Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3623 3624 [3625]

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 3240591 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • Never stabs friends, promise!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #54360 on: October 20, 2019, 06:12:58 pm »

Good point, and badly needed. I should probably get around to making traction benches for the hospital and making sure it's stocked. If I'm going to have a legendary militia, I'd better have some legendary hospital beds for them.

Training is going well. They all had the chance to actually train with their gear, and now I'm setting up my super special training workbenches where they "practice" skills. Gotta finish outfitting them, and making equipment for the auxiliary squads.
"THEN CAME TOBNOM, ASS-GOD".
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #54361 on: October 21, 2019, 04:13:18 am »

Don't traction benches lose the value of components, and take only the table material and the quality roll from mechanic?

Other uses, though. An adamantine artifact chain might be uniquely useful in dealing with a firebreather, being less quick to melt - but I don't know how much use that is to you. Maybe when biting into miracle poles?

If it was a chain in your jail, it'd make the jailed happy. But buildings designated as rooms don't add room value to buildings other than themselves, so there's the dining room argument. It might be fitting for permanent holdings for your vampire mayor, or husked werebeast.

You could give it to someone as neck decoration by a lever pull after they're chained. Don't need a jail sentence for that if you're willing to use a script

You could force well usage by having a spot of dirt in fortress and bars of soap. If it is ‼well‼, an adamantine chain is not going to burn up, albeit any old steel chain would do that.

sum1won

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54362 on: October 22, 2019, 09:39:32 pm »

I just had a tantruming militia captain knock over a statue in my temple and get cursed.  First time.  Mid siege, too.

https://i.imgur.com/S2c9JEb.png

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54363 on: October 22, 2019, 10:09:32 pm »

Bamboozled a dwarf into making an artifact adamantine chain (restricting all the other available cloth types). Just gotta figure out how and where I'm going to display it. Obviously nobody visits the well, but it appears nobody pays any mind to the display pedestal with artifacts on it either.
Would a zoo work?

Chain up a giant lion? Or a captured gobbo?
Pages: 1 ... 3623 3624 [3625]