Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 101

Author Topic: KYOSN: Now with Archived QuickTopic links!  (Read 251559 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Day 1 (15/15) - A Beginning that Dwarfs All Others
« Reply #225 on: November 08, 2014, 09:27:47 am »

I fail to see what you're trying to test Toaster about.

Isn't it risky to willy-nilly give daykills about? Furthermore, why did you give Toaster a daykill if you don't trust him?
You'll understand later.
Maybe.
I suppose it could be risky. The possibility is certainly there. Would you prefer I give you a pistol? Would you like one Day 2?
And the reason I gave him one is because I don't trust him. All actions are public, so if he shoots someone in the face, then we'll know he's dangerous.
I suppose I could be the one getting killed, but meh.

Cheese: if you don't feel comfortable with Toaster, why give him a pistol?
Didn't I just answer this?

What the fuck are you talking about?
Don't question my logic, Jim.

Vector
Everyone: How much does the actions-made-public rule screw with your plans?

Mastahcheese: What's with the lazy voting and questioning? Who are the three players you think are most likely to be scum?
Cause I'm on an iPod, and at that time, was also at work, and it's a pain trying to type out lots of things.
Top three scum picks?
Webadict
To be honest, I don't really know, because I'm not even sure what the scum is. The game implies that Shakerags need to die, but the VAST majority of players seem to be Shakerag, so I really don't even know how to answer this.

I ask because I get the feeling that you're spending more time making yourself seem unsupspicious, than simply answering questions.
What makes you think this?
I just don't like it.
I don't know how to explain it, it feels... Dodgy to me.

Why are you pushing Toaster to make a kill so early in D1?
I'm not pushing for him to kill, I just want to see if he'll do it.
*Gets out popcorn*

My... someone sounds awfully anxious and eager to please...
*Tips hat*
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 08, 2014, 09:40:47 am »

Yeah... Can we just forget what I said last night... I wasn't I control of my own thoughts or emotions or actions...

I'll answer your questions once I get on a computer.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 08, 2014, 09:42:52 am »

Everyone: Are you a Shakerag? Some people claim that they are not one, so I want to see who is and who isn't. Is this too similar to rolefishing?

TheDarkStar: Why are you asking for our approval? You sound nervous.

I suspected that Shakerag = scum at the time, so I was kind of cautious.

Random : The power just pick random people as target so .....

I will take that to mean: "Yes, the reason I actioned Jack A T and Shakerag at the start of the day was because I cannot determine the target of that action."

I'd guess it means that the ability auto-activates and auto-targets.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 08, 2014, 09:45:46 am »

Don't question my logic, Jim.
Question ALL the logic!

Question logic itself!

Ahahahaha!

I'd guess it means that the ability auto-activates and auto-targets.
Like a SureLock(R) Homing missile?

God have I been waiting to use that pun...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 08, 2014, 09:46:06 am »

Day will end: not soon.

Could we get a more informative date to go off of or is the lack of a deadline part of the fun?
Since I was posting from my phone (!) I couldn't be bothered to calculate it. :P

Day ends Wednesday, November 12, 10 AM UDT (or as close to that as I can manage).
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 08, 2014, 09:53:23 am »

Mafias are scum and Shakerags are ""TOWN"", Atleast that what I assume for now ....
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 08, 2014, 10:05:07 am »

Mafias are scum and Shakerags are ""TOWN"", Atleast that what I assume for now ....

Why?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 08, 2014, 10:30:59 am »

Jack A T: Alright, now for your answer, sorry about the delay.

The four “primary alignments” (Town, Mafia, Cult, Serial Killer) are basically incompatible with each other: Being mafia or cult as well as town, or mafia and cult at the same time, would lead to ratting your teammates out to the largest group, and serial killer wincon is redundant with all other primary wincons, since by definition being the last player alive satisfies town, mafia, or cult wincon.  As such, double-wincons are LIKELY (not guaranteed, but likely) to be crosses between secondary alignments or a primary-secondary combination.

Now to list the secondary alignments: lyncher, brother, ally, jester, martyr, assassin, survivor, watcher, and outsider are the ones I can remember.  There are a few interesting combinations among these and the primary alignments, but because of the whole ratting out your buddies problem they mostly end up being neutral to town victory if not outright hostile.  However, I believe it would be rash to condemn all of those with double wincons, but most of their secondary wincons are not beneficial to town victory.

Vector: It was a random question which I’ve already said was not asked for information gathering, and yes, it is a bit of rolefishing.  Sometimes a small amount of rolefishing can benefit the town, and if you’ll go back and read previous posts you’ll find out what I was fishing for.

Cheeetar: No matter what my alignment is, being asked “are you a Shakerag” in this game when you are a Shakerag is a “damned if I do, damned if I don’t” situation.  If I don’t answer, I’ll be voted for avoiding the question; if I lie, then I get lynched later for lying; if I tell the truth, people might vote me or clue into what I am.  As such, unless I am a survivor (who might go option one and hope nobody notices) or a Jester(who might go option one or option two to try and get lynched), I see it as a good strategy to choose option three: tell the truth.  I have no reason to fear dying any more than anyone else, and if I’ve painted a target on my head, so be it: lying only hurts the town in the long run.

Now for your other question: umm... because it was funny to me.  You were the first player I thought of when I was writing that because you were among the first to post in the game, and as such I used your name.  My apologies if that offends you.

Unvote Varee, I have now confirmed that if he is a liar, he’s at least a consistent liar.

Also, what?  Why would Shakerag’s be necessarily town?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 08, 2014, 12:14:37 pm »

Varee: You have not answered my question.
If you had a kill right now, who would you kill?

SuperBlackCat, Tiruin: Neither of you has posted or answered any questions yet. Why?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 08, 2014, 12:34:51 pm »

Flabort:
Everyone Role ideas? what do you want if I choose you?

The Winner of KYSON

Cheese:

This, really.  I understand having issues getting opinions into words, but actions are more straightforward.

To see if he's true to his word, basically.
I'd like to be more specific, but then it would serve no purpose because Toaster can see what I'm typing, and use that to deduce my actions.
Basically.

If you're seeing if I'd use it as a second lynch, I would, and I'll probably shoot whoever is up for lynch.  In fact...

TolyK:  If there's a daykill with very little time left in the day, is it automatically extended?  Are votes reset?

Need to know if we'd have time to discuss a second lynch.

Shakerag:
Toaster:
Shakerag:  The title says I must kill you.  Do you agree y/n
Nooooooo.  You have to kill your -own- Shakerag.  I am not the Shakerag you are looking for. 

Oh, but you are my Shakerag.  I created you!

Jim:
Jim G:  You typically avoid the crazier games.  Have you gotten in over your head here?

I think so.

In ridiculous games like this I care less about winning or losing since random bullshit happens a lot of the time that wins or loses game. Instead I will just try to have fun. This game is a semi-bastard and I will be one too.

Fair enough.  What is your plan for having fun?

I can confirm I got a gun.  I can now daykill someone.  Helpfully, I can target myself with this.  So... two lynches today go go go?

Honestly I'd rather see you use it on who you feel like rather than try to gather some kind of consensus.

Yeah, yeah, make me make my own decision so I can be judged for it.  If I'm rather convinced on someone I won't hesitate to fire it.

4mask:
Can't answer, having mental breakdown, 4mask will be with you later when he's not afraid of dying in the immediate future.

<3

Unvote Varee, I have now confirmed that if he is a liar, he’s at least a consistent liar.

Isn't being a liar still a good reason to vote someone?

Vector:
Cheeetar: Thanks for the answers.

Vector: To what extent is congeniality suspicious?

I see it as a sort of "entry scumtell." It's something worth commenting on and makes the person a worthy target of questioning, but not in and of itself worth hanging someone over. Similarly, so is unusual rudeness. I'm looking for variations from a baseline. I'm realizing now that the Mafia baseline level of aggression may have changed substantially since the last time I played.

What about thanking someone for simply answering?  Is that not congenial?

Varee:
Damn There more than 2 mafia ....

This is one of those statements you should elaborate on.

On Wincons

For the record, when I got the ability from Mastahcheese, it arrived in the form of an additional secondary role.  It had a rolename, ability list, and crucially, a line for a wincon!  The wincon line was blank, but it was present.  As such, I totally believe someone could have two wincons.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 08, 2014, 12:40:34 pm »

TolyK:  If there's a daykill with very little time left in the day, is it automatically extended?  Are votes reset?

Need to know if we'd have time to discuss a second lynch.
No, there will not be an automatic extension after a daykill.

However, I'll refer you to this:
= Extensions: players have 2 extensions, can only use one per day. Up to 2 extensions per day at 48 hours each (+ mod extensions).
 = Shorten: requires >50% of living players to vote shorten.

Also, I noticed my first lie:
= No hammers!
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 08, 2014, 12:52:27 pm »

Toaster: I wasn't calling him a liar, I was saying that if he was lying he's making sure I can't prove it.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 08, 2014, 01:10:05 pm »

TolyK: YOU BASTARD  :P

Alright, so, since TolyK won't answer that question, I'll ask some things of my fellow players.

Jack A T: your second role, the one you say doesn't give you a new wincon: does it even have a spot for a wincon? Like, does it say "WINCON: " or whatever?

Cheeetar: you say you have an outsider role: is your wincon listed? If so, how?

To Explain: My second role has no spot for a wincon, and after what Toaster said I asked the mod about that. He gave me a nonanswer, so I'm asking you all.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 08, 2014, 01:24:02 pm »

TolyK: How many votes to hammer? >50%?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 08, 2014, 01:25:05 pm »

TolyK: How many votes to hammer? >50%?
I ink he was making a reference to the fact that Toaster is the Hammerer and things.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 101