Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Strange Mood  (Read 1277 times)

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Strange Mood
« on: October 29, 2014, 06:20:52 pm »

A mason has gone into a secretive mood, and is asking for bone, wood, stone and cloth. He wouldn't go and get any of it. Now, he is thirsty, and the cloth is caravan-bought, but would that affect it?
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Mood
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 06:21:39 pm »

No.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 06:40:12 pm »

he probably is looking for a particular kind of ingredient, you might want to check his preferences for what kinds of stone, wood, etc he likes.

Ives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 06:55:05 pm »

A mason has gone into a secretive mood, and is asking for bone, wood, stone and cloth. He wouldn't go and get any of it. Now, he is thirsty, and the cloth is caravan-bought, but would that affect it?

Moody dwarves seem to sustain themselves on raw enthusiasm and never die of hunger or thirst. If he's not collecting anything, he probably wants a different item subtype than what you have available, - make sure you have all 3 cloth types on hand, silk, wool and plant.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 04:55:16 am »

If you have dfhack you can can type showmood and it will tell you exactly what he wants and how much of it and what type of workshop hes after. Be aware that he might very well ask for a type of stone or wood that you dont have any access to, sometimes things you cant even trade for such as shells.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 06:27:09 am »

Is your mason assigned to a burrow? If he is, and his claimed workshop is inside that burrow, and that burrow does not contain any stone, then that would certainly explain why he isn't collecting anything - being a mason, he should be collecting the stone first.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 07:19:24 am »

He probably wants a particular kind of cloth: it could be silk, plant fiber, or yarn-based.  If the caravan's still there they usually have plenty of all three.

Just be grateful he didn't ask for shells.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 02:48:13 pm »

Doh! Of course, different types of cloth!
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"