Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Help with creature design

(1/4) > >>

Thuellai:
Hey guys, wondering a couple things I could use help on in developing new creatures for the MHU mod.

1.  How do I apply a template to only one part of a creature?  I'm working on a creature with armored fore-arms, and I want to represent this by giving its lower arms the SHELL template, like an armadillo uses for its shell.
2.  What's the appropriate RELSIZE tag to give a quadruped claws that are double the normal size?  Part of the same critter.  Likewise, if I want bunny-esque ears, that would be a matter of simply giving its ears a bigger RELSIZE tag on the creature level, right?

StagnantSoul:
Someone please show him how to do that shell arm thing. Maybe show him how to give it shell bones too... For no reason.

Putnam:
1. Basically, make a new body detail plan. Really basically. I'm not quite good enough at those to explain them to a beginner (they don't come up often...)
2. Double the normal size. Larger RELSIZE gives you bunny ears, yes.

Thuellai:

--- Quote from: Putnam on October 29, 2014, 12:12:11 am ---1. Basically, make a new body detail plan. Really basically. I'm not quite good enough at those to explain them to a beginner (they don't come up often...)
2. Double the normal size. Larger RELSIZE gives you bunny ears, yes.

--- End quote ---
Problem is, the relsize for claws isn't listed in the QUADRUPED_NECK body-plan, unless I'm missing something.  It has normal-sized paws with long, knife-like claws, which I'm trying to replicate.

Bogus:
just putting something like

[RELSIZE:BY_CATEGORY:CLAW:300]

into the creature file would work?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version