Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 439550 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #1200 on: January 02, 2018, 08:56:50 pm »

I just noticed that humans set to work as armorsmiths automatically produce human sized armor. It doesn't say 'large' though in the workshop's q screen.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: January 03, 2018, 06:41:58 am »

Dwarves happily flop onto the floor of the hospital to rest even if there's no beds free. That's nice to know. Not sure if they're being diagnosed properly though, place is full of minor injuries due to a bar fight right now. Only one fatality, not bad. Poor guy was beaten to the floor, had his bronze mask ripped off and his face kicked in. Must have argued the nuances of family with the wrong crowd...

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: January 04, 2018, 08:00:48 pm »

I've had dwarfs treated just fine flopped down on the floor, had that earlier after a goblin siege, when I realized I hadn't yet built more beds for the hospital.

Also, the largest song-and-dance I've gotten a pic of thus far:

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: January 04, 2018, 10:13:50 pm »

My speardwarf is leading a sword demonstration. With only his spear as a prop...

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: January 05, 2018, 05:47:16 pm »

My speardwarf is leading a sword demonstration. With only his spear as a prop...
Did somebody bring the book "Teaching by Negative Example" to your fort? :D
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: January 05, 2018, 07:31:40 pm »

Heres one: Did anyone else notice that caged domestic animals brought by the caravan is listed as "caged merchants" in the "u" screen?
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: January 06, 2018, 07:53:32 am »

@Grand sage until bought by the player, animals for sale are still part of the merchant faction which may be where odd phrasing comes from. Unless i've recently been reading it wrong or something has changed.

Merchant (faction) - Caged (status)

Ill take a look at it later and make a Mantis issue report perhaps.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: January 06, 2018, 08:59:52 am »

Penned some assorted poultry to an undersea tunnel far below the sea floor. As always, they immediately started scratching up vermin... which turned out to be live mussels and oysters. I'm going to set up some animal traps next; maybe I could use this as a method of fishing?
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: January 06, 2018, 09:22:18 am »

Lesson 1. How to recognise your sword.
This is not a sword. Repeat after me 'this is not my weapon...'

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: January 06, 2018, 11:25:52 am »

Lesson 1. How to recognise your sword.
This is not a sword. Repeat after me 'this is not my weapon...'
... there are many weapons that are my weapon, but this is not. with this weapon i'm nothing and this weapon is nothing with me.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: January 08, 2018, 03:40:34 pm »

When using the 'exterminate him' command on a female with DFHack, it will give a message "It's a she!"

The command will still kill the creature though
Try "exterminate her", instead. For gender-less creatures, "exterminate it".
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: January 08, 2018, 04:29:19 pm »

Try "exterminate her", instead. For gender-less creatures, "exterminate it".
My mother language has no gender-less pronouns or forms, so masculine is the default for gender-less.
That might explain why it simply does not cross my and other's mind that there could be other alias for the command.
In a time before time, I had a name.

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: January 09, 2018, 09:55:15 am »

There already is potato wine, also, what yam are you referring to? Yams on the wiki the dfwiki doesn't seem to say anything about this, but I know that it can be wrong.

I know it only applies to certain types of yams, but I can't remember which ones. I'm farming long yams in my current fort, so it's not those (gathering only, no trading). Might build a depot and start requesting all the yam types but not seeds.

Qrox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: January 10, 2018, 04:05:21 am »

Not sure if it has been observed before, but I just found out that you can carve upward stairways out of nothing in an unrevealed magma sea by first constructing a downward staircase on a natural floor tile directly above the unrevealed magma sea, and then designate the tile below for mining into an upward staircase. After that the magma sea will be revealed.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: January 11, 2018, 05:14:08 am »

Not sure if it has been observed before, but I just found out that you can carve upward stairways out of nothing in an unrevealed magma sea by first constructing a downward staircase on a natural floor tile directly above the unrevealed magma sea, and then designate the tile below for mining into an upward staircase. After that the magma sea will be revealed.
Sounds like the "mine through slade" exploit. You can mine straight through unrevealed slade that way.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 148