Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: what animal or creature do you fear or hate the most in dwarf fortress?  (Read 6128 times)

buuface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: what animal or creature do you fear or hate the most in dwarf fortress?
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2018, 02:06:58 am »

Dogs fear Draltha the most

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2018, 03:08:16 am »

A flying steel titan with deadly dust and a nasty syndrome effect.

Don't forget to make it spider-shaped, for the bonus webbing abilities!
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2018, 11:18:15 am »

I hate magma crabs. They seem disproportionately attracted to any hole in the ground I'm using for magma access. Yeah, you can set up a safe magma reservoir, but that setup takes time.

What do I fear? Probably FBs, given the elaborate architecture I create to avoid having a dwarf ever see a live one. My latest wheeze is one of those ceiling-penetrating minecart setups. A cave-in is fine, but it needs to be rebuilt every time and transporting the corpse is annoying for reasons.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 2 [3]