Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24

Author Topic: ChronoMouse  (Read 14798 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: ChronoMouse
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2014, 12:14:10 pm »

Start running! Running away!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2014, 02:24:34 pm »

[09] You run like the wind, out of the clearing and into the thickets. When you make it through - though - you find yourself in a thick swamp, with murky sludge up to your knees. Behind you, you hear a crackle and a gust of wind. After a brief pause, you hear a hysterical voice in the air. "I can see you Jenkins!" You find it slightly amusing that it the voice of your business partner, Nale.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2014, 04:18:03 pm »

Nale? From Accounting? What are you doing here?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2014, 04:53:38 pm »

"Accounting?! Is that all that I an to you now?" he yells hysterically, "Am I nobody now? We were PARTNERS, Jenkins. PARTNERS! You're just throw me away for some minor dispute?"

Then you remember what happened: You and Nale were cofounders of Charon, a company working secretly on devices that could move between dimensions. One day when your company had an especially great breakthrough, you and him had a... disagreement. He believed that he should give the technology to the government. You of course knew the consequences. He the government found out, they would not only seize the equipment, but do things so terrible with it, it would be unthinkable. He was unconvinced. So that night you stole the most expensive piece of equipment - the ChronoMouse - and ran for it.

You snap out of your memories to see that he is now much closer and waving a gun around. Crap.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 07:01:52 pm by Tomasque »
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2014, 05:02:57 pm »

How the heck did you follow me here? You can't have the Mouse, Nate! The government can't have this Mouse! Everything will go to waste!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2014, 06:56:32 pm »

"You're not the only one with access to the lab, Jenkins," he says as he holds up his own wrist anchored device. You see it is a early prototype nicknamed the "Hitchhiker." It was unable to travel through dimensions like it was supposed to, but could follow "rifts" created by other devices in their wake. It was pretty damn useless until now.

"Now hand over the ChronoMouse, Jenkins. That's not a question, it's an order."
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 07:12:18 pm by Tomasque »
Money!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2014, 07:03:34 pm »

This dimension...has horrible creatures. GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

Point behind Nale while feigning a horrified look on my face. Deck him with the Lyre if he's distracted

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2014, 07:19:33 pm »

[85] He spins around, gun in hand, toward the direction you pointed. You leap out of the mud [38] but he's too fast. He turns at you with the gun and fires a shot over your right shoulder. "That was a warning shot," he threatens.

((I'll be on all the way until midnight California time, so if you stay on we can churn out like 4-5 pages until I need to sleep...))
Money!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2014, 07:29:31 pm »

So tell me, what are you gonna do if I just hand this over?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2014, 07:37:10 pm »

"We'll just all go back where we started and forget anything happened, and then we'll hand it over into safer hands who clearly know what they're doing," he says, "so get up and follow me."
Money!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2014, 07:54:00 pm »

Check the recharge time on the Chronomouse

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2014, 07:56:54 pm »

You glance down. 51 minutes remaining until you can dimension travel, but you notice that the time travel is not currently in cooldown ((forgot about it?)). "Well," says Nale, "what will it be?"
Money!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2014, 07:58:35 pm »

Time travel back to when I just got the Lyre

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2014, 08:06:43 pm »

You quickly punch in the time, and slam your hand down hard on the button. [60-5 vs 23] Before Nale can even react, you're gone.

After a brief flash of light, you see the thick bushes that you trampled through now undisturbed, too dense to look through. Suddenly your ChronoMouse lets out a buzz and you hear from the clearing, "Where.. where did he go?" You recognize it to be that of the beings.
Money!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2014, 08:43:23 pm »

Stealthliy take a look
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24