Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 443713 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #1515 on: April 29, 2019, 02:53:07 pm »

If you send someone to raid a site while they have a baby, the baby will go with them and also gain Ambusher skill. No idea if the baby increases combat strength or carries loot, though
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: April 29, 2019, 08:33:49 pm »

deleted
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 09:05:14 pm by Libash_Thunderhead »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: April 30, 2019, 02:07:35 am »

If you send someone to raid a site while they have a baby, the baby will go with them and also gain Ambusher skill. No idea if the baby increases combat strength or carries loot, though
the baby learns quickly to not cry and give a away their position.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: April 30, 2019, 05:52:53 pm »

The baby stealthily sneak-crawls up behind sentries and hamstrings them from behind, using nothing but their sharpest - and only - tooth.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: May 01, 2019, 01:27:47 am »

Cave sites can have dungeons. Never spotted one of those before. In fact this one, The Gutters of Slinking, has a market and a keep too apparently.

I note that of the 24 kobold civs in my world, only 3 ever thought to construct a market. Is it coincidence that they all came to a sticky end by Roc, colossus and swamp titan?

The keep and dungeon in the Gutters and Slinking were constructed by a later civ who moved in after the kobolds were all dead.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 01:41:53 am by Shonai_Dweller »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: May 01, 2019, 01:30:25 pm »

Please, go there and see what it looks like.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: May 01, 2019, 02:19:07 pm »

I'm very interested as well.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: May 02, 2019, 01:47:10 am »

I'm very interested as well.
Yes, I may venture out there to see what there is to see.
I imagine it's much like the goblin taverns in that you can't actually find them with an adventurer, but we'll see.

There's actually two caves with dungeons in this world, the other is in the quaint sounding Delightshafts. There we can search for the dungeon "The Cloudy Murder Night". Sounds fun.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: May 02, 2019, 03:17:30 pm »

I was looking at the world in the Civ screen. My world has been a haze of constant war between the Dwarves in their tiny mountain range they call home, which is surrounded on two sides by Goblin lands, one Dark fortress even has a population of 7500, which’ll cause plenty of fun later on. Hpwever, I found out two things: The Swamp which surrpunds the mountain on all sides, seperating the Dwraves and the Gpblins, is called the Murk of Blockading, and the range itself is called the Mountain of combating. As a last little detail, the hilly region seperating Dwarven and Human land is called The Hills of Trading.
The Elves are long dead and gone, but as a last little detail, one of their three solitary ruined Forest retreats is called Punchnut.
There’s also the Beak of Volcanoes, which is slightly east of the only Volcano in the world, the Teeth of Prison, home to the two ruins of the other Dwarven Civ, the Flrtress of Auraship and the Hillocks of Weavermine.
There’s an artefact book called The Farm, My Life, but the toast has to go to the Hillocks of Merchantsingle, where someone has written the Books Understanding shapes, The Wizard’s guide to the Shape, The Line My Love, and the Book Of The Shape.

There’s also one in a Goblin pit called Choose The Pits.

There’s Tundra called The Blizzard of Tweeting, a Good swamp called The Murk of Style, another place called The Prarie of Style, and finally, the Sensual Lakes.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: May 02, 2019, 08:24:09 pm »

I was looking at the world in the Civ screen. My world has been a haze of constant war between the Dwarves in their tiny mountain range they call home, which is surrounded on two sides by Goblin lands, one Dark fortress even has a population of 7500, which’ll cause plenty of fun later on. Hpwever, I found out two things: The Swamp which surrpunds the mountain on all sides, seperating the Dwraves and the Gpblins, is called the Murk of Blockading, and the range itself is called the Mountain of combating. As a last little detail, the hilly region seperating Dwarven and Human land is called The Hills of Trading.
The Elves are long dead and gone, but as a last little detail, one of their three solitary ruined Forest retreats is called Punchnut.
There’s also the Beak of Volcanoes, which is slightly east of the only Volcano in the world, the Teeth of Prison, home to the two ruins of the other Dwarven Civ, the Flrtress of Auraship and the Hillocks of Weavermine.
There’s an artefact book called The Farm, My Life, but the toast has to go to the Hillocks of Merchantsingle, where someone has written the Books Understanding shapes, The Wizard’s guide to the Shape, The Line My Love, and the Book Of The Shape.

There’s also one in a Goblin pit called Choose The Pits.

There’s Tundra called The Blizzard of Tweeting, a Good swamp called The Murk of Style, another place called The Prarie of Style, and finally, the Sensual Lakes.

So many good names.  Did you time travel to version 72.56r2 and increase the cool name slider to the max for this world?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: May 02, 2019, 08:47:33 pm »

I have a site government which has named themselves "Paris".

They're an Utterances civ, so it's just a randomly assorted jumble of letters following basic rules, but kind of cool anyhow.

Shockwave07

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: May 04, 2019, 09:57:05 pm »

Figure this is one for here...

Found an artifact called can the Elves save the world? It's location? In a goblin controlled forest retreat! XD
Novice overseer of Lanceheld a town of Taverns and Tantrums!

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: May 05, 2019, 02:00:05 am »

I wrote that last post in the middle of the night, and the spelling shows. But no. Just a normie DF2019 world.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: May 05, 2019, 01:42:14 pm »

Found an artifact called can the Elves save the world? It's location? In a goblin controlled forest retreat! XD
it could aswell fit the facepalm thread :D
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: May 05, 2019, 02:16:22 pm »

The answer was no.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 148