Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101

Author Topic: KYOSN: Now with Archived QuickTopic links!  (Read 250027 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Post Mortem
« Reply #1485 on: October 13, 2015, 01:42:47 pm »

So, time to start unravelling this mess I'm sure nobody remembers clearly at all.

First off, the roles sheet.

ROLES:

Shakerag:
Definitely Not Shakerag
WINCON: No Shakerags are left (except, obviously, the player Shakerag).
(A) Unkillable - You can’t really die, since you’re not really supposed to be here.
(A/5-shot) Anyone But Shakerag: You may change your “name” to the name of any player in the game. Everything targeting them targets you, including votes. You may change your “name” to the original (Definitely Not Shakerag). While your “name” is Definitely Not Shakerag, votes on you count toward lynching you.
(A) Impossibility Frontier: If there are more Shakerags left in the game than there are players left, uh, the game breaks. Yeah. And you die. Yeah. Don’t let this happen, I guess?
(D) I’m not Shakerag: After using this ability, you may post “I’m not Shakerag!” in the thread. If you do, you gain +2 points of Karma.

The KYOSN Role that is Unkillable
WINCON: <none>
(A) Really Unkillable: You cannot be killed, maimed, burned to death, lynched, shot, killed, murdered, blown up, ionized, vaporized, shredded, or otherwise killed. Note that not all of these are possible, in-game.
(N) Too Unkillable For Me [t]: You go to the target and start harassing them, i.e. you may send them a message (via moderator). They will be protected and roleblocked this night.

Cheeetar
Fakerag
WINCON: You win when Shakerag wins.
(A) Fake: You look like Shakerag to everyone, but you aren’t actually Shakerag.
(A) The Real One: You are told who Shakerag is at the beginning of each day.
(N) Flare/Chaff/What Have You [t]: Actions targeting Target instead target you. This ability can’t be blocked.
(A) Rags to Riches: If Shakerag dies, you gain everyone’s secondary roles.

The Role That Makes You Lose Unless Your Username Is Cheeetar (In Which Case It Makes You Win)
WINCON: You win when the only players left are Cheeetar OR you win in any other way. This changes when given to other players.
(A) Cheeetar: Being clever enough to submit a Shakeragian role with your name in it to a Shakeragian game, you are told who Cheeetar is. Useful, huh?
(N) Now You Lose [t]: You give this ability away to Target. Have fun!

Vector
YOU ARE THE SHAKERAG
WINCON: Anti-Shakerag players are dead.
(A) You Are The Shakerag: You are the Shakerag. If you die, your killer gets this role.
(A) Roleflop: All players only partially flip, as well as being “Pro-Shakerag” or “Anti-Shakerag”. All players re-flip normally when you die.
(D) Fakerag [t]: Target player is publicly accused of being Shakerag. Votes on target count as double votes. Accusing, say, Shakerag of being Shakerag is funny, don’t you think?

Roman Concrete
(A) Mason Once, Mason for Life: If you have this role at any point, you are invited to Mason Chat.
(N,2) Fortify [t/self]: Target is granted a one-shot nightkill-immunity.
(N,1) Quick Dry [t/self]: Target is roleblocked and doesn’t join in the discussion the next day until someone targets him/her.

Toaster
Shakerag, Lord of Time and Space
WINCON: Anti-Shakerag players are dead.
(A) Queueueueue: You may queue actions for a specific time.
(D) Change Voting Scheme: You may choose between the following voting schemes (changes to these are publicly visible):
Normal
Shakerag: Don’t do it.
Secret Ballot: Who we vote, nobody knows!
Duel: Two enter in a battle of your choosing
Negative Voting: 1 positive, 1 negative
Ranked voting: 3, 2, 1 votes
(4-shot) Need No Time Machine [t]: Non-investigative actions that Target takes this phase occur 2 phases before. Investigative actions occur 2 phases in the future.
(4-shot) Celestial Mechanics: Choose one: Next day phase is skipped, next night phase is skipped, or this day phase is instantly shortened (all actions and votes sent after this action aren’t counted, but posts made before the day-end post stay).

The Role that Makes the Game Play More Like Dwarf Fortress Than Mafia
WINCON: The Fortress is overrun OR you win in any other way.
(A) Too Much Bastard Mod: This role disappears 2 phases after you get it.
(A) Dwarf Fortress Justice: Instead of voting who to lynch, players vote who to hammer. The Hammerer may then choose which hammer to use: silver (kill), wooden (maim), or adamantine (mercy).
(A) Hammerer: You are appointed Hammerer.
(A) Mandates: Royalty may appoint mandates.
(A) Fortress Mode: There are only Day phases while this role is active.
(A) Moderator Types Ability Name: While this role is active, everyone is publicly aware who targeted who (but not with what).

GayArchae
CEO of the Shakerag Corporation
WINCON: Town (All anti-town factions are eliminated) AND The FBI agent is eliminated before he/she wins.
(A) Not Corrupt At All [t]: Target player’s vote doesn’t count. Your vote counts as double.
(N) Corporate Buyout [t]: Steal a secondary role from Target.

Bean Counter
(A) Many Hired Underlings: You may use this role’s actions for free along with your main actions.
(N) Stock Check [t]: You see how many secondary roles Target has.
(N) Compound Interest [t]: You see if Target has a compounded (containing ANDs or ORs) wincon or not.

Flabort
Shakerag Labs
WINCON: CEO-ally (the CEO wins).
(A,3-shot) Scientific Progress: You may use “Research” for free.
(N) Research [role name]: You get a secondary role called “role name”. Don’t be too specific, though!
(N) Sell Prototype [secondary item, target]: You give the secondary item to target player, receiving (one of) their vote(s) in return for a day.

The KYOSN Secondary Role that hides it’s [sic] wincondition and the seven passive abilities it is made of from it’s [sic] owner
WINCON: <censored>
(A) Hidden: <confidential>
(A) Passive: <top-secret>
(A) Its not it’s: <you know nothing>
(A) How To Know What These Abilities Are: <nope>
(A) How To Make Everyone Win: <you didn’t see this>
(A) You asked for it: <zzzzzzzzinga!>
(A,2) Why’s This a Two-shot Auto?: <hahaha>

Flabort’s hidden roles:
 -   (A) Hidden: These roles are hidden from you and investigators until roleflip.
 -   (A) Passive: You can't really do anything with this role.
 -   (A) Its not it’s: Just a spelling mistake. SIC.
 -   (A) How To Know What These Abilities Are: Get investigated twice.
 -   (A) How To Make Everyone Win: You may ask the mod how to make everyone win for a tip.
 -   (A) You asked for it: See previous. Free tip is "Shakerag must die".
 -   (A,2) Why’s This a Two-shot Auto?: Whenever you are investigated, these abilities remain censored as long as you still have a "shot". After being investigated twice, your role

4maskwolf
The Shakerag, the Shakerag, and For a Few Handfuls of Shakerag More
WINCON: Town (all anti-town roles eliminated) AND <other wincon>
(N) Duel [t1, t2]: You duel the two other players, killing Target 1 and protecting Target 2
(A) 3 films: You get 3 lives.
(A) 3 characters: You get 3 votes, which you may use individually. These will show on the board.

Registered Observer
(A) Registered: Your name is added to the Registered Observers list. All players who were Registered Observers get access to Observer Chat.
(D) Vote Observer [t/self]: You are told the number of votes Target actually has.
(N) Action Observer [t/self]: You are told who Target targeted.

Persus13
Shake ‘N’ Bakerag
WINCON: Town (all anti-town roles are eliminated)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shake_%27n_Bake
(N) Breadcrumb [t] - You learn a part of target’s role. They get breadcrumb’d.
(N, 1 or 2) Cooking with Shakerag - Every person that’s breadcrumb’d is BAKED. ALIVE. (Or dead, I guess). All their secondary roles disappear as well.

Org
WINCON: You are unanimously declared useless OR you win in any other way.
(A) Useless: You may not double post, vote with a reason stated in the same post, or say that you are scumhunting. (This will be mildly enforced, but please try not to do it, okay?)
(A) Penguin Avatar: Anyone else who has a penguin avatar or penguins in their signatures protects you when actioning you.

Jim Groovester
Agent Shakerag, FBI
WINCON: Town (all anti-town roles are eliminated) OR Anti-anti-Shakerag (all anti-Shakerag roles are eliminated)
(N) Sting Operation [t1, … tn]: Bring all targets together in one spot. If they are all the same alignment, they die.
(N) Recon [t]: Investigates Target’s role, but reveals your role name to Target.

Ultra Street Fighter IV
(A) 1337 skillz: Actions have a 5.1% chance of failing against you.
(A) Punish: If an player’s action fails against you, they get punched back.
(N) Finish [t]: If Target has been punched, they are killed.

Mastahcheese
The One and Only Shakerag
WINCON: You are the only Shakerag left.
(A) Highlander-style: You can’t action or be actioned by non-Shakerags.
(N) Duel [t]: You battle Target. If they have at least one secondary role, you take one of them. Otherwise, they die.
(N) Befriend [t]: Target is told you are loyal to his/her cause. You may give them a secondary role of yours.
(1-Shot) There Can Only Be One [t1]: Kill the target. If the target is the last remaining Shakerag (other than you), kill all other players (other than you) as well.

The KYOSN role that grants everyone a one-shot daykill, that are secretly self-targeting daykills.
(D) Grant Pistol [t]: Target is granted a gun. That shoots backwards. They don’t know the second part, however.
(D) Grant Panic Button [t]: Target is granted a Panic Button™. That blows up. They don’t know the second part, however.
(D/1/Free) Grant Secret Mechanism [t/self]: Target is granted a Secret Mechanism that is more or less guaranteed (to them as well) to not be malicious.

TheDarkStar
The Order of Shakerag
WINCON: ( Cult is the only faction left alive ) XOR ( all other Shakerags are dead AND you are alive)
(A) Chat away: You have access to Cult chat.
(N,2-shot) Convert [t]: If Target is a Shakerag, Target’s alignment becomes “Cult” and their wincons get “AND Cult is the only faction left alive” added to the end. If Target is not a Shakerag and you already have a cult member, target is notified that you are the Cult leader but Convert is not wasted. Cult members are added to Cult chat.
(N,2-shot) Save Yer Skin [self]: You hide, protecting you from hostile actions sent your way.

Velociraptor
WINCON: The Velociraptor has its own wincon, but yours isn’t modified.
(A) Eternally Hungry: Your Velociraptor likes to eat, people included. Unless specified otherwise, your Velociraptor will try to eat a random person each night.
(4-shot, Free) Feed: Your Velociraptor doesn’t want to kill anyone this phase anymore.
(N) BACON [t]: You throw bacon into Target’s house, quadrupling their chances of being targeted this night.

Jack A T
Shakerag III, The High and Mighty
WINCON: Mafia (all anti-Mafia players are dead)
(D) Vote for Mr. King: Instead of voting for who to lynch, the voting is set on who to make King (or President) next day. This is publicly announced.
(A) Royalty: You may vote twice (your most recent vote stays on target). [this means they are able to double-hammer!]

The Honourable Sir Willy of Schlang, Member of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada and convicted interferer with boundary lines, in the middle of reading “Off and Running”. (Sheesh)
WINCON: <none, eh?>
(A) Sir: You're a gentleman. This allows (doesn’t allow) you to use Mafiakill abilities, despite not being (not) nefarious. {currently, this means you can’t use mafiakill abilities}
(A) Council Member: You may send messages (via mod) to the current King or President, if applicable.
(N, Free) Interfere with Boundary Lines [t]: Target is notified that you targeted them. Also, their home’s area shrinks by a few square meters.
(A, 1) Off and Running: If you were to be lynched or otherwise voted off, you may post “BUT POLITICS, MY FRIENDS!”, which will pardon you and use this ability up.

Tiruin
Dr. Shakerag, or How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the Role
(D) President Muffin: If you become King/President, you may create a “war room” committee consisting of you and up to 2 other non-Mafia players.
(D) "Mein Shakerag! I can fly!": You may post this action’s name. You may additionally post “<playername>, are you MAD?”. If <playername> is in a “war room”, the Co-balt Thor-ium Gee-whiz activates.
(N,2) Shelters in the Mines [t]: You build a fallout shelter for target.
(A, Inactive) Co-balt Thor-ium Gee-whiz (a.k.a. Soviet Doomsday Device): If you are alive for 4 phases after ability activates, everyone not in a “war room” or “shelter” dies.

Joan of Arc’s Shield
(A) Frontal Block: If you !none during the night, you cannot be killed.
(A) Blast from the Past: You are protected from witches, time travellers, Doctors, mummies, aliens and cyborgs. Or rather, their specific abilities.

SuperBlackCat
Dr. Shake and Mr. Rag
(A) The Beginning: You start as Dr. Shake
(N, 5) Elixer - Change form to the other of:
Dr. Shake
(A) Respected: You investigate as Town
(A) Conscience: You may not perform any kill, including Mafia kills, unless overridden by a different role.
(N) Doctor [t]: You heal and/or cure target
Mr. Rag
(A) Embodiment of Hatred: You look evil, man. Really evil. And everyone knows it, too.
(A) Hidden from Public: You can’t vote. They can’t really find you to lynch you, though. (Hint: this means you are only night-actionable)
(MK) Dismember of Parliament [t]: Target is killed, as well as any King or President for the next day.

The KYOSN role that almost kills
(A, add-on) Almost Kills: Use with kill action. Instead of performing said kill, you cripple your target. This means that they can’t action for a period of time (yes, you don’t know how long) and can only vote/talk.
(A) Almonds: Don’t ask why you have almonds on a killing role. Trust me, they give you +1 karma every day you don’t kill.

Varee
The Real Slim Shakerag
WINCON: Mafia-Ally (you win when the Mafia wins)
These chicks don’t even know the name of his band, but he doesn’t know the name of his band members.
(D) Please Stand Up [target xN]: If only the remaining Mafia are selected, you becomes Mafia. Otherwise, you gets number of Shakerags and number of Mafia.
(A) Mafiaenmafia: If all members of the mafia die, you becomes Mafia.

Registered Observer
(A) Registered: Your name is added to the Registered Observers list. All players who were Registered Observers get access to Observer Chat.
(D) Vote Observer [t/self]: You are told the number of votes Target actually has.
(N) Action Observer [t/self]: You are told who Target targeted.

My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Post Mortem.
« Reply #1486 on: October 13, 2015, 01:46:56 pm »

Bloopers, excerpt 1:
Quote from: Design Doc
Web’s idea:
Give everyone several ridiculous abilities with names that are Shakeragian
Give players a similarly ridiculous wincondition
Give the players a way to win if every wincondition is achieved
Laugh as the slightest oversight or screw-up perpetuates a downward spiral of deceit and destruction
Example: Role is Shakerag the Easter Bunny. Has (Auto) The Egg That Breaks If Anyone Actions You: If anyone actions you between now and Night 2, your eggs break, because you placed all of your eggs into one basket.
Day 3 comes around and the eggs hatch into something both needed for someone else’s wincondition and yet detrimental to everyone else.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: October 13, 2015, 01:56:23 pm »

I wanted to post an action list here, but it will take a while to parse along with PM's, so I'm leaving this here.
Google Sheet for half-commented action list.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: October 13, 2015, 02:14:47 pm »

So what was the deal with the Karma?

And what was Shakerag voting style?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: October 13, 2015, 02:23:23 pm »

I'm so confused!

Also +1 to Shakerag Voting
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: October 13, 2015, 03:22:16 pm »

As far as I remember, Karma was basically a red herring that only showed up when calculating luck-based things and bad mod practices (i.e. likelihood of me giving out free bits of info about the game setup).

Shakerag voting... *looks up design doc* ...
Wuba: All votes are for Shakerags. If you vote for a Shakerag role, you can lynch that role. That's hidden.
TolyK/Nowan: Obviously, this will be used during this game. :p
I'm pretty sure this was one of the ways Shakerag could've died.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: October 13, 2015, 03:23:10 pm »

Bloopers, excerpt 2:
TolyK/Nowan:
More role ideas:

Player gets notified at the beginning or end of every phase: “You know who Shakerag is”. Meanwhile, Shakerag has an auto that lets his apparent role name be whatever he sets it to, including other players (by default). Thus Shakerag can be “Playername”, and we’ll be bastards without actually lying...
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: October 13, 2015, 06:54:41 pm »

So, what was with the velociraptor?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: October 13, 2015, 06:56:37 pm »

Did I get the last laugh at all?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: October 13, 2015, 08:13:04 pm »

I still don't get it.

I never will get it.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: October 14, 2015, 01:01:10 am »

Morning post.
I don't remember the raptor's initial wincon (something like "eat 3 people") but it gained Vector's wincon when it ate her. And it did eat the people, and I think it was one of the ways Shakerag could've died. You'd have ended up with more Shakerags than players if a few others had died.
Flabort, the genies were increasing amounts of "don't wish for more wishes", which you basically ignored. :p
Robin died with you, so no, you didn't, AFAIR.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: October 19, 2015, 07:53:49 am »

Alright, definite things:
Flabort died (D1).
SBC died (D2).
Mastahcheese died (D2 lynch).
Toaster got paradox-ified (N2).
Jim got eaten (D3), Genies escaped and won.
Vector and Tiruin died (N3), Raptor ate Vector and became a Shakerag.
D4 - no lynch, N4 skipped because of Toaster.
ZU lynched D5.
Caz and 4mask killed N5.
Cheeetar lynched D6.
Nothing N6.
Shakerag implodes on D7. Somehow Vector and Jim win (will look into it just now). ZU also wins, I guess.
Velociraptor lynched and wins D7.
Toaster semi-killed N7.
Toaster semi-shoots Varee D8.
Varee elected King D8.
Toaster 3/4 killed N8, Varee doubled.
Toaster shoots Jack and semi-cripples him D9.
TDS lynched D9 (twice).
Apparently N9 Toaster and Jack died.

So:
Winners: Vector, Jim, ZU, Shakerag, Cheeetar.
90% sure also winners: Jack + Tiruin + SBC + Varee, Toaster.
Losers: TDS, Mastahcheese, 4mask, Flabort, Persus.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Post Mortem. Mafia, Anti-Anti-Shakerags, Shakerag and allies win!
« Reply #1497 on: October 19, 2015, 08:00:06 am »

Some amusing quotes from rereading... Yes, I reread the whole damn thing, it took a while but was actually fairly amusing...

Good job, Mastahcheese.  You successfully rattled me.  My jimmies are thoroughly rustled.

I guess I should have said "This isn't the gambit you're looking for"

Jim stabs flabort in the face and nobody bats an eye.
But you trick one guy into shooting himself and everyone loses their fucking minds. [/reference]

This game is awesome!

Does anyone want a backwards firing gun or an explosive panic button?

50% off, limited time only.

Hmm...
No visible effects and no pm from TolyK.
Okay then.
SBC: did what I actioned you with do anything to you?
4mask, TolyK has not yet informed me of an action yet.
4mask, Actually he just did, damn messages. Thanks for targeting me with a nuke.
Oh so that's what that does...

I am rather positive the Jim will murderstomp me, so I shall "Bah"
You're damn straight.

STOP

(Silver) HAMMERTIME
CAN'T TOUCH TH*Splat*

At this point?  TolyK.

Did I mention I'm pretty much a time lord?  Because I'm pretty much a time lord.

4 more votes to shorten day.

Shakerag has started glowing.
What the fuck, I'm glowing.

So I made you a mafia with you as a mafia player based on you as a mafia player!

(Pssst - Don't Click This)
If I had only known then what I know now ...
It actually was a bastard mod, but a bastard mod would advertise it as a semi-bastard just to be a bastard.

Can someone explain the end of the game?
We're currently waiting for TolyK himself to figure out what happened.
An explanation of the middle and the beginning would be nice, too.
As far as I know, everyone stumbled around aimlessly, dealing with whatever new nonsense we had to deal with (genies, fake nuke buttons, reverse guns, DF mode, mandates, a velociraptor, etc.) until my dead partner Tiruin told me that TolyK had told Jim in the deadchat how everyone could win, and that Shakerag had to die.  Then we made Shakerag die, something that could only happen because a velociraptor became a Shakerag by eating Vector.  Then the cult and the mafia, the latter now suddenly including Varee, spent a while trying to kill each other's endless copies.  Then something happened, and I probably won.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 08:29:06 am by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Day 2 (14/15) (1 replacement) - Royalty has Arrived!
« Reply #1498 on: October 19, 2015, 08:09:36 am »

4mask, Actually he just did, damn messages. Thanks for targeting me with a nuke.
Heh...  I forgot about that...  Oh man that nuke scare was hilarious.

I think my next post makes it even better.
Oh so that's what that does...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 08:11:28 am by 4maskwolf »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Post Mortem. Mafia, Anti-Anti-Shakerags, Shakerag and allies win!
« Reply #1499 on: October 19, 2015, 08:16:11 am »

90% yay!  10% confusion!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101