Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 101

Author Topic: KYOSN: Now with Archived QuickTopic links!  (Read 245275 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Day 1 (15/15) - A Beginning that Dwarfs All Others
« Reply #195 on: November 07, 2014, 04:39:24 pm »

4maskwolf:
Shakerag: Are you the real Shakerag?
I can already see that this is going to be awkward.  In so far as game mechanics are concerned, I am not a "real Shakerag". 

Toaster:
Shakerag:  The title says I must kill you.  Do you agree y/n
Nooooooo.  You have to kill your -own- Shakerag.  I am not the Shakerag you are looking for. 

Varee:
Also From what I know there 13 shakerags in this game .....
Are you sure about that? 

flabort:
Shakerag How many third parties do you expect there to be?
Hell if I know.  More than one, fewer than sixteen? 

Bluh bluh busy.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 07, 2014, 05:11:57 pm »

1] Who wants a gift? I need to prep it ahead of time, during the day, so I can give it during night, so (new) role names!

What kind of gift?

TheDarkStar What do you suspect these mandates are? Do you suspect that they will have any impact on your play?

Mandates are probably something about how nobles can direct what other people do (maybe they need to know the role or the ability name?).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 07, 2014, 05:35:50 pm »

STILL PFW
1] Who wants a gift? I need to prep it ahead of time, during the day, so I can give it during night, so (new) role names!

What kind of gift?

I can give someone a new secondary role. I need to prepare it ahead of time. It does not replace their old one. I think if I wanted I could also give away the secondary I started with.
FOR THIS REASON, even if I am to give it randomly, what kinds of roles would people like? I could also duplicate your existing secondary if I knew the name; TolyK was unclear as to whether it would ALWAYS duplicate.

Reply to the other thing in a couple hours.

Everyone Role ideas? what do you want if I choose you?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 07, 2014, 06:03:21 pm »

You're being remarkably upfront about your abilities, Flabort. How much do you expect people to trust you, and everybody else gathered, to their role names? Do you recall BYOR13, where there were roles that were able to do nasty things with knowledge of other people's role names?

Shakerag, to what extent did you expect to be lynched Day 1 when signing up for this game?

mastahcheese “Who, me” “Yes, you” “Not me!” “Than who?” Cheeetar stole the cookies from the cookie jar!

Oh, and Unvote Cheeetar, I was just continuing the song when I “voted” for you.

I don't quite buy it. 4maskwolf, why the song and dance?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 07, 2014, 06:22:43 pm »

Cheese: if you don't feel comfortable with Toaster, why give him a pistol?
To see if he's true to his word, basically.
I'd like to be more specific, but then it would serve no purpose because Toaster can see what I'm typing, and use that to deduce my actions.
Basically.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2014, 06:24:54 pm »

STILL PFW

What kind of gift?

I can give someone a new secondary role. I need to prepare it ahead of time. It does not replace their old one. I think if I wanted I could also give away the secondary I started with.
FOR THIS REASON, even if I am to give it randomly, what kinds of roles would people like? I could also duplicate your existing secondary if I knew the name; TolyK was unclear as to whether it would ALWAYS duplicate.

Reply to the other thing in a couple hours.

I'll be a volunteer. I don't have a role suggestion yet.

Everyone: Are you a Shakerag? Some people claim that they are not one, so I want to see who is and who isn't. Is this too similar to rolefishing?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2014, 06:29:25 pm »

I’m not Shakerag!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2014, 06:31:39 pm »

I’m not Shakerag!

[joke]Very convincing.[/joke]

I see what you're trying to say, though. That's actually what caused me to ask the question in the first place - you claimed not-Shakerag earlier.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2014, 06:40:38 pm »

I’m not Shakerag!

I see what you're trying to say, though. That's actually what caused me to ask the question in the first place - you claimed not-Shakerag earlier.
And someone claimed a Shakerag-miller role earlier too. 

I am a Shakerag miller- I appear to be Shakerag on inspection, but I am not. Honest.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 07, 2014, 06:47:02 pm »

I’m not Shakerag!

And someone claimed a Shakerag-miller role earlier too. 

I am a Shakerag miller- I appear to be Shakerag on inspection, but I am not. Honest.

Does this mean that Shakerag is kind of like the third party/scum alignment? It depends on what most people are and if Cheeetar's role says that he's literally a miller or just implies it.

flabort: I'm suggesting Velociraptor as a role in case I get picked. I'd rather not claim or even receive a second copy of my secondary.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 07, 2014, 06:59:26 pm »

Shakerag is not, in fact, indicative of anti-town, because my main role has the words "the Shakerag" in it and is town. No, I can't prove I'm town short of inspects, I get it. I'll post more once I take the dog out.

GayArchaea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 07, 2014, 07:11:10 pm »

PFP
Flabort: The most effective way to scum hunt in a high-powered game without using any powers would probably be to look closely at the posts and see what people are implying.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 07, 2014, 07:22:59 pm »

What if you were a Shakerag but on inspection appeared not to be one? Would you claim that?

If you were a town miller I could understand claiming but I don't understand why you would claim a Shakerag miller without knowing more about the game, and whether that would be a wise decision for you in the first place.

Jim Groovester Do you figure that this game can possibly go into LYLO or MYLO?

I think it's possible, but this being a semi-bastard game, I think a more appropriate question is why would I care?

Jim G:  You typically avoid the crazier games.  Have you gotten in over your head here?

I think so.

In ridiculous games like this I care less about winning or losing since random bullshit happens a lot of the time that wins or loses game. Instead I will just try to have fun. This game is a semi-bastard and I will be one too.

I can confirm I got a gun.  I can now daykill someone.  Helpfully, I can target myself with this.  So... two lynches today go go go?

Honestly I'd rather see you use it on who you feel like rather than try to gather some kind of consensus.

Everyone: How much does the actions-made-public rule screw with your plans?

Ha, joke's on you, I never had a plan to start with!

Really?
*Passes Toaster a gun*
I want to see if you'll make due on that, Toaster

I fail to see what you're trying to test Toaster about.

Isn't it risky to willy-nilly give daykills about? Furthermore, why did you give Toaster a daykill if you don't trust him?

Cheese: if you don't feel comfortable with Toaster, why give him a pistol?
To see if he's true to his word, basically.
I'd like to be more specific, but then it would serve no purpose because Toaster can see what I'm typing, and use that to deduce my actions.
Basically.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Jim Groovester: As a townie, which player (aside from the Third Party In Name Only types) would you most want to be a serial killer?  Why?  How about survivor?

Which player in particular or which characteristics? For characteristics, the ideal player is a bad player who thinks mafia is about GAMBITS and PLOYS and OTHER DUMB SHIT and does stuff like make a really bad fake claim really early on in the game and do a progressively worse and worse defense of it. Basically, a serial killer who reveals himself.

A survivor should be good enough to not attract attention and not get lynched or otherwise waste the town's time.

As for players in particular, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I don't know any of these people. Let's go with Varee for serial killer since it seems like his skill is most untested and Jack A T for survivor since he's pretty good at not getting lynched or wasting people's time.

PfW
Toaster: Thanks. Do you have a rolecop ability for secondary roles? If so, could you please use it on me and tell me what that condition is, because it's hidden from me.

Toaster does have a rolecop ability. It's called a daykill. It also has the side effect of killing the target, but it would reveal the information you want.

Why are you offering freely? Why not wait to power up somebody you feel benefits your wincon?

PFP
Flabort: The most effective way to scum hunt in a high-powered game without using any powers would probably be to look closely at the posts and see what people are implying.

This answer is incorrect. In high-powered semi-bastard games like this one, clearly the best way to scumhunt without powers is to ask people to volunteer information.

How could you make a simple mistake like this?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 07, 2014, 07:31:56 pm »

What if you were a Shakerag but on inspection appeared not to be one? Would you claim that?

If you were a town miller I could understand claiming but I don't understand why you would claim a Shakerag miller without knowing more about the game, and whether that would be a wise decision for you in the first place.

I'm not anti-town. As far as I can see, I have some crazy outsider wincon, and asking TolyK he literally said I wouldn't know how to play to win until the end of Day 3. So, y'know. If I'm a godfather role, I might have screwed myself?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 101