Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 443419 times)

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #1725 on: January 22, 2020, 08:40:47 am »

If a hidden ambusher happens to be unconscious when discovered, the announcement reads "There is a [creature] hidden away here." instead of the usual "A [creature] has sprung from ambush!"
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: January 22, 2020, 08:45:27 am »

If a hidden ambusher happens to be unconscious when discovered, the announcement reads "There is a [creature] hidden away here." instead of the usual "A [creature] has sprung from ambush!"
That makes sense since unconscious entities can’t really s[ring from ambush

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: January 22, 2020, 10:24:30 am »

This is probably something I should have learned years ago, but constructing down stairs on a natural floor allows things to pass downward...but deconstructing them doesn't leave a hole. The floor remains intact.
If you somehow manage to get a carved stair tile designated for smoothing (the only way to do that that I know of is designating smoothing before designating stair carving and managing to create a situations that causes the stairs to be finished before the floor is smoothed), pretty much the same thing happens.
currently on 44.09, it doesnt work anymore, but on 44.06 or something, i accidently removed already carved stairs by smoothing the area.

At least underground, if you pour magma on top of a "wall underneath" floor, then obsidian cast, then dig-- it will resurface the area.
You can then use the "Mud + cave fungus + road" trick to transform the cast obsidian cavern floor into cavern soil floor.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: February 09, 2020, 02:06:56 am »

So uh

apparently dwarves can worship a lot of stuff at once now.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: February 09, 2020, 03:53:03 am »

He really doesn't want to risk with that Pascal's wager.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: February 09, 2020, 06:09:42 am »

So uh

apparently dwarves can worship a lot of stuff at once now.

I have a issue report up for this here prophets like to walk around even when they're not supposed to as atheists and make up crackpot religions on the spot which catch on quick.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: February 09, 2020, 06:19:29 am »

I have a issue report up for this here prophets like to walk around even when they're not supposed to as atheists and make up crackpot religions on the spot which catch on quick.

Bless His noodly appendages!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Stench Guzman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: February 10, 2020, 12:31:23 pm »

deleted

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: February 10, 2020, 03:30:18 pm »

So I had an injured dwarf recover in a hospital. Weird finding: the moment he recovered, he instantly got married and was adopted by a cat.

Is this a known feature?

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: February 10, 2020, 08:48:29 pm »

"Urist darling, thinking I was losing you made you realize just how very much you meant to me. Let's get married!"

"Great! Let's get a cat!"

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: February 11, 2020, 10:01:33 am »

Don’t know where else to stick this, but I found a God with the spheres Cnildren, birth, pregnancy, creation, rebirth, and death. Her name is Ibruk the funeral of passions; a name of many possible interpretations courtesy of the Randon Number God.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: February 11, 2020, 11:55:37 am »

Don’t know where else to stick this, but I found a God with the spheres Cnildren, birth, pregnancy, creation, rebirth, and death. Her name is Ibruk the funeral of passions; a name of many possible interpretations courtesy of the Randon Number God.
Huh, sounds like a norse god. They often had spheres close to death and life like that.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: February 11, 2020, 06:06:33 pm »

I found a deity that had two separate entries with slightly different spheres, depending on which dwarven civilization was worshiping it. I seem to recall that it appeared to one as a male dwarf, and as a female to the other.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: February 13, 2020, 10:55:12 am »

I found a deity that had two separate entries with slightly different spheres, depending on which dwarven civilization was worshiping it. I seem to recall that it appeared to one as a male dwarf, and as a female to the other.
Are you sure it wasn't just a coincidence with two deities of the same name?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

RipOffProductions

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: February 14, 2020, 10:40:38 am »

on the subject of interesting gods, looking at legends I've fond that the humans of my world have a Goddess of Love, a Goddess of Lust, and a God of Romance, Family, and Speech... I know love is complicated, but holy hell I don't think it needs to be that complicated.

also the Goddess of Festivals is also the Goddess of Deceit, Lies, and Trickery... so she's a carnie?

and in another world I generated I found "Nish eritharros(Laborthrows)", who was among the first dwarfs, and became necromancer in the year 16.
among her many authored works(her entire history between the 40s and late 500s is nothing but "authored/created/stored [title here]", broken up by the occasional failed attempt to threaten law enforcement to ignore her activities) the most frequent topic seems to be her own necromancy tower, though books about her hometown/base of operations of Bendgirders and untitled works are also pretty common:
a complete list, with years of creation:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 148