Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cruelest prank ever!  (Read 1670 times)

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
Cruelest prank ever!
« on: November 03, 2014, 05:59:22 pm »

Came up with this the other day. Kinda sorta possibly maybe probably definitely yes proud of it.

Spoiler: The prank (click to show/hide)

On the subject of pranks, how about you all share the best pranks you ever did/worst pranks you've ever had done to you?
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Cruelest prank ever!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 06:15:17 pm »

This is from when I worked at a sports bar. A woman comes in late at night, orders some wings very curtly, and then promptly apologizes to me (something I'm not used to.) The bar is empty, as it's almost 2am, and we talk about things that are wrong in her life. A bartender is, after all, a psychologist, no? Anyway, her husband had cheated on her, and she was looking to get back at him in a non-destructive way. So, since I'm always up for a good pranking, I start asking questions about him. He loves popcorn, and is a frequent customer, despite being unable to handle the mildest of hot food. I tell her to bring him in next week.

Next week, I'd rented a popcorn machine. I sold garlic butter (using the garlic-butter wing sauce,) popcorn all day, recouped my renting money (in New York, you can charge $3 for a small takeout bag mostly full of store-brand popcorn and a squirt of generic garlic butter!), and was positive that she had flaked out. Just after midnight, they come in. He immediately orders a bag of popcorn, and I immediately serve one up. I then grab a bowl from the back, pull out a black container different from what everyone else got, and douse my popcorn in it, munching away happily. The husband eyes me suspiciously. He wants to know what's in it. "Oh, nothing you'd like. My mom sent me some butter from back home in Michigan, from the local dairy farms. It's freshly melted, so I have to keep it in a special container." So, he buys another bag of popcorn, and requests my "special Michigan butter."

See, I like habanero oil. It's not half bad on popcorn. Revenge is a dish served flaming hot, not cold, as some would think. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 07:11:58 pm »

Not necessarily cruel, per se, but always good for a quick laugh.

-Krazy Kitchen
   =While target is away, or overnight, open up everything that doesn't activate upon opening, nor stores any frozen/cool perishables.
   =Enjoy their reaction upon seeing it.
-With a door that opens outward, place a stick at the opening point of the door. Upon opening the door, stick falls on victim; potentially tripping them, or hitting them in the nuts.
-There's also the classic rubber-band on sink sprayer.
-Take victim's keys to their car, and set the radio to a station they'd never listen to, and have the volume on full (to safe enough levels) blast.
   =If victim is a metalhead, switch all stations to Gospel; if Country, set to Metal; if Talk Radio, Rap.
-Replace ketchup with hot sauce (Or replace hot sauce with ketchup).
-Swap sugar and salt
-Get Valerian root (herb that smells like crap), and hide some all over a (public) bathroom, or in high traffic zones, or private zones (nobody's safe).
   =Place some Valerian root on the vent grid of your victim's A/C units in their car or house. Spread the odor upon turning on the A/C.
-(WARNING: DANGEROUS) Tie a mentos underneath a soda bottlecap, and trim off the excess. Upon opening bottle, mentos falls into drink, and explodes (or soda everywhere). If the bottle doesn't become a rocket, then I advise some discretion with the detonation location (outdoors, preferably. Easier to clean up.)
-Get a box of Lego bricks, lay them across the floor of your sleeping housemate, and enjoy their eventual screams of agony as they walk over some jagged plastic bricks.
-Saran wrap the toilet, and make sure there's no glare when lights are on.
   =Alternatively, get some snappers (4th of July mini-gunpowder bags), and stick them under the hardpoints of the toilet seat while the seat's down. Upon sitting on the throne, many little explosions will be heard.
   =This can also be done on door hinges.
-If you can access your victim's computer, modify their monitor settings to display the desktop 180-degrees and/or mirrored.
   =You can also install the BSOD screensaver, and have a set time (Task Scheduler) for it to go off, or set the screensaver timer to something reasonable.
-If you have any creepy dolls or figurines, or a garden gnome, have them randomly move all over the place (while victim is out of view). Don't provide any explanations, and act as if nothing is off.
-Replace the contents of a wine bottle with vinegar.
   =For added practicality, use apple cider vinegar, water it down plenty, and add some honey to it so it's a bottled remedy. Excellent for when you have a sore throat or an upset stomach. Works like a charm.
-Form a block of butter out of mayonnase or yogurt, if possible. Replace current stick with new one (make sure they look identical).
-Line the inside of a victim's socks or gloves with mayonnaise. You can do the same to a wash/facecloth.

These are just some classics we did as kids and during April Fool's Day. We got mean. I need to recall some more pranks we did.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 07:28:33 pm by Itnetlolor »

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 01:46:36 pm »

-Form a block of butter out of mayonnase or yogurt, if possible. Replace current stick with new one (make sure they look identical).

I... how would anyone fall for this, the consistency is so different....

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 03:07:34 pm »

I... how would anyone fall for this, the consistency is so different....
Butter, when left out and warmed up enough, holds a similar consistency to mayo while it's still fresh. Works better for a bait and switch.

Only really works against those that tend to fail spot checks (up to "How have they survived this long?") frequently (like a customer at a retail store that asks the price of, or where to find something, directly behind, or worse, in front of them in huge (72 or larger font size) bold type, and stacked to be as visible as possible and fully stocked while at it. If you worked any job with these kinds of people, you know exactly the types I speak of. They can see, but they choose not to use their eyes whatsoever. So, intentionally (illegally) blind.).
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 03:21:19 pm by Itnetlolor »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 04:41:59 pm »

-If you can access your victim's computer, modify their monitor settings to display the desktop 180-degrees and/or mirrored.
   =You can also install the BSOD screensaver, and have a set time (Task Scheduler) for it to go off, or set the screensaver timer to something reasonable.

Or, another classic: move all but one or two items from their windows desktop off the desktop, hide their taskbar then take a screenshot and set it as their background image. Then put back the items you moved, and remove the items you left when you took the screenshot. End result: it looks exactly the same, but a couple of their desktop icons don't do anything because they're part of the background image.

share the best pranks you ever did

I'm not sure how applicable this would be today, but back in the dos days I once wrote a cute little interactive program that pretended to be a movie style hacking interface. It would put up text on the screen saying it was hacking into the fbi, or whomever you wanted, then put up a movie-style password cracker with fancy randomized letters flashing by the screen as if it were solving the password one letter at a time. It was fun to use for when people walked into the room and looked over my shoulder to see what I was doing.

I suppose you could probably play Uplink to similar effect. Though people might be more savvy than they were back then and recognize it as a game.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 05:47:59 pm »

Clingfilm wrap + Toilet

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 03:25:59 pm »

This is from when I worked at a sports bar. A woman comes in late at night, orders some wings very curtly, and then promptly apologizes to me (something I'm not used to.) The bar is empty, as it's almost 2am, and we talk about things that are wrong in her life. A bartender is, after all, a psychologist, no? Anyway, her husband had cheated on her, and she was looking to get back at him in a non-destructive way. So, since I'm always up for a good pranking, I start asking questions about him. He loves popcorn, and is a frequent customer, despite being unable to handle the mildest of hot food. I tell her to bring him in next week.

Next week, I'd rented a popcorn machine. I sold garlic butter (using the garlic-butter wing sauce,) popcorn all day, recouped my renting money (in New York, you can charge $3 for a small takeout bag mostly full of store-brand popcorn and a squirt of generic garlic butter!), and was positive that she had flaked out. Just after midnight, they come in. He immediately orders a bag of popcorn, and I immediately serve one up. I then grab a bowl from the back, pull out a black container different from what everyone else got, and douse my popcorn in it, munching away happily. The husband eyes me suspiciously. He wants to know what's in it. "Oh, nothing you'd like. My mom sent me some butter from back home in Michigan, from the local dairy farms. It's freshly melted, so I have to keep it in a special container." So, he buys another bag of popcorn, and requests my "special Michigan butter."

See, I like habanero oil. It's not half bad on popcorn. Revenge is a dish served flaming hot, not cold, as some would think. ^_^

Oh you, that's brilliant.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.