Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 101

Author Topic: KYOSN: Now with Archived QuickTopic links!  (Read 252214 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Day 1 (15/15) - Improvised Flashbang
« Reply #615 on: November 17, 2014, 06:16:12 pm »

Well geez guys, sorry for wanting to try and break the game and let everyone win.

Unvote.

So you extended the day to tell us that this was possible, but you don't have any details or any idea on how to proceed to make that happen.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: November 17, 2014, 06:36:00 pm »

Jim Groovester:
Well geez guys, sorry for wanting to try and break the game and let everyone win.

Unvote.

So you extended the day to tell us that this was possible, but you don't have any details or any idea on how to proceed to make that happen.
Okay, fine.  I assume that since I have a wincon of there being no Shakerags in the game (barring the player) then there would have to be a way to strip the Shakerag aspect of peoples' roles without killing them.  Or, at least, the game would be in a state such that they could win even while dead. 

I also assume that there is a way to use our abilities in such a way that we can all fulfill our wincons together, or have some way to modify wincons such that there is no wincon that can interfere with another. 

So, in the spirit of sharing and working together, I'll tell you about my role. 

My wincon triggers when no Shakerags are left (outside of the player Shakerag). 
I can't be lynched.  In fact, I have multiple abilities that prevent me from being killed in any way, shape, or form.
I lose if there are more Shakerags in the game than there are players.
I have a day ability that lets me gain 2 points of karma.  I have used it already today. 
I have a night ability that is basically a jailkeeper with the added effect of letting me send a message to my target via the mod.
I also technically qualify as a noble. 
I have a "goal" of finding out how to get everyone to win.
There are no mentions of "town" or "scum" or anything similar (outside of what was mentioned above) in any role information of mine.

So.  Now it's up to everyone else to decide what they want to do with that information.

And, technically, I don't even know if that mandate/extend thing really worked or not yet.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 17, 2014, 07:45:13 pm »

My wincon triggers when no Shakerags are left (outside of the player Shakerag). 
I can't be lynched.  In fact, I have multiple abilities that prevent me from being killed in any way, shape, or form.
I lose if there are more Shakerags in the game than there are players.
I have a day ability that lets me gain 2 points of karma.  I have used it already today. 
I have a night ability that is basically a jailkeeper with the added effect of letting me send a message to my target via the mod.
I also technically qualify as a noble. 
I have a "goal" of finding out how to get everyone to win.
There are no mentions of "town" or "scum" or anything similar (outside of what was mentioned above) in any role information of mine.
[bitchingandwhining]Why do you all get the interesting roles and I get stuck with boring old town with no new mechanics[/bitchingandwhining]
Actually, I take that back, I don't personally have any new mechanics but have access to them.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 17, 2014, 08:44:40 pm »

Shakerag: I'm giving you a cop ability. Please cop me if I'm still alive by the time you get it.

Mastahcheese: I'm sending you a role, too.

Full Claim

Primary Role: Shakerag Labs (CEO-Ally, yes I lied)
Research: Night action, lets me create a secondary role from whole cloth.
Scientific Progress: Three free uses of Research, can be used during day. All used up.
Sell Prototype: I send someone a secondary role that I have, and I get their vote for the rest of the day, or the next day if used at night. Also a night action!

Secondary Role (start the game with): The KYOSN Secondary Role that hides it’s wincondition and the seven passive abilities it is made of from it’s owner (Wincon censored)
All of the abilities have some form of <censored> for it's description. All of them are, of course, autos. And the ability names are:
Hidden
Passive
Its not It's
How to know what these abilities are
How to make everyone win
You asked for it
Why is this a two shot auto?: This one is a two shot. Dunno why.

Secondary: Role that allows additional uses of actions [2] (Wincon: Ask Jim)
Eternal Friend: Can't get rid of this genie, except "by death or paradox"
Yo, Dawg!: Every time I use a role ability (including a free action from genie), he comments on it!
Very Specific Wishes: Three free actions from anything. All used up.

Secondary: Role that allows additional uses of actions [3] (Wincon: Same as [2])
Not activated yet. I put on the T-Shirt

Secondary: Robin Williams (I miss him, RIP) (Wincon: Win in any other way OR "I have the last laugh", whatever that means)
Stand Up Comedy: Free action, this guy tells a joke.
Joke's on you: whenever a joke is told, Robin Williams gains part of a vote. Yes, the vote comes from me.
Best Supporting Role: Robin Williams votes on the best supporting role nominee. I have no clue what that means.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 17, 2014, 09:03:42 pm »

Flabort, why do you think Shakerag is the person we'd trust most with a cop ability, given his less than stellar performance so far? Why not give it to somebody more widely trusted?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 17, 2014, 09:08:56 pm »

Is inspection the only way to learn what the censored abilities are?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 17, 2014, 09:10:35 pm »

Flabort, why do you think Shakerag is the person we'd trust most with a cop ability, given his less than stellar performance so far? Why not give it to somebody more widely trusted?
Who would this widely trusted person be? Jim is the only person I can think of who I think is town.

TheDarkStar

Replacement Request, I'm being really inactive, and the fact this game is already 40 pages and D1 hasn't ended is really sapping my ability to trawl through the thread looking for stuff, in addition to school work and doing other fun stuff. I'll do my best to play until a replacement is found, but I just don't feel invested enough to play.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 17, 2014, 09:16:27 pm »

Interestingly, I was warned about paradox in the use of one of my abilities.  Too bad I can't use it now RIGHT MASTAHCHEESE?

Also, if extending doesn't work and we need more time, we could just no lynch.  I have it on good authority that there won't be a N1.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 17, 2014, 09:33:41 pm »

Toaster: What authority?

Persus13: Sorry to hear you're going. Please keep playing until a replacement is found. Somebody not being there really hampers the game. Regards widely trusted person: Yeah, probably Jim. Or at least somebody not as scummy as Shakerag.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 17, 2014, 09:36:08 pm »

Also, if extending doesn't work and we need more time, we could just no lynch.  I have it on good authority that there won't be a N1.

We'll get a lot more information if we lynch someone scummy. It also stops day action shenanigans.

Unvote. Vote TDS: You seem REALLY keen on getting mastah killed. And from my skimmation of the weekend's posts, you really didn't put too much effort in and took what everyone else said and repeated it. I don't like that.

I want Cheese to die because I see his action as very scummy. To me, he's scummier than flabort because while flabort has said some scummy things, cheese has done some scummy things.

but I don't really think scum mastahcheese would pull such a gambit. I doubt his scumbuddies would

This goes into WIFOM territory if you assume that he's on a team, but he could also be an SK or something similar.

TDS:
The reason I shot Toaster (or rather, made him shoot himself) was because I honestly didn't like his answers, they felt dodgy to me, in a way I can't really explain.
Yeah, I realize that I really should have waited for more evidence, but I guess I was just really wanting an excuse to use my power because it seemed hilarious to me.
Didn't realize I was lurking, though. The questions towards me kinda died down (or I'm an idiot who missed them) and I've been trying to read the other conversations going on at the time, and still going on.

You decided to cause the hammerer (who obviously had control of the vote) to shoot himself because you found it hilarious. I'm pretty sure that's not a town action; my vote stays right where it is.
Why does the fact that he shot the hammerer matter? Why is it scummy that someone wanted to use their power?

When I next post, I'll probably be voting for TDS or Toaster. Toster has done some stuff, that I find kind of odd (need to look deeper into him and Jack interacting), and TDS feels pretty scummy in his recent attacks on Mastahcheese.

1. The hammerer facilitates the vote and the vote is a main weapon of the town. Killing the hammerer blocks the vote (which can be fixed by appointing a new hammerer, but that wasn't known at the time), which is a very scummy thing to do - when would the town ever do this? As for using his power, he thought that it was a killing power and then used it because of an RVS response that he didn't like. Town vigilante-type roles shouldn't randomly fire early on.

Why are you so worried about me voting for cheese?

PPE: Sorry to hear that Persus.

Persus's Replacement: What's do you think of his reads?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 17, 2014, 09:43:04 pm »

Spoiler: MASSIVE FUCKING RANT (click to show/hide)
*pants*

I swear to God, though, I am THIS close to requesting replacement out of sheer frustration at the futility of playing this game.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 17, 2014, 09:48:37 pm »

Did the extend go through? I'll unvote and post more if it did b/c otherwise day ends at 3 AM when I won't be up.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 17, 2014, 10:04:25 pm »

We'll find out when TolyK gets online and tells us it's results.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 17, 2014, 10:28:23 pm »

4mask- please take a little break from the game. If you replace, you're making it less fun for all of us.
I've played some mafia.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 17, 2014, 10:29:44 pm »

Toaster: What authority?

Persus13: Sorry to hear you're going. Please keep playing until a replacement is found. Somebody not being there really hampers the game. Regards widely trusted person: Yeah, probably Jim. Or at least somebody not as scummy as Shakerag.
I'll do my best to keep playing, but most of my mafia attention will be in ICing Beginner's Mafia.

Spoiler: MASSIVE FUCKING RANT (click to show/hide)
*pants*

I swear to God, though, I am THIS close to requesting replacement out of sheer frustration at the futility of playing this game.
Hey, my role has an awful post restriction plus being relatively useless. You're are not the only one. Besides, roles are overrated anyway a lot of the time because shenanigans hurts them.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 101