Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 443310 times)

Strangething

• Bay Watcher
  • Slizardman
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #1785 on: March 27, 2020, 01:50:10 pm »

Two thousand dorfbucks is a lot of money, too. It usually takes an artifact on a pedestal.

I noticed you get a little more value if you designate a meeting hall through the zones mode, rather than building from a piece of furniture. I tried making a guild hall from a statue garden built from a masterwork marble statue, and the statue's value wasn't added to the guild hall.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: March 27, 2020, 08:05:15 pm »

Build a 3x3 room and place a statue in it. Use the statue to designate a temple - the location's value will be 1 dorfbuck.

Zones are a better choice if you want to be efficient. Pedestals with some junk on them work too. Most of my guildhalls end up with human armor in them...

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #1787 on: March 28, 2020, 04:24:18 am »

Yeah, that's actually a bug, a set of bugs, even...

I've been decorating my furniture to get it to fill the requirements. Artifacts feel so hacky.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: March 28, 2020, 04:43:45 am »

My neighbours the human civ have two people appointed as master of the beasts. One is a ranger (as you might expect) the other is apparently a "goblin hunter". Cool, never seen that profession before.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: March 28, 2020, 08:41:23 am »

Dwarves going stark raving mad will rip off their sutures as well as their clothes while running around babbling. I did wonder about those sudden spatters of blood on the floor when this happened earlier...
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: March 28, 2020, 04:42:44 pm »

My neighbours the human civ have two people appointed as master of the beasts. One is a ranger (as you might expect) the other is apparently a "goblin hunter". Cool, never seen that profession before.

Could it have been a hunter that was a goblin?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: March 28, 2020, 04:53:47 pm »

Could it have been a hunter that was a goblin?
Damn, that would be disappointing. :)
There are a lot of goblins in that civ, so that's probably it.

-
Yeah, that was it. Rather boringly not a "goblin hunter". Just your average master of the beasts, baron goblin. Morning-star throwing champion, ex-high doctor (convicted of embezzlment), currently corrupting his ex-wife (resident of a goblin dark fortress) to infiltrate the kingdom and prepare a coup.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 05:22:14 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Huntthetroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: March 29, 2020, 01:13:46 pm »

Putting a rotten object in a display case does not prevent it from spreading miasma.

basedbeans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: March 29, 2020, 07:30:49 pm »

Despite being immortal, turns out intelligent undead can read slabs and become necromancers. I did it in adventure mode and was able to raise zombies and use my intdead powers. Retired him in my fort and am going to try it out in fort mode.

Lozzymandias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: April 02, 2020, 04:11:40 am »

At my boyfriends insistence, instead of just executing the plump helmet men by firing squad like normal, i modded the raws to make them trainable, to try and (briefly) integrate them into the population. Some fighting when they reverted back to wild dissuaded me that this was wise.

Trivial finding: Intelligent, trainable creatures can nonetheless be slaughtered.
"Come on, you sons of elves, do you want to live forever?"

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: April 02, 2020, 08:20:46 am »

Despite being immortal, turns out intelligent undead can read slabs and become necromancers. I did it in adventure mode and was able to raise zombies and use my intdead powers. Retired him in my fort and am going to try it out in fort mode.
I mean, vampires can so this isn't that surprising. Still good to know.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: April 02, 2020, 08:40:23 am »

As opposed to my previous assumption, shield (and buckler) weight do scale with creatures size, meaning a troll's shield is nigh-unwieldable for a dwarf. That said, trolls do not make shields themselves, and goblin-sized shields don't seem any less effective when used by a troll.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: April 02, 2020, 09:31:06 am »

As opposed to my previous assumption, shield (and buckler) weight do scale with creatures size, meaning a troll's shield is nigh-unwieldable for a dwarf. That said, trolls do not make shields themselves, and goblin-sized shields don't seem any less effective when used by a troll.

Time to make ant man shields?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: April 02, 2020, 12:27:10 pm »

Perhaps some !!SCIENCE!! is in order.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: April 02, 2020, 09:15:20 pm »

When a dwarf is throwing a tantrum, they have no needs in the thoughts screen. Never noticed that before. My haggard Captain of the Guard is due for retirement soon which is where I spotted it. Her tantrum is over and the needs have returned (she's quite focussed).

Her thoughts conclude "She is getting used to tragedy". Don't think I've noticed that before either.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 148