Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 442202 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #1440 on: March 20, 2019, 03:52:27 am »

Why not atomsmash them? Your dwarves never need to see a corpse.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: March 20, 2019, 04:06:58 am »

I was looking for ways to take an elven caravan's stuff under two conditions:
1. Don't let them leave. (pisses off the elven civ, don't really want war yet)
2. Don't kill them. (corpses are traumatizing to dwarves, pain in the ass to deal with)

There's a glitch in the game where you disassemble the Trade Depot and you get all their stuff.
The fort where filth melts your skin! (updated 4/9/15)

Curiosity killed the cat.
Satisfaction brought it back.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: March 20, 2019, 04:08:49 am »

There's a glitch in the game where you disassemble the Trade Depot and you get all their stuff.
Will that method piss off the elves if the merchants leave?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 04:10:49 am by methylatedspirit »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: March 20, 2019, 04:29:35 am »

For some reason Elves don't seem to care about having their stuff stolen. Or indeed about being slaughtered.
But touch their sacred trees...

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: March 20, 2019, 04:49:21 am »

For some reason Elves don't seem to care about having their stuff stolen. Or indeed about being slaughtered.
But touch their sacred trees...
It will piss them off, because the game calculates loss based on how much more money they make when leaving.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: March 20, 2019, 04:50:47 am »

Atom smasher it is, then. Or does that also piss them off?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: March 20, 2019, 07:45:46 am »

Atom smasher it is, then. Or does that also piss them off?
Unfortunately it does. As long as they are leaving with less money than they had, (or if they never leave ;) ) they get a bit pissed. But elves are resistant anyway and it's hard to get them to attack you anyway, so don't worry.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: March 20, 2019, 07:50:04 am »

Just use dfhack to turn the diplomat back on, then insult him repeatedly, before killing him. :P

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: March 20, 2019, 07:59:12 am »

Just use dfhack to turn the diplomat back on, then insult him repeatedly, before killing him. :P
When the elven armies come, just tell them that it was just a prank.

pamelrabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: March 21, 2019, 12:41:18 pm »

Today I found I had native platinum cut gems. But my embark has no metals, totally not valuable metals and absolutely not platinum at all. So what's happening here?

Turns out they're gizzard stones, and they came inside random hens and turkeys. Along with bauxite, saltpeter and some other rare minerals.
Talk about Golden Eggs Hen... ĦI've got Platinum ones!

żDoes this mean I can have a source of platinum gems if I import enough chickens? ( that's a question I've never thought I'd ask).

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: March 21, 2019, 12:48:19 pm »

See if you can set it to melt. Then setting a forge to melt objects.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

pamelrabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: March 21, 2019, 03:47:22 pm »

See if you can set it to melt. Then setting a forge to melt objects.

No, cut stones can't be melted. ĦBut they can be used for decorating stuff! (btw, 20 fresh chickens arrived but no precious metals inside them. Guess I had a lucky gizzard-roll)

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: March 21, 2019, 05:46:18 pm »

Oddly enough, The wiki doesn't list Chickens as a source of gizzard stones. Although it does mention that butchering things like elk-birds can yield a renewable source of them.

I guess that means that even animals who were born on your map can have stones in them that dont exist on your map?

Also, Gizzard stones, How the hell did anyone come up with adding them into the game? :P
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: March 21, 2019, 07:38:14 pm »

I like when moody dwarfs use gizzard stones. Thief-birds like vultures or buzzards are a good source of them, since they come in close enough for the military dwarfs to smack them down.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: March 22, 2019, 08:10:25 pm »

It is possible to build a door when there are walls on all 4 sides. But if there is an item on the ground, the dwarf will suspend the job claiming there's no path.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 148