Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Sociopath's Hunting Lodge  (Read 4955 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Sociopath's Hunting Lodge
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2014, 04:36:28 am »

I think if there's going to be a scoring system you should also base it on the adventurer's weapon. Fucking Scimitars are over-powered. One hit kills every time with only a skilled sworddwarf.

But yeah sounds interesting. Do traps that are set up in fort affect the adventurer? If so booby trap the hell out of the trophy room, then the building itself will collect trophies.
Scimitars are almost exactly the same as short swords so they shouldn't be doing that. What is it made out of?

Yeah - killing's the easy part - it takes finesse to take a trophy after subduing your foe then changing their nickname to something embarrassing like "Lefty", all without actually killing them (or yourself) in the process.  Makes for an interesting world eventually too - all these people and monsters with scars and interactions and grudges...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 04:39:07 am by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Meatshield

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2014, 12:14:01 pm »

I think if there's going to be a scoring system you should also base it on the adventurer's weapon. Fucking Scimitars are over-powered. One hit kills every time with only a skilled sworddwarf.

But yeah sounds interesting. Do traps that are set up in fort affect the adventurer? If so booby trap the hell out of the trophy room, then the building itself will collect trophies.
Scimitars are almost exactly the same as short swords so they shouldn't be doing that. What is it made out of?

Yeah - killing's the easy part - it takes finesse to take a trophy after subduing your foe then changing their nickname to something embarrassing like "Lefty", all without actually killing them (or yourself) in the process.  Makes for an interesting world eventually too - all these people and monsters with scars and interactions and grudges...

Well if I recall it was silver, so even the worst material possible for that bladed weapon was over-powered. Falchions are if you have a human or a dwarf big enough to wield it. I don't know, this .34.11 I'm talking about, so I might be wrong about the new updates.

Question should we force a race upon this sadistic trophy collecting? Like we'll obviously be fighting dwarves, so should we have to be dwarves to make fair fights?
Jarloth Steellungs is my current dwarf wrestler, who enjoys breaking everyone's knees and elbows and then working his way down from fingers to toes to ankles to wrists to arms to legs to gouging the eyes. And if he has a knife (though he prefers sharp rocks) he'll remove their ears, nose and tongue but only after kicking their teeth out.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2014, 02:13:19 pm »

What could be especially fun is if each Player civ was considered "being from a warrior culture", so that all the entities in a fortress had some militia training (Like everyone's squad of ten had 2-3 training at any one time.)  That leaves 7-8 out of 10 doing regular fortress stuff, but no matter who gets caught next to the 'bold or gob (or other "warrior civ" invaders), they have a weapon with em and know how to use it.  Also a good idea if one of your warrior elite adventurers eventually wants to lead an army to sack another Player's fortress and carry off their spoils, is to have points added to, say, by taking an ear off a still living but helpless foe as trophy, or from stealing an artifact.  Treasure chambers could be built/excavated for just such war booty and the attacked Player would then not just be wiped out, but have to field an army missing half their ears, or nine-fingered or toothless something in revenge for the attack - go through that process a few times and the survivors will eventually be death hardened horrors to rival any monstrosity that stumbles up from the deep.  All part of the fun of grooming sociopaths, is that dying's too good for 'em - better to make them (and the Players who will eventually have to deal with 'em) wallow in freakish gimpy misery for awhile.

So, let's use the points system suggested earlier combined with the Death Race 2000 one I posted earlier:
   However, make them have full points for "creative maiming" (with a per turn open vote worth a further 10% of the turn's total score for really over the top creative sadism) and only half points for actual killing.

+50 for the eventual sociopath to be one of the starting 7.
+10 pt for each notable kill on the character prior to massacre.
+50 pts For each forgotten beast or titan maimed +10pts for every year the FB manages to survive after first showing itself.  The meanest FB's will eventually rack up quite a score just by surviving.
+100 for dragons
+50 for maiming a baron/baronness
+100 for maiming a count/countess
+150 for maiming a duke/duchess
+300 for maiming a king/queen
+50 for each Weaponslord maimed, axe/mace/sword/crossbow, doesn't matter.
+50 for maiming invader generals/nobles
+500 for surviving the Circus (1 time per sociopath, otherwise it'll just be unfair)
+50 per artifact looted from the fort

Opponent's dwarves: A piece of their body taken as a trophy (only x1/2 if they are killed in the process):

+70 pt per male and +80 per female dwarf aged 12 and below.
+40 pt per male and +50 per female dwarf between the age of 13-19
+10 pt per male and +20 per female dwarf between the age of 20-29
+20 pt per male and +30 per female dwarf between the ages of 30-39
+30 pt per male and +40 per female dwarf between the ages of 40-49
+40 pt per male and +50 per female dwarf between the ages of 50-59
+50 pt per male and +60 per female dwarf between the ages of 60-69
+60 pt per male and +70 per female dwarf between the ages of 70-74
+100 pt per dwarf aged 75+

All members of non-Player civs:
+1 per trophy taken (+0 if they're killed in the process).

How's that look?
Looks good.

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2014, 04:34:08 pm »

Well if I recall it was silver, so even the worst material possible for that bladed weapon was over-powered. Falchions are if you have a human or a dwarf big enough to wield it. I don't know, this .34.11 I'm talking about, so I might be wrong about the new updates.
What mods are you using?
Question should we force a race upon this sadistic trophy collecting? Like we'll obviously be fighting dwarves, so should we have to be dwarves to make fair fights?
Dwarves would probably be the best race for it anyway so that would make it kind of boring, kobolds on the other hand...
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2014, 02:25:22 am »

I'm thinking that any race would do - pretty soon you'd have the entire world howling mad and ganging up to take down the sociopathic "warrior civs", or cowering in fear as the dwarven warriors pass through.  If the sociopaths set themselves up as lords by claiming each site they successfully go trophy hunting in, we could also get a shifting set of territory borders as the various "warrior civs" subjugate their neighbors by force and push to take trophies from other warrior civs while guarding their own trophies from a similar fate.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2014, 06:34:05 pm »

Sorry I disappeared! I've been quite busy IRL! Alright, so I suppose I'll start on a fortress, let it live for a while, then DESTROY IT IN THE MOST VIOLENT WAY POSSIBLE.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

kevinfragger2427

• Bay Watcher
  • I SIMP FOR NW_KOHAKU SEMPAIII
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2014, 11:21:36 pm »

This is a great idea! Sign me up for the next round!

Wait, are there any external requirements? Like, do we have to be real-life sadistic murderers or whatev- oh hai NSA. No, I'm fine.

Oops, sorry about the nercro. Was accidental. But I do think it's a nice change to have adv. based succession games.
NW_Kohaku, marry me this instant!!!

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2014, 11:54:41 am »

This is a great idea! Sign me up for the next round!

Wait, are there any external requirements? Like, do we have to be real-life sadistic murderers or whatev- oh hai NSA. No, I'm fine.

Oops, sorry about the nercro. Was accidental. But I do think it's a nice change to have adv. based succession games.
Sign me up as well, thanks for the necro!
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2014, 06:19:11 pm »

Wow I thought this was never going to see the light of day again.
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2014, 09:39:12 pm »

I'm still game for playing, although "King of the Kill" sounds like a similar version.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:42:19 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]