Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 443384 times)

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #1035 on: January 10, 2017, 01:55:44 am »

A human who had a dozen of cats died this year.

And for some reason, at first I could only butcher 2 of the cats. Then more and more cats lost their owner property, until all of them were butcherable.

The message showed: <cat name here> has become a Stray Cat.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 11, 2017, 03:20:31 am »

Foreign made items can have images of artifacts made in your fortress in them.

If a dwarf goes to sleep while hungry/thirsty, their bedroom can be invaded by burly dwarves with Give Food and Give Water jobs who will then force feed the sleeper without even waking them up.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: January 13, 2017, 06:21:02 am »

A human who had a dozen of cats died this year.

And for some reason, at first I could only butcher 2 of the cats. Then more and more cats lost their owner property, until all of them were butcherable.

The message showed: <cat name here> has become a Stray Cat.
Did they really loose their names? or it just meant that they "became" butcherable?

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 13, 2017, 09:40:31 am »

The message is: Likod Delerkogan has become a Stray Cat. Likod Delerkogan of course being a pet cat.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 13, 2017, 01:10:38 pm »

Foreign made items can have images of artifacts made in your fortress in them.

One time I built an incredibly opulent artifact coffin in the King's tomb. Several years later when the Dwarven carvan came, they tried to sell me tunics with pictures of it on them.
One wheel short of a wagon

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 13, 2017, 01:20:45 pm »

I'd buy those tunics.

YetAnotherLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 13, 2017, 02:01:07 pm »

Did they really loose their names? or it just meant that they "became" butcherable?
They keep their names, but become cageable/butcherable once again.

I actually think I figured out why none of my instruments were ever played over the course of 15 years. Somehow, a large number of my instruments managed to get "locked" somehow, yet were still tasked for playing. I was renovating my tavern (deconstructing everything, including the flooring, to get rid of blood and vomit), and there were some instruments that outright could not be moved in any way short of DFHack. The moment I used autodump to destroy them, I started seeing the remaining instruments get played or simulated.

I'm also getting all kinds of strange bugs now in pathing and occupancy, including such things as constructions randomly forgetting what material they were made of (Stoneware Block Pillar becomes _Pillar and turns the color of a soil tile) and spawning a sand floor up in the air on deconstruction, completely empty tiles becoming unpathable and unbuildable, dwarves becoming stuck and dehydrating to death in the middle of completely open ground, fluids refusing to flow, and all sorts of other craziness.

Oh, and as for an actual trivial finding, visitors seeking to petition will cheerfully path to your mayor... even if said mayor happens to be riding a minecart through 7/7 water at the time. End result: one half-drowned mayor, one derailed minecart, one badger man corpse, and assorted bits of clothing floating in my automated swimming pool. Draining and refilling it to retrieve the bodies is going to be such a pain...

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: January 14, 2017, 07:32:10 pm »

Butchering bought animals in front of the merchants may scare them off and destroy wagons.

:-\

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 19, 2017, 04:01:26 pm »

Mist and magma mist can coexist in the same tile - as unintuitive as that sounds. No steam, no steam engine, no industrial revolution.  :(

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: February 19, 2017, 04:42:26 pm »

Flying civilians are more hassle than they're worth. They also path like walkers half the time, flyers the other. The 1 wide pit is impassable, but I can fly down the hole you dug to give sunlight to the deep mines to pick up a sock.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Inconspicuous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: February 20, 2017, 01:18:36 pm »

(In adventure mode) I accidentally hit the "Claim this site for yourself" option, instead of asking someone to join my group. Every time the lord of the castle left/entered my line of site, I'd get spammed with this announcement:

"You now rule from XX town, as the leader of group XX"

And would have to hit enter rapidly until it disappeared. I retired the adventurer, and came as another bard (This time with 12 companions) and both my old adventurer and the original ruler were both called the lord. I thought that was rather odd.

Shortly after, everyone in the acting troupe was melted by a skinny dragon.
I know it's your opinion, but your opinion is just WRONG.
-Yahtzee

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: February 22, 2017, 04:25:59 pm »

I recommend stabbing the alternate Lord. Title paradox must not be tolerated.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Inconspicuous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: February 23, 2017, 11:15:27 am »

More science!

Science test 1: Odd history.

I'll have to look in legends to find more about this, but all of humanity on my current saved is ruled by bandit gangs of bird people. All shops have been abandoned, save for a few markets (Owned by birdmen) and a few taverns, one of which has a hole in the wall. Also, a plump helmet man recently took over a nearby hamlet in an insurrection.

Science test 2: Animal conversations???

I was wandering around an old world, when I came to a temple:
The Puzzling Secret-Church
Nearby was a human priest and a cat. The priest was having a very involved conversation with the cat, saying things like "So true, so true" or "It was inevitable". He told the cat various other things, including how he disliked being caught in the rain. Odd.
I know it's your opinion, but your opinion is just WRONG.
-Yahtzee

BlackBronze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: February 23, 2017, 11:43:22 am »

The other day, I was moving around some "thoughtfully placed" statues in my temple, when a new ghost popped into existence. I got excited for a moment because to my delight, the ghost rose from the void directly above the toppled statue of the Necromancers' Deity Kesting, as if she had willed them into existence herself. My fort as of now has four ghosts wandering around. As long as they're friendly, I have no plans on giving them a proper burial. I plan on seeing how many I can accumulate by the time my fortress topples.

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: February 23, 2017, 01:11:07 pm »

Automine will not designate tiles that already have markers on them. So, if you're digging next to a cliff face/cavern face that you don't want your dwarves to break through, you can just mark the whole edge (ore/gem only) and then automine nearby to your heart's content.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 148