Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Show of Hands, who still wants updates for DFTerm?

Please continue; But in a new Thread to make it easier for new people
- 4 (40%)
Please continue; Necro`ing The original thread is fine with me
- 2 (20%)
Meh, I don't know what this is.
- 3 (30%)
No stop; That was a passing fad, I have no use for remote access to 32bit DF versions
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: June 11, 2018, 04:33:44 pm

Author Topic: Continue Updating DFTerm 2.16 Config codes?  (Read 2136 times)

Gashcozokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Continue Updating DFTerm 2.16 Config codes?
« on: March 13, 2018, 04:33:44 pm »

The DFTerm project is years and years old at this point. It is something not currently under new development or maintenance, but fortunately due to the amazingness of its creator Adeon until the game undergoes some fundamental restructuring or stops releasing 32-bit builds, it should continue to function just fine as long as you add the new address offsets for new versions. I personally Love DFTerm, and even when playing locally at home frequently do it through the Client. At some point a 64-bit version should come along. I don't know if it will be me, or another programmer who gets to it first.

It has a couple of key commands that need re-binding to work (with Putty at least). But beyond that, pretty much everything else except graphical tilesets works. and to that extent there is a Mayday.ttf file that is pretty good, I can post my version that I added roots to.

So let me know guys, I just wanted to get a feel to see if there is enough demand from players to keep this going and clean up the thread, or if I should just let it go.

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Continue Updating DFTerm 2.16 Config codes?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 02:25:28 pm »

I have used it before, and would use it again if I was in a situation stuck somewhere with a slow laptop with an internet connection.

I used to ride around in a truck for work and tried to set it up on my android phone, But the crappy bluetooth keyboard I bought was crappy(go figure)  and it was rough so I didn't ever play it.

I like the idea that its there if I ever need it, but that not reason enough alone to tell you I think you should spend your time doing it. The working through different versions is a really cool part of DFterm though, so your work would last a while and would be appreciated.  By a tiny amount of players for of an already small niche game. But it would be appreciated. Maybe by 8 people ever, maybe 40, who knows.

Gashcozokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Continue Updating DFTerm 2.16 Config codes?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 07:07:08 pm »

By a tiny amount of players for of an already small niche game. But it would be appreciated. Maybe by 8 people ever, maybe 40, who knows.

Heh, many are dormant for sure, but this Forum has 51,000+ Registered Users. With any game not every player will create a forum account, so I am sure the player base is much larger, so there must be at least 50 people still using DFterm  ;D
I am glad you posted. All I really wanted was to see if there was anyone else beside me who still cared. I can keep my own list up to date no problem, I just wanted to know there were other people who also still used the Remote Server.
I just thought of it, I should PM zkline so that he is aware it is still available. He has been trying to play Blind and using DFTerm to interface with a screen reader.