Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kobold Quest  (Read 2398 times)

peculiarfortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kobold Quest
« on: October 26, 2014, 07:15:03 pm »

So I accepted a quest from this one person, or at least inquired about troubles, under the section skulking vermin, and was told that there was a kobold camp that needed to be destroyed. I figured this to be like a bandit camp or criminal organization, no biggee. No, don't ever make this mistake like I did. I killed 170 before I gave up. Anyway, I'm wondering if I have to destroy the entire camp or if there is a particular person that I have to kill in order for the camp to be officially dead. Thoughts?

peculiarfortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Quest
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 08:36:12 pm »

By the way, I have decided to wait things out in a tree... bad idea, now I have bogeymen to contend with. They can't climb but some of them can fly. I have died twice but I have been killing the program, and thus having a do-over. On the other hand, it's a good way to mop up.

EDIT: Nevermind, they can climb too.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 08:40:15 pm by peculiarfortress »

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 09:44:14 am »

Well, if you can kill off the entire camp but still fall prey to Bogeymen, then something is wrong.

So obviously this must mean that you should kill more kobolds before the night falls.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

peculiarfortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 11:51:10 am »

Trouble with Bogeymen is that they are too fast for me. At any rate, I went to sleep and found that they simply didn't come. When it comes to attacking kobold camps, is there any particular person I have to kill?

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 02:10:55 pm »

they should have a leader, i guess if you kill him the quest "counts"? but anyway, 170 kobolds seems like an awful lot. i used to find no more than about 10.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 09:30:32 am »

they should have a leader, i guess if you kill him the quest "counts"? but anyway, 170 kobolds seems like an awful lot. i used to find no more than about 10.
It would have been fun to embark there and wait for a Kobold thief to come by.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 11:52:47 am »

I did that once - the first and last time I did Dwarf Mode, too - except it was a small(?) camp of about 15 unarmed goblins. Bottom line is it was !!FUN!! And to answer your question, it's the leader  you're going for.

And if you attack the henchmen before him, he'll probably run away, so since you did that, I wouldn't worry about him too much - just make sure he's got nothing to lead if he ever comes back, but if he doesn't, I think the camp "chooses" a new one.