Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ADV / Legends & Diplomacy & Nobility maps.  (Read 731 times)

Robotic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
ADV / Legends & Diplomacy & Nobility maps.
« on: October 30, 2014, 08:46:56 pm »

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

So, I love Legends mode... and with very little fanfare it seems new maps have been introduced including the Nobility and Diplomacy maps.

I have little idea what to make of these new maps...  Any light anyone could shed would be appreciated.

I tried adventuring and found a hamlet with a structure that seemed to indicate that 18 other groups had or were trying to make claims on it... and it had a pink square on the nobility map... and a bunch of lines on the diplomacy map... so I of course slaughtered the local civ lord and made it my own.  Another area falls to Cobrablood the Armored Angry Angry Autumn of Bees.  The group naming list is exhausting but that's a different discussion.  Afterwards I reloaded legends and only one of the lines had disappeared.  So it seems that my claim had disrupted some sort of diplomacy effort, however I'm still confused what I'd actually done to affect the lay of diplomacy upon the land.

I also had a large criminal organization that I thought I had wiped out by taking down 2 nobles with very little fanfare or hostility from local guards or persons in their citadel.  Do I need to then tell everyone I meet that I killed those guys?  Now I'm the boss?  Am I a boss of a criminal organization, or have I taken out their leadership at the citadel and now we can chop off the ears of everyone we meet?

Any light the community could shed on this would be appreciated.  In the mean time I've abandoned that land to a pocket world where I had explored my first generated Dwarven Hillock... then a Fortress... then I slept in the top of some trees... then got slaughtered by a goblin hammerman carrying a silver war hammer in an ambush of about 40 goblins.