Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 101

Author Topic: KYOSN: Now with Archived QuickTopic links!  (Read 251475 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Day 1 (15/15) - Clumsy Trigger Finger
« Reply #360 on: November 11, 2014, 01:36:33 pm »

Cheese...Why?

TolyK: So Toaster is still the hammerer?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 11, 2014, 01:38:20 pm »

Cause I didn't trust him, and I wanted to see how he'd flip.
Seems he only got stunned, though.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 11, 2014, 01:39:21 pm »

Well, I'm glad I'm not dead. Toaster had a motive in trying to shoot me- what wincon do you have, Toaster, and how is it served by trying to kill somebody who is scumhunting? Surely, shooting anybody would give you more information on how Shakerag/Mafia works- why specifically me?

TolyK: Does "JUST KIDDING!" have any relevance to the game- is it just a joke, or did it mean something?
Mastahcheese: What was the intended function of the gun?

SBC:
SBC: Why are you trying to get people to not question mastahcheese so transparently? Why do you say 'as opposed to'- do you want mastahcheese to stop being under suspicion in favour of Toaster, or just for people to look at Toaster?
You've answered like one half of this question, but try answering the second half.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 11, 2014, 01:40:31 pm »

You mother fucker.

Now I wish I had shot myself, so it'd hit you instead.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 11, 2014, 01:43:56 pm »

TolyK: Does "JUST KIDDING!" have any relevance to the game- is it just a joke, or did it mean something?
No, it's just a joke.
Toaster fired at you from the wrong right end of the gun, and hit himself.

TolyK: So Toaster is still the hammerer?
Yes, Toaster is still hammerer. A useless one, at the moment, but still the hammerer.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 11, 2014, 01:47:09 pm »

Cheese: So, just to be clear: You set Toaster (a skilled veteran) up to kill himself and actively disrupted day play for an extended period of time to make sure that he would shoot, just because you didn't like one of his RVS answers.

Wow.

Toaster: Under what circumstances do you consider pure information-gathering daykills a good idea?

TolyK: Does Toaster's maimedness prevent him from doing his duties as hammerer?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 11, 2014, 01:51:01 pm »

TolyK: Does Toaster's maimedness prevent him from doing his duties as hammerer?
Yes, it does. So no lynch unless a noble appoints a new hammerer.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Day 1 (15/15) - A Beginning that Dwarfs All Others
« Reply #367 on: November 11, 2014, 01:56:32 pm »

All the crap mastah is spewing makes it seem like he is not scum. What kind of scum draws so much attention to himself? It seems to me he is a third-party, and a more harmless one, because if he was one that town wanted to kill, well then he'd just silently kill at night.

Toaster on the other hand has a daykill, and I don't even really have a read on him.

Do you still think this? What are your thoughts on what just happened?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 11, 2014, 01:56:40 pm »

Alright.

Let's try a mechanic.

Mandate: Appoint Jim Groovester as hammerer.

Mandate: Give Jack A T as few or as many links to cute cat pictures as you want.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 11, 2014, 01:57:53 pm »

Everyone: Actions are public- nobles would have to out themselves to appoint a new hammerer. Either they act in an anti-town fashion (not letting us lynch) or they reveal their presence. Which is preferable?

Ninja-edit: Oh, Jack already done did it. Dangit.

Mastahcheese: How is this current situation preferable to you just not giving Toaster a daykill?

a) Why did you twig so hard at being FoS'd? You got super defensive super fast for what was one statement and a question.
b) Why did you question Jim's case when you say you had 'no real opinion' on it- why did you then FoS Jim for something you had no read on? Were you simply making yourself seen to be posting?
c) Why were you so quick to tell me I should be focusing on mastahcheese instead, and why do you continue to assert that I have no business scumhunting by focusing on you?

a) It took some detail to answer your first question thoroughly.
b) I questioned it because he seemed to be voting without a real reason. After he explained it, I could then form an opinion on it, but there was no way I could have done so before. You're thinking that I thought it was odd because I disagreed with the logic, but that's not actually what happened. I thought that it was slightly suspicious because it didn't make sense to me.
c) "Instead"? I used the word "simultaneously".

a) The one question I asked, that I had to keep badgering you to answer? That'd be the one you didn't answer in your reply.
b) Okay, that did take me a while to grasp. I don't get why it didn't make sense, but that's clearer and more reasonable than what I thought was going on there.
c)
Second, why are you directing a question about Mastahcheese's posting to me? Third, why are you asking only me these questions and not mastahcheese, who also had similar points?

You do mention him a bit, and you don't use the word simultaneously. It could conceivably be interpreted as 'ask both of us!' except with the addition of 'why me' it isn't.

Additionally:
Why did you ever think that un-FoSing wouldn't be viewed as the tamest scum play in the world?
If you really just thought that his initial post didn't make sense (and apparently still think it only makes sense with the addition of other explanatory posts) why go so far as 'un-FoSing' Jim. Isn't it still reasonable to view his supposedly non-understandable post as suspicious?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 11, 2014, 02:02:14 pm »

Mandate: Appoint Jim Groovester as hammerer.

Mandate: Give Jack A T as few or as many links to cute cat pictures as you want.

Jim Groovester has been appointed Hammerer!

Post cute cat pictures, if you so choose! Just make sure they can't explode.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 11, 2014, 02:07:10 pm »

a) Why did you twig so hard at being FoS'd? You got super defensive super fast for what was one statement and a question.
b) Why did you question Jim's case when you say you had 'no real opinion' on it- why did you then FoS Jim for something you had no read on? Were you simply making yourself seen to be posting?
c) Why were you so quick to tell me I should be focusing on mastahcheese instead, and why do you continue to assert that I have no business scumhunting by focusing on you?

a) It took some detail to answer your first question thoroughly.
b) I questioned it because he seemed to be voting without a real reason. After he explained it, I could then form an opinion on it, but there was no way I could have done so before. You're thinking that I thought it was odd because I disagreed with the logic, but that's not actually what happened. I thought that it was slightly suspicious because it didn't make sense to me.
c) "Instead"? I used the word "simultaneously".

a) The one question I asked, that I had to keep badgering you to answer? That'd be the one you didn't answer in your reply.
b) Okay, that did take me a while to grasp. I don't get why it didn't make sense, but that's clearer and more reasonable than what I thought was going on there.
c)
Second, why are you directing a question about Mastahcheese's posting to me? Third, why are you asking only me these questions and not mastahcheese, who also had similar points?

You do mention him a bit, and you don't use the word simultaneously. It could conceivably be interpreted as 'ask both of us!' except with the addition of 'why me' it isn't.

Additionally:
Why did you ever think that un-FoSing wouldn't be viewed as the tamest scum play in the world?
If you really just thought that his initial post didn't make sense (and apparently still think it only makes sense with the addition of other explanatory posts) why go so far as 'un-FoSing' Jim. Isn't it still reasonable to view his supposedly non-understandable post as suspicious?

c)

3. Ok, you're scumhunting me. Why aren't you simultaneously scumhunting cheese, who you've said is also suspicious?

Additional stuff: Why would un-FOSing be viewed as scummy?
As for why I don't suspect Jim, it's because it obviously made sense to him (and later other people said that they also understood it). He explained it more clearly, and then I also understood it.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 11, 2014, 02:14:44 pm »

What. The. Hell.

Jack AT: They were the two sides I saw, and I did want to get Toaster questioned more, and mastah less. His objective seemed clear to me at the time. Not so much now.

mastahcheese:You just outted a noble, potentially one of the strongest characters of the town side, for this little gambit because of RVS questions? Also potentially killing the hammerer. Neither of the outcomes would have been beneficial to town. What the hell man?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 11, 2014, 02:16:27 pm »

TDS: What you said later doesn't override what you said then. But... eh. I'm tired of tunneling you. My suspicion has been noted, and the case against you is going nowhere fast- all I'm doing right now is giving you an excuse to not contribute by giving you stuff to reply to. Unvote TheDarkStar.
Just remember: I'm watching you.

Superblackcat: What makes you think that mastahcheese is a third party and not mafia- what kind of third party would do such a thing? Why have you so quickly abandoned your support of him?
I've played some mafia.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 11, 2014, 02:19:52 pm »

Good, it works.

I gave Jim the hammer because I can't appoint myself as hammerer, Jim's not a major target of suspicion (and thus safeish to give immunity to for today), and I can't see him overriding the lynch.

Superblackcat: So, now you vote Cheese?  For a reason that he doesn't seem to have been able to predict (the revelation of a noble)?  (Also, I'm really not that useful.  I have little idea what nobles can even do, and the power of nobles seems to be tied to the current theme {which is likely to change})

Cheeetar: I mandated links for a reason.  I know some people (Tiruin in particular) can't handle huge unresized pictures well.

TolyK/Wuba: Can Cheeetar edit his post to shift the pictures to just links?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 101