Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 101

Author Topic: KYOSN: Now with Archived QuickTopic links!  (Read 251788 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Day 2 (14/15) (1 replacement) - Royalty has Arrived!
« Reply #720 on: November 19, 2014, 01:48:30 am »

ZU:  Do you not agree that no nights is town friendly?
I guess it is but its actually pretty relaxing to go several real life days without having to post. And since the lynch got messed up and Flabort's flip is incomplete it still feels like D1.

Jim why did you decide to knife Flabort even though he was getting lynched?
Toaster why would we want the game to stay more DF than mafia?
1. Jim explained why he did this. Do you dislike his explanation? Do you think he's lying? What is it that bugs you about his actions, if anything?
2. This seems like you dislike it. Why?
1. I missed it. 2. See above.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 19, 2014, 01:54:02 am »

Well. It seems like the Shakerag himself has come, along with his spirit(spirits?)! Most excellent.
Unfortunately, you all must've come here with different goals. However, I assure you, it is most possible to cater to everyone's needs.
FWIW, this part of the opening post seems to support what Shakerag said about everyone being able to win.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 19, 2014, 02:02:36 am »

Alright. SBC is never going to lynch himself, so- 4maskwolf. You screwed us out of the lynch we wanted and excused it poorly. Why should we keep a loose cannon around?
Why not?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 19, 2014, 02:03:21 am »

I suppose SBC and Jim need to work together to figure out who to splatter today.

Yes. He can vote who I like or I can immediately daykill him.

I am the night.

Oh, wait, never mind. 4maskwolf's got the threat of impending doom on him. I don't need to add on to it.

Jim why did you decide to knife Flabort even though he was getting lynched?

I inspected him and he had an unclaimed power that saved him from death once per phase. I suspected he might try to use it to avoid being lynched, since he hadn't claimed it.

So I shot him.

I inspected him because of what Shakerag said and that flabort claimed he had a passive censored ability titled 'How everybody wins.' Then I got back things like this:

<censored>
<bzzzzzzt>
<bazinga>
<nope>
<hahalol>
<omgwtfbbq>

As descriptions for his passives. So I judged that the censored autos probably didn't do anything and that they were jokes meant to screw with flabort and that we wouldn't be losing out on much if he were dead.

So that's why I shot flabort.

I've never made such a severe misplay in mafia and excused it because "I had to go do stuff". Your excuse is not valid- you need to acknowledge culpability.

Will him admitting fault somehow make him less scummy?

I don't see what extracting a mea culpa out of him accomplishes.

Alright. SBC is never going to lynch himself, so- 4maskwolf. You screwed us out of the lynch we wanted and excused it poorly. Why should we keep a loose cannon around?

Do you think 4maskwolf knew about the effects of the lever pull beforehand?

TolyK, what happens if the king is dead?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 19, 2014, 02:35:31 am »

I've never made such a severe misplay in mafia and excused it because "I had to go do stuff". Your excuse is not valid- you need to acknowledge culpability.

Will him admitting fault somehow make him less scummy?

I don't see what extracting a mea culpa out of him accomplishes.

I don't expect scumhunting him to progress well until he owns up to his decisions (instead of excusing them as beyond his control). I can't very well question him about something he did if he refuses to even acknowledge that his actions were completely his own.

I need to talk about his motives and reasoning in doing something- he hasn't been giving these, and instead has been putting forth pretty poor pleas to his situation. (From his abcd post- he wanted to stop playing, he didn't know what it would do, he didn't know what it would do, and 'fuck'- none of these explain his actions.)

Do you think 4maskwolf knew about the effects of the lever pull beforehand?

I think there's a possibility that he did, and it's important to keep in mind. Don't take 4mask at his word when he says he didn't know what it would do.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 19, 2014, 03:55:11 am »

TolyK, what happens if the king is dead?
He loses all his votes, since he's... dead.
The remaining players, who are probably still alive at this point, may use their votes (if they have them) to determine the person to hammer.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 19, 2014, 04:55:31 am »

I think there's a possibility that he did, and it's important to keep in mind. Don't take 4mask at his word when he says he didn't know what it would do.

That's not what I asked. Do you think he used the power knowing what it did?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 19, 2014, 05:02:36 am »

That's not what I asked. Do you think he used the power knowing what it did?

I don't know. I have no 'yes' or 'no' answer for you- I'm sorry.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 19, 2014, 05:41:41 am »

Isn't that a pretty critical factor in deciding whether 4maskwolf is scummy for it? If you don't think so then you're voting him for being irresponsible. (Well, not really voting, but whatever.)

Yeah, what 4maskwolf did was horribly irresponsible, but being irresponsible and being scummy are not the same thing.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 19, 2014, 05:53:31 am »

There are two real possibilities I can see:
4maskwolf was knowingly irresponsible (he knew he didn't know what the hell it did, but did it anyway without any discussion or sticking around to see what would happen)- scummy
4maskwolf did it knowing he'd screw over the lynch- scummy
I've played some mafia.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 19, 2014, 09:48:21 am »

There are two real possibilities I can see:
4maskwolf was knowingly irresponsible (he knew he didn't know what the hell it did, but did it anyway without any discussion or sticking around to see what would happen)- scummy
4maskwolf did it knowing he'd screw over the lynch- scummy
I did stick around, but TolyK didn't process the action for an hour and a half. Also, I have no evidence that my lever pull was actually related to the lynch being screwed.

So basically, you're saying "fuck you you irresponsible ass" because I don't have AN HOUR AND A HALF to spare. My apologies for HAVING A LIFE!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 19, 2014, 12:01:55 pm »

Proposal:  Let's just drop the hammer on Persus13 and spare some poor soul the agony of having to replace in and read over this gigantic clusterfuck. 

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 19, 2014, 12:12:36 pm »

Proposal:  Let's just drop the hammer on Persus13 and spare some poor soul the agony of having to replace in and read over this gigantic clusterfuck.
I'm useless without nights anyway.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 19, 2014, 01:15:11 pm »

I'm kinda inclined to agree with Shakerag's idea because fuck if I even know what to think anymore.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 19, 2014, 06:07:37 pm »

Cheese: Why are you, with no reasoning, agreeing to lynch someone?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 101