Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Regarding Stone Stockpile options  (Read 1049 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Regarding Stone Stockpile options
« on: October 26, 2014, 05:18:48 pm »

After using Chalk for my initial buildings, I wanted to transition to non-Flux building material.  So I set a Stockpile and disabled everything under 'Flux' & 'Fuel', leaving the Pile with Bauxite.  All of my Workshops have halted, saying 'needs non-Economic stone'.  Well all Stones now seem to be under the Economic menu, so I'm uncertain how to address this.  Any info is appreciated :)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding Stone Stockpile options
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 05:21:26 pm »

You can toggle whether a particular stone is considered economic, toggle off the ones you want to use! :)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 05:50:24 pm »

Oh brilliant.  And... holy Armkok, there is a metric tonne of stuff you can do with the various Stones  :o  And here I was, thinking I was getting a good handle on Masterwork; Workflow, Training at a Workshop, using Workshop Managers (Furniture mostly), etc.  Once again, my Dwarf Fortress evening is looking to be more exploring menus and reading about them than actually letting the game run, lol.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 07:33:12 pm »

Thats a vanilla DF option. You can even toggle ores to be economic.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 07:49:12 am »

Wow, so even vanilla DF yet withholds some secrets from me, lol.  However, I'm 99% certain that extracting Aluminum from Bauxite and making flaming boulders for catapults is not part of vanilla :p

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 10:50:40 am »

Wow, so even vanilla DF yet withholds some secrets from me, lol.  However, I'm 99% certain that extracting Aluminum from Bauxite and making flaming boulders for catapults is not part of vanilla :p

Welcome to the 'not knowing about economic options' club. This screen displays all the reactions possible with each stone, including reactions from other races. That's why a lot of stone are considered economics when you start a new game.

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 12:06:04 pm »

Also note that stones you bring with you at embark aren't necessarily automatically considered economic. I like to bring olivine and often have to turn on the economic option manually.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 05:44:02 pm »

Generally speaking, only stones present in your embark as layers will be enabled by default. Anything else will have to be enabled manually.