Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 101

Author Topic: KYOSN: Now with Archived QuickTopic links!  (Read 252080 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Day 1 (15/15) - A Beginning that Dwarfs All Others
« Reply #240 on: November 08, 2014, 01:26:38 pm »

He inks correctly.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 08, 2014, 01:29:07 pm »

TolyK: How many votes to hammer? >50%?
I ink he was making a reference to the fact that Toaster is the Hammerer and things.

Right, Toaster has those hammers.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 08, 2014, 03:28:36 pm »

The new information on wincon slots (only placing extra ones in some hands, blank or otherwise) makes me think it is more likely that someone has, or will get, a second wincon.  I think we'd best stop this.

flabort: I suggest that the role you give, no matter who you give it to, should be "The KYOSN Role That, Whether or Not the Owner of This Role Is Alive, Permanently (With No Action Required) Non-Lethally Removes All Present and Future Win Conditions Attached to Non-Primary Roles From the Game."  Thoughts?  Also, why did you ask the orange-marked questions, if you didn't expect much information or the generation of much conversation?
I expect a cultist team.
Why?

Everyone: Thoughts on the above suggestion?  Do you support it?  Should anything be changed?

Jack A T: your second role, the one you say doesn't give you a new wincon: does it even have a spot for a wincon? Like, does it say "WINCON: " or whatever?
4maskwolf: There is a spot in my second role for a wincon.  It holds no wincon, but does have an angle-bracketed comment saying
"none, eh?".
Can't answer, having mental breakdown, 4mask will be with you later when he's not afraid of dying in the immediate future.
You're back, but I'll say this anyway: I believe this is the part where I link to something sort of amusing. Take breaks from Mafia when you need to.  Your life is more important than the game.

Everyone: Are you a Shakerag? Some people claim that they are not one, so I want to see who is and who isn't. Is this too similar to rolefishing?
TheDarkStar: As I do not yet have any idea of what being a Shakerag or not means in this game, I am not willing to reveal this yet.

Vector: It's been a while.  How will Toaster's hammereriness affect your voting today?
Jack AT: Not at all. I may have to try to address more arguments to him vis-a-vis someone's scummitude or towniness, but it's not going to influence my vote.
Vector: I get the impression you put little thought into this.  You would be as willing as normally to vote Toaster?

And the reason I gave him one is because I don't trust him. All actions are public, so if he shoots someone in the face, then we'll know he's dangerous.
mastahcheese: ... does Toaster only have the kill available today?  If not, did you even minimally consider the possibility that the public actions thing is temporary?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 08, 2014, 03:43:25 pm »

Thoughts on potential cultists: It would make sense, given that roles can apparently give additional wincons. Be wary of Flabort giving you a 'gift'.

Unvote 4maskwolf. Your answers are cromulent enough. Sorry to hear you were having a bad time prior.

Shakerag, if you're reading this post- you still have a question from me. Get to it.

Vote Persus13, do you think there are direct analogues to town/mafia/third party in this game?

Cheeetar: you say you have an outsider role: is your wincon listed? If so, how?

It says 'WINCON: <stuff>'. By outsider, I just mean that my wincon is stupid and I'm not sure how it works (and TolyK refuses to tell me.)
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 08, 2014, 03:49:59 pm »

Jack, that is actually a very pleasant read. Thank you.

Cheeetar, check your PM's for clarification.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 08, 2014, 03:56:14 pm »

Just a quick note to everyone: my mental breakdown last night had nothing to do with mafia. I really don't feel like explaining what caused it, but I just wanted to clear that up.

TolyK you s.o.b., why does my second role not have a spot for a wincon?

Jack A T: I just took TDS's question as meaning "does your role name have a Shakerag in it?"

Cheeetar, I see. Also, wow, that's the first time in a while I've had to look up a word in the dictionary.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 08, 2014, 04:01:51 pm »

If I missed a wincon, it should be "WINCON: <none>".
Just clearing that up.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 08, 2014, 04:03:00 pm »

If I missed a wincon, it should be "WINCON: <none>".
Just clearing that up.
Mmk. Good to know. I'm still interested in hearing the answer to my pm question though.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 08, 2014, 04:04:31 pm »

Shoot I'm late, I'll go back and look through to see the questions for me.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 08, 2014, 04:05:44 pm »

Varee has actioned Jack A T and Shakerag.

Jack A T, Shakerag- Did you receive any notification of this, or do you know in any way what Varee did to you?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 08, 2014, 04:06:04 pm »

*bang*

Also, it's the weekend, don't worry. There are several others who still haven't shown up.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 08, 2014, 04:13:36 pm »

Jack A T, Shakerag- Did you receive any notification of this, or do you know in any way what Varee did to you?
Cheeetar: No, and no notification of anything happening to me.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 08, 2014, 04:14:06 pm »

Hmm.
I have more information on the gifts I can give if you want.

I can use them myself if nobody wants them. I think I might collect anything you don't want.
They can come with extra wincons. Additional wincons may have "And you win in any other way" tacked on, apparently. This implies that you can win with one wincon and not another, or with more than one; for anyone who played mini mafia madness, I assume the more wins, the better! Which means you might choose to collect multiple wincons.

Jack A T The reason I asked the orange marked questions wasn't that I wanted much from the answers, but I did expect generation of conversation; if I didn't make it clear that the "players tend to be able to hold a conversation on very little starting material" meant that I did expect some conversation, then I apologize.

As to why I expect that Nobles might mean Cultists, I expect that the nobles are some nonstandard team, which usually means cult; they might be a pseudo 1-or-2-shot cult like the Dark Magi from Supernatural7, they might not be a cult at all. I personally suspect that Mandates could be a conversion/kill if a requirement is not met, but that they could be a post restriction or something scarier, also resulting in a kill if whatever requirement is not met. On the other hand, it wouldn't make sense for nobles to turn other people into nobles; perhaps noble-allies? Seriously, though, I suspect that the Nobles are a team that gets others to do their work, which is the same kind of thing a cult does, except that for it to be a true cult, it's numbers need to grow constantly. It's whether or not their ability to Mandate can be done indefinitely, and whether it can be considered a conversion that defines whether they are or not a cult.

PPE:
*bang*

Also, it's the weekend, don't worry. There are several others who still haven't shown up.
I agree; I do wish everyone should show up sooner than later, but if you can't just let us know why.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 08, 2014, 04:20:36 pm »

Flabort: Can you give yourself a role with the wincon of "If you survive to Day 2, you win." What restrictions are there on the roles you can give?
I've played some mafia.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 08, 2014, 04:24:16 pm »

Don't try to out-guess the mod!

However, I'm feeling kind of sorry for Wuba's inbox. :p
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 101