Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 442361 times)

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #150 on: December 21, 2014, 08:50:16 pm »

I have had an IMMENSE climb in the number of immigrant brats I get.  I can only guess it's from among the following things:

-pure chance
-somehow messed with something in the raws, despite not even touching the raws for dwarves
-settling on a one-huge-landmass map instead of one with two or more split-up landmasses

Send help.  And by "help," I mean "goblin snatchers and hungry dingoes".

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2014, 06:57:23 pm »

You can target critters in cages with interactions.  hunh
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 23, 2014, 02:59:41 pm »

I was looking for that 'selling dwarves' thread but I now suspect it got nuked . . .

You can sell zombies that were considered tame.  I dont know if that applies to full zombies or animals, or the conditions of their death/undeath, but the hair is in a cage in the depot, and will get sold by me.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 23, 2014, 03:55:00 pm »

I was looking for that 'selling dwarves' thread but I now suspect it got nuked . . .

You can sell zombies that were considered tame.  I dont know if that applies to full zombies or animals, or the conditions of their death/undeath, but the hair is in a cage in the depot, and will get sold by me.

Training dummies are hard to come by, especially nigh invincible ones that can take an infinite number of bolts and can't hurt newbie soldiers

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 23, 2014, 03:56:02 pm »

But they sell for full price :)  You butcher the critter, cook the meat, cage it in a wooden/cheap cage and sell it!
Also if you can make one you should ba able to make more.
PKs DF Mod!

Djinternet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 23, 2014, 07:03:12 pm »

I've got a nice military. Legendary in most combat skills, nearly full adamantine armor, all superior or masterwork quality. Lately nothing's been attacking me, so they've been enjoying civilian life. I've got a surplus of bars and am constantly getting strange moods, so I assigned armorsmithing duties to a couple soldiers in hopes of getting some artifact adamantine armor next mood. Now, keep in mind they had no metalsmithing skill. They were, however, grand master armor users. Both times, their first piece of armor was masterwork. At Dabbing skill, a frigging masterwork. After that they made the usual low quality crap.

Not sure if this actually means anything or is just an odd coincidence.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #156 on: December 24, 2014, 09:59:40 am »

Eyes have tears coating them now. Was that always a thing?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 24, 2014, 10:11:15 am »

Eyes have tears coating them now. Was that always a thing?
Only when the critter is upset.  Its actually supposed to represent emotional trauma.  Or physical, but then again . . .
PKs DF Mod!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #158 on: December 24, 2014, 10:15:50 am »

Huh. I checked their status when I saw the tears, but they didn't seem particularly unhappy at the time. Mostly fond and satisfied.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 24, 2014, 10:17:45 am »

In early versions of this, the critter would get upset about death and never unwind.  Leading to eventual suicide.  Even and especially in adventurer companions.

Its part of the emotional overhaul, and hopefully gets perfected.
PKs DF Mod!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #160 on: December 24, 2014, 10:19:02 am »

I think they were annoyed about the rain too, so that's probably it.

It's irritating that your dwarves can start out grouchy if it's raining when you arrive. Quite a rocky start to a nice camping trip.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 24, 2014, 11:28:22 am »

In my own worlds, I found that brook tiles (the ones above the brooks) move around water.  I had a waterfall-brook, and sensibly dammed the half I didn't need for my frames.  The bottom half drained of the map, and there are leftover 1/7 water tiles remaining, getting shuffled around by the brook tiles.  Im considering removing them or putting roads or floor over them, to see if that stops the effect.
PKs DF Mod!

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 26, 2014, 04:09:05 am »

In my own worlds, I found that brook tiles (the ones above the brooks) move around water.  I had a waterfall-brook, and sensibly dammed the half I didn't need for my frames.  The bottom half drained of the map, and there are leftover 1/7 water tiles remaining, getting shuffled around by the brook tiles.  Im considering removing them or putting roads or floor over them, to see if that stops the effect.

I wonder if this would work on magma too, like if one managed to isolate a brook section and replace all the water. Could be a reliable way to control when ice thaws out in freezing climates.

...I'mma try it.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 26, 2014, 09:40:51 am »

Training dummies are hard to come by, especially nigh invincible ones that can take an infinite number of bolts and can't hurt newbie soldiers

Just tried in a fortress game. A donkey zombie is as expensive as a real donkey.

Merchant: Hmmm, the donkey looks a bit odd.
Broker: He's a good donkey. He just has a bad temper (it's true).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 28, 2014, 08:47:51 am »

While hauling a rotten corpse, it is possible that the corpse changes into a skeleton. This will cause job cancellation since it is not the same item anymore.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 148