Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 101

Author Topic: KYOSN: Now with Archived QuickTopic links!  (Read 245285 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Day 1 (15/15) - A Beginning that Dwarfs All Others
« Reply #165 on: November 07, 2014, 09:41:35 am »

Mastahcheese [1] How often should one revise their opinions on someone? [2] Should a revision be drastic, and [3] should past opinions have a say in new opinions?
[1] As often as possible, whenever anything comes up that could alter it.
[2] Not neccassarily, no. It should be more "double checking to see what's changed", not just revising for the sake of revising.
[3] I think so, yeah. First impressions mean a lot.

What are your opinions on such things?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 07, 2014, 09:43:01 am »

(Female voice over intercom): Please remember that we have started near the Weekend and thus some people might still be at work... at this event... Uh.
Well, anyways, I think you have understood.

Right, Dave?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 07, 2014, 09:44:24 am »

Toaster: In what circumstances would you use the wood or adamantine hammer?

Cheeetar Which is scummier: Lurking day 2, or not answering questions day 1?

This is a good question. Not answering questions is more a sign of actual inactivity or newbieness than any calculated move- it costs nothing to answer a question, and it's fairly easy to not incriminate yourself too much. I'd say lurking day 2 is more of a scumtell than not answering questions day 1.

Everyone: How much does the actions-made-public rule screw with your plans?

I didn't have any plans prior to being aware of this rule, so it didn't. Yay for lack of foresight!
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 07, 2014, 10:08:43 am »

Varee:
Toaster: NQT is definitely my not-a-player-buddy, Do you think I can get away with being lazy in a game liek this?

Also From what I know there 13 shakerags in this game .....

Vague response noted.

Just 13?  Do you think that the claimed Shakerag-Miller is included in that?

Flabort:
Not yet, and they might bias one player or another into one way of thinking or another, leading them down the wrong path and missing the right one.
If you had picked another secondary role, would you have picked by how cool the name was, or by how powerful the idea of the role seemed?

Fair enough.

Probably the latter; I typically send science-themed roles in for BYORs (Big Bang, Dyson Sphere, the Internet) so it'd likely be something like that.

Toaster Do you think that it is possible for everyone in the game to win at once?

It's possible, though I kind of doubt it.  It's (stated as) not a bastard game, and pretty much every game I know with an "everyone wins" condition were bastard games.  But with WUBA involved, every possibility is on the table.

Mastahcheese:

I have nothing to hide.

Cheeetar:
Toaster: In what circumstances would you use the wood or adamantine hammer?

Not many.

If I was convinced the lynch target was not scum, I might then, though the cost of a lack of flip's pretty high.  A maiming might come as a compromise, at least neutering the target that more people than not thought was scum.  It'd also depend on the margin; larger margin means harsher hammer.

If I suspected the player at all, they'd probably get Maxwelled.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 07, 2014, 10:58:14 am »

NQT also have tha power to make the mod lie! that .......... (
I don't think he does, actually.  I don't think he's actually in the game.
I'm not.

nah am just stating that it is possible
Anything is possible if you believe!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 07, 2014, 11:11:25 am »

Mastahcheese:

I have nothing to hide.
That... Doesn't really answer my question?

I could expect "Not at all, I have nothing to hide", but the vagueness of your answer...
Unsettles me.

Hmm.

If someone were to hand you a weapon, would you use it?
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 07, 2014, 11:44:31 am »

I guess I assumed the "not at all" was implied. 

Besides the weapon I've already been handed?  Probably, yes.  Right this second, no, but I'm not afraid of killing someone I strongly suspect.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 07, 2014, 11:49:17 am »

(Male voice over intercom): Sorry Betty, I'm at work right now, and the weekend's coming up. I'll answer your questions later.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 07, 2014, 12:07:21 pm »

PFW
It actually helps me out.
By the way, who would like an extra role tonight, and what do they want? Santa Claus is coming to town.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 07, 2014, 12:42:02 pm »

Varee:
Hmm that weird,
Blah going to type out RVS but too many people :P

Why is it weird?

Also, you don't need to ask everyone a question. If you feel overwhelmed, just ask enough questions for you to handle.

4maskwolf:
Everyone: Are you satisfied with your role?  Is there something that you want to claim before the game gets into full swing.  I personally don't, but Cheeetar claiming miller reminded me of that.
I have an awful post restriction. Among other things, I can't vote with a reason in the same post, and I can't double post. So if I post a reasonless vote, ask me what the reason is and I'll be happy to post it.

What would happen if someone attacked you for rolefishing based on the quoted post? You planning on backstabbing your scumbuddies?

Persus13 Are you lurking again? How long must someone be gone before he or she can be genuinely accused of lurking? Would you accuse them right away or wait longer?
Around one in-game day would be what I'd consider a good time. I'd probably wait until the end of Day 2 before getting mad about it. Lurking kills games, blah blah blah. As usual, context is key, if its a player like Deathsword who has a history of lurking, I'll understand and not find it as scummy, but be a little more annoyed about it. If it is a player who hasn't lurked much and doesn't have a good excuse I'll definitely be more on their case about it.

Who do you feel you can read best right now? Who haven't you played with before and what do you plan on doing to get acquainted with their playstyle?

Mastahcheese: You plan on unleashing the cheese tunnel anytime soon?

Vector: I haven't played with you before, what do you consider important scumtells? What games do you consider to have good play from you?

Toaster: Any recommendations for a player new to bastard games?

Penguin avatars
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 07, 2014, 01:00:21 pm »

Persus:

Don't make any assumptions.

Why the hidden text?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 07, 2014, 01:02:32 pm »

Everyone: Are you satisfied with your role?  Is there something that you want to claim before the game gets into full swing.  I personally don't, but Cheeetar claiming miller reminded me of that.
4maskwolf: I am satisfied, and have nothing to declare.  What use do you think these questions will have?  How would you handle double-wincon players?

Jack A T Would you lie as scum? As a third party?
flabort: If it would help me achieve my wincon, yes.  Which of your 14 RVS questions do you think will gain you useful information?  Why?  Of what sort?  Which ones do you think will not?

mastahcheese: I try to avoid making careful plans before the game starts, especially in semibastardy games like this.  Did you make plans for this game before it started?

Toaster: As the hammerer, what do you view your job as being?  Would you, under any circumstances, declare before the end of the day that you would refuse to kill a given player?

Mastahcheese: Why would I vote for you?

Tiruin: Do you believe that we should try to minimize the bastardy parts of the game?  Why?

Persus13: Which players, in this game, do you see as having a history of lurking?

Vector: It's been a while.  How will Toaster's hammereriness affect your voting today?

Jim Groovester: As a townie, which player (aside from the Third Party In Name Only types) would you most want to be a serial killer?  Why?  How about survivor?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 07, 2014, 01:21:04 pm »

flabort: If it would help me achieve my wincon, yes.  Which of your 14 RVS questions do you think will gain you useful information?  Why?  Of what sort?  Which ones do you think will not?
Correction: 15 RVS questions.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 07, 2014, 01:34:18 pm »

Toastaaaar
I guess I assumed the "not at all" was implied. 
How come you aren't following your own advice?

Persus:
Don't make any assumptions.
I ask because I get the feeling that you're spending more time making yourself seem unsupspicious, than simply answering questions.

Besides the weapon I've already been handed?  Probably, yes.  Right this second, no, but I'm not afraid of killing someone I strongly suspect.
Really?
*Passes Toaster a gun*
I want to see if you'll make due on that, Toaster

Jack
mastahcheese: I try to avoid making careful plans before the game starts, especially in semibastardy games like this.  Did you make plans for this game before it started?
I always plan ahead. Doesn't mean they ever help, but I try.

Mastahcheese: Why would I vote for you?
Because you can. Because you're trying to apply pressure. Because you want me dead. Because you're spiting me for all the times i've said "screw you, Jack".

...Did I get one right?
The Derail Thread

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 07, 2014, 01:40:02 pm »

mastahcheese: Your effort to cover as many possibilities as you could failed.  You missed one: I wanted to see how you would react.  (Also, where did you say "screw you, Jack" before?  I want to add that to my signature.)

Why did you not consider that possibility?  Also, how much does the actions-made-public rule screw with your plans?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 101