, and claws, and massive size, can match many dwarves of moderate skill at once. A natural legendary dodger skill sure helps. The Phoenix is a bit more glassy, but has steel claws that can even rip into dragons if they have the first shot. Half the size of the Roc, it can light anything on fire, and is immune to dragon fire. When butchered, you receive both star and regular rubies by butchering it, and I'm thinking of putting a super expensive gem in, Phoenix Heart, making killing a phoenix a major investment. Also, both a trapavoid. Have fun with that.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2014, 05:12:06 pm »

Well, my Purgatory Wolf and Phoenix are done. A Purgatory Wolf, with it's fearless and painlessness, iron bones, teeth, and claws, and massive size, can match many dwarves of moderate skill at once. A natural legendary dodger skill sure helps. The Phoenix is a bit more glassy, but has steel claws that can even rip into dragons if they have the first shot. Half the size of the Roc, it can light anything on fire, and is immune to dragon fire. When butchered, you receive both star and regular rubies by butchering it, and I'm thinking of putting a super expensive gem in, Phoenix Heart, making killing a phoenix a major investment. Also, both a trapavoid. Have fun with that.
It'd be amazing if you put the RAWs in a spoiler with that post.
Meow.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2014, 05:14:55 pm »

Oh yeah. I'll pop them in, along with the unique body shape, the new gem, and maybe the mountain dragon, since I consider him a part of those two, in here. Mountain Dragon>Phoenix. Phoenix>Purgatory Wold. Purgatory Wolf>Mountain Dragon.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 05:19:45 pm by StagnantSoul »

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2014, 08:33:12 pm »

Megabeasts:

Zilant
A huge serpent-like creature with dark-colored scales and huge wings. It would be like dragons, but even more dangerous. They can spit poison beams, which causes necrosis, temporary lost of the functions of the part and severe pain if it hits. They also have sharp teeth, and equally sharp claws on their feet. They would have the ability to reproduce (They could lay eggs) and could be tamed and trained for war training, which would be a pretty fun way to deal with elfs unwanted guests.

Basilisk
Another huge serpent-like creature, but with the ability to turn stuff into stone via poisoning. It would basically affect the affected bodypart first, then it would spread slowly through the body, eventually reaching the brain and causing death. Their offspring would be cockatrices, cute little birds who would slowly lose their feathers, replacing it with scales.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2014, 07:00:24 pm »

Megabeasts:

Zilant
It would be like dragons, but even more dangerous.
This doesn't look so dangerous, I mean, it basically has a dragonfire that has a different way of spreading.

Also, is it possible for something to have two mouths?
Meow.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5