Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 439513 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #1545 on: May 12, 2019, 03:03:26 pm »

I have an artifact with wool spikes that has an image of the artifact created before it.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: May 12, 2019, 03:36:13 pm »

I once had two artifacts with pictures of each other on them. The save's been gone for years, though.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: May 12, 2019, 04:01:41 pm »

I wonder if there will be an artifact of someone crafting a different artifact of someone crafting a different artifact of...

going on until all artifacts created by the fortress are in one. It would probably be very unlikely though

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: May 13, 2019, 07:51:22 pm »

Merchants can path through 6/7 water areas.

《monty》

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: May 14, 2019, 10:49:14 am »

My starting mason is a dabbling miner somehow, but I know I've never enabled that labor much less have a third pick lying around. Is there non-mining labor that will increase that skill?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: May 14, 2019, 11:24:23 am »

My starting mason is a dabbling miner somehow, but I know I've never enabled that labor much less have a third pick lying around. Is there non-mining labor that will increase that skill?
if he ever had that job active and one of your miners dropped their pick and he took it to start mining, that could be the reason.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

《monty》

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: May 14, 2019, 02:06:41 pm »

The "gather refuse from outside" option also enabled cleaning labors outside. The legendary gelder is lucky I noticed in time.

if he ever had that job active and one of your miners dropped their pick and he took it to start mining, that could be the reason.

It's a recent embark so I'm sure I didn't intentionally - thought I am using Dwarf Therapist for the first time so I could have accidentally toggled it on and off while futzing around.

pamelrabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: May 15, 2019, 01:47:39 am »

I sent a raid with a lot of war hounds. Their puppies follow them to the edge of the map, but come back (I guess yelping and moaning) to the fortress when their mothers goes away to war.

kind of touching.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: May 15, 2019, 02:57:14 am »

Merchants can path through 6/7 water areas.

Fording that dam am i right?

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: May 15, 2019, 05:39:37 pm »

Staalo reported that parrying with pots inexplicably trains mining.

《monty》

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: May 15, 2019, 06:42:12 pm »

That would explain it! Plenty of large pots around, he was probably trying to beat a kea to death with it.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: May 16, 2019, 10:39:07 am »

That would explain it! Plenty of large pots around, he was probably trying to beat a kea to death with it.

Urist McCarpenter & Urist McMason confirmed for Wrestdorfmania Year 54?

Urist McCarpenter hits Urist McMason with a xxFinely made chairxx
The xxwooden chairxx breaks!
Urist McCarpenter: "I have improved my woodcutting, that was satisfying"
Urist McCarpenter: "I attacked my Urist McMason my grudge, that was grimly satisfying"

《monty》

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: May 21, 2019, 01:55:20 pm »

While digging a staircase in ground with a 1/7 covering of water, it lags behind the newly dug out Z level, resulting in it falling as a mist and giving my miner a nice perpetual waterfall as she descends.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: May 21, 2019, 03:19:23 pm »

Apparently dorfs can feel gratitude of all things from sparring. An emotion normally caused by gifts of food, water, or rescue after injury.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: May 21, 2019, 05:25:01 pm »

One of my starting Dwarves has a grudge with two of the other starting Dwarves. One of them also has a grudge, but the other is friends with Dwarf A. He’s the person who hangs around someone else and considers them a friend, even though the object of friendship hates him. I sympathise.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 148