Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SPATTER_LIQUID not smearing nor showing announcements  (Read 839 times)

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
SPATTER_LIQUID not smearing nor showing announcements
« on: November 15, 2014, 06:12:00 am »

I'm trying to mod in Fluffies, but for some reason the interaction I mostly copied from spitting doesn't give an announcement if the LIQUID_GLOB is replaced with SPATTER_LIQUID.

Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:sorry poopies]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:NEGATIVE_SOCIAL_RESPONSE]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:TORMENT]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH] not needed?
[CDI:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:SHIT:SPATTER_LIQUID]
[CDI:VERB:poop:poops:NA]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:3]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:10000]

The INORGANIC:SHIT is a custom material I made for a manure golem mod, and while the announcement "Fluffy 1 poops!" shows up when the emission is a glob, the molten glob is hot enough to start fires and kill anything it hits. The spatter_liquid also doesn't stick to bodyparts, although it does give smears if you roll around in a pool of it. What should I do to fix this?

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPATTER_LIQUID not smearing nor showing announcements
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 08:43:14 am »

I'm trying to mod in Fluffies, but for some reason the interaction I mostly copied from spitting doesn't give an announcement if the LIQUID_GLOB is replaced with SPATTER_LIQUID.

The INORGANIC:SHIT is a custom material I made for a manure golem mod, and while the announcement "Fluffy 1 poops!" shows up when the emission is a glob, the molten glob is hot enough to start fires and kill anything it hits. The spatter_liquid also doesn't stick to bodyparts, although it does give smears if you roll around in a pool of it. What should I do to fix this?
... you are disgusting.

Anyway, I guess manure has too high default heat.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 06:19:41 pm »

... you are disgusting.

Anyway, I guess manure has too high default heat.
Ew.

And what's wrong with the built-in material FILTH_B?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 07:45:48 am »

The heat issue was apparently caused by the material properties. After all, if it's solid in room temperature, it must be hotter than that to come out as liquid.

However, the LIQUID_SPATTER still doesn't show up in announcement nor stick to the target. The now nonlethal LIQUID_GLOB does both of those, but how can I get it to show up on the ground as well?

Now here's an even more troubling hurdle: Do non-civilized creatures even use NEGATIVE_SOCIAL_RESPONSE or TORMENT usage hints? Is there something like "threaten" to get them to use it on things they don't like without making it an attack?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 03:42:49 pm »

SPATTER_LIQUID just shows up on the ground, it doesn't actually go anywhere.

Non-civilized creatures do neither, I think. I think you can look at squids for "run away" attacks.