Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24

Author Topic: ChronoMouse  (Read 14837 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
ChronoMouse
« on: October 29, 2014, 11:01:57 pm »

Welcome to ChronoMouse, the time-travelling, interdimensional game of Cat and Mouse!

This 1-Player RTD is about time/dimensional-travelling. It will use a d100 instead of the usual d6. You will be playing as a man with a wrist-worn time/dimension travel machine, on the run from many, many people who want you dead. The point is to try and survive until you get saved, something that has a very small chance of happening each time you travel between dimensions. What I mean is: Every time you travel, I roll up some random place. There is an extremely small chance that you will - in fact - get to the place you want and win. If you want to join, just say so below. No standardized character sheet needed. On the other hand, you can give as much information as you want on the guy (or girl) you are playing, and as long as it isn't really.. absurd.. I'll happily accept it. (Note: You won't get any bonuses to your roles because of your background, though you might possess knowledge a "basic" character would not)

Here is how the ChronoMouse (your time/dimension machine) works: When you choose to go to a new place, say some random, three-digit number, and that dimension will be "assigned" that number. Then I will roll a bunch of dice to decide what place it is. From then on, whenever you choose to change dimensions again, you can instead choose to go to that dimension instead by punching in its number (that means that you will not have that chance of winning on that "jump" since you are going to a previsited location). The time-traveling aspect is a little different, and much easier, to use. You type in the time you want to go to, and it will send you there then (plus or minus a few seconds - or minutes if you're really unlucky). Every time you use the ChronoMouse's dimension traveling capabilities, you will be unable to travel through dimensions for 30-60 minutes (you can still travel through time). After that period, though, you will still have to expose the ChronoMouse to sunlight so that it can be used again. When you travel through time, you will have to wait an equal time to that you have traveled divided by 2 (ex: You travel 5 minutes into the past or future, and you will have to wait 2 minutes and 30 seconds before you time-travel again). Your "time-travel" cooldown will in no way affect your dimension-traveling ( and visa versa). Your ChronoMouse also acts as a world clock, telling you the time, date, and year to which you travel. There is also a little readout which will tell you how much time you have remaining until you can time-travel or dimension-travel. Your Chronomouse is bound to you and cannot be taken from you unless you are dead. There are other functions yet to be discovered.

Now to the rules: I will not have a waitlist, as I do not believe that by the time it gets to a person, he will be interested (it will take a while). Also, please post often. If you are going to be unable to post for a while, please tell me in advance, and I will wait until you return.

That's all I have to say. Just dive in and prepare to have fun!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 07:33:04 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: ChronoMouse
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 11:31:26 pm »

I love multi dimensions

In

Oh yeah, character: Ill just use Jenkins, mild mannered business manager.

I should really get back to that someday
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 11:40:40 pm by TamerVirus »
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 09:01:42 am »

You remember... running. Running for your life. You punched in the first number you could think of. Welcome to 000, buddy.

You find yourself in a forest, beside a tree. When you look at it, you realize it is actually 3 different trees winding upwards like thick rope. Past the tree you hear laughing cheering and the sound of music. It is night, but there is light coming from the place past the tree.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 09:04:47 am »

head towards the light and the noise

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 11:53:48 am »

You round the tree and see quite an unexpected sight. In a large clearing, humanoid beings are sitting on stumps surrounding 10 large tables. On each of the 10 tables are 4 humanoids, doing what looks like playing some strange musical instruments. The instruments seem to be perfectly fashioned out of natural material, and bear an uncanny resemblance to lyres. All in all, there are probably 400 of these beings watching the performance. Many of them are not sitting down, and some seem to be dancing to the rhythm of the music and the flashing of the lights strung from the evenly spaced trees in the clearing. The scene is beautiful, but you know that you should go. You don't know when your pursuers might arrive.
Money!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 12:35:53 pm »

examine ChronoMouse

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 05:19:30 pm »

It bears a striking resemblance to a wrist watch, but bigger and with a touch screen. You hear calls me surprise from the tables. A few me them have noticed you!
Money!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 10:54:03 am »

Grab a lyre from someone and start playing

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 11:33:26 am »

Grab a lyre from someone and start playing
DO IT, YES!
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 06:46:56 pm »

I thought it was one player?
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 06:49:45 pm »

You approach the tables, while the forest folk standing still, curious and apprehensive at the same time. At the tables, you hold out your hand and gesture to the lyres, but they are unwilling to give up their instruments.                                                                 PS You have another 55 minutes until you can dimension-travel again.
Money!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 08:21:18 pm »

Do rapid hand gestures to convey that my livelihood depends on getting a lyre

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 08:32:31 pm »

((I don't think you're taking this too seriously, but sure))

[31] The musicians back away from you and one sets his lyre carefully in front of you. He opens his mouth and your ChronoMouse buzzes while he says, in perfect English, "Take the instrument, but please don't hurt us." You think they might have misunderstood your meaning.
Money!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2014, 05:40:42 am »

Try to convey that I come in peace

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2014, 08:49:08 am »

[72 - 10] You think you calm them down a little. Your Chronomouse lets out a light buzz as one says to another, "Can he... understand us?" Suddenly you feel a change in the air, a sort of static whine. The others also seem to feel it, and start backing away from the side of the forest from which you came. Your Chronowatch's display has the words, "Unknown device detected. Impact imminent."
Money!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24