Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [Unofficial Download] LCS Release r855  (Read 19058 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
[Unofficial Download] LCS Release r855
« on: October 30, 2014, 09:29:18 am »

So, since I learned there's a compiled exe in the source code files, I went through the fuuuuuun of downloading every single file in the art folder separately, since TortoiseGit does not like me, so to spare you guys the same hassle, here's the rar archive with all the things you need to run the game.

Here's the link.
Zip version as requested.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 02:00:34 pm by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Uristsonsonson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS Release r855 - DOWNLOAD
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 03:35:15 pm »

Just downloaded. This is exactly what I was looking for. Words do not describe the awesome contained within. :D

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 03:44:13 am »

bc a a aaabb d

this is gold

* LordSlowpoke drums the fuck into the horizon

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 11:19:10 pm »

This is beautiful. Perhaps someone could contribute a changelog? That would be amazing.  :D

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 11:12:59 am »

This is beautiful. Perhaps someone could contribute a changelog? That would be amazing.  :D

Off the top of my head, compared to the last official release:

- Music!
- Stalinist Comrade Squad
- Skill Grind reduction/boost for some skills
- Stealth stabbing nerf? I noticed high-end Conservatives such as Agents or Secret Service may now notice your backstab and evade it, but it might've been in National LCS release
- Liberal Hacker Squad playstyle made less easymode
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 11:20:54 am »

Anyone know how to active the SCS and what they do?

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 08:30:36 pm »

The SCS is not presently fully implemented. Right now it's just a slow drift of public opinion toward Stalinism if you set the game appropriately.

The plan is that they will be another organization that you have to deal with, kinda like the CCS. The problem, however, lies in the conceptual challenge of how to make them different enough from the CCS that the SCS is not just another CCS, and yet simple enough for a player to fairly easily understand, just as the CCS itself is fairly simple (i.e. they do only a fraction of the things that the LCS can do). So far, no good consensus has been arrived at by the people programming the SCS, and as a result they are in an unfinished state.

When I get around to it, I have some ideas that will probably work, but I've got a lot else on my plate first.

arkhometha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 08:25:34 am »

Thanks a lot for this!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 11:51:01 am »

In my last game (I think it might also be my first 885 game) noone ever gained any crimes. I tried breaking an entering, theft, assault. Unlawful burial worked though,
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 05:47:46 pm »

You are a saint. One thing I noticed is that police don't seem to raid safe houses given up by traitors.

Crinkles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 09:11:47 pm »

I seem to have encountered a bug... there's an up stair from the second floor to the third floor of the prison, but it puts you inside of a wall. You can move to normal floor space from there, but you can't go back--and there's no down stair anywhere on the third floor. Basically, you can get up to death row but not leave, so not only do prison breaks not work but your infiltrator is stuck.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 07:14:03 am »

Basically, you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave
FTFY.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 09:57:31 am »

I seem to have encountered a bug... there's an up stair from the second floor to the third floor of the prison, but it puts you inside of a wall. You can move to normal floor space from there, but you can't go back--and there's no down stair anywhere on the third floor. Basically, you can get up to death row but not leave, so not only do prison breaks not work but your infiltrator is stuck.
As a work around you can bring a molotov cocktail and when it's time to make your escape burn through the walls.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 03:48:55 pm »

As a work around you can bring a molotov cocktail and when it's time to make your escape burn through the walls.

Nice!  Just burn it all.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 09:44:12 pm »

Hmm a new version... Looks interesting
Pages: [1] 2 3