Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 443091 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #1830 on: June 22, 2020, 09:33:13 am »

It's an enthralling finding.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: June 24, 2020, 03:22:54 pm »

A light aquifer makes a great waterfall for your central staircase, so long as you dont fall into the trap of building so shallowly on the ground floor to cause it to flood.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: June 26, 2020, 10:53:14 am »

It takes a long, long time for untrained unarmed dwarves to punch a draltha to death.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: June 26, 2020, 12:24:45 pm »

Merchants, their guards, and their animals are all very good at dodging falling rocks.
Edit: But it is possible to corral them into a limited space and carpet bomb them with rocks.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 01:16:25 pm by Leonidas »

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: June 27, 2020, 01:13:01 pm »

Just about to embark in a 75 year old world and looking at the starting 7, a number of them are 85 years old.  Rather than a year of birth, they are described as being "one of the first of his(her) kind".  The primordial dwarves, descended from Armok I assume. 

Here's hoping for some cool artifacts!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: June 27, 2020, 03:02:33 pm »

Your starting 7 are not drawn from historical figures, they are randomly generated.  So yeah, with short history worlds, you will see dwarves born before the beginning of time.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: June 27, 2020, 07:51:20 pm »

Your starting 7 are not drawn from historical figures, they are randomly generated.  So yeah, with short history worlds, you will see dwarves born before the beginning of time.
But, also, in general, historical figures existing in year 1 are not all babies. Many are born in a Time before Time.

Moeteru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: July 03, 2020, 05:53:53 pm »

Minecarts record kills in their descriptions!
I guess it's not that surprising given that the same is true of hand-held weapons, but it still makes me extremely happy.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: July 03, 2020, 06:43:02 pm »

I guess it's not that surprising given that the same is true of hand-held weapons, but it still makes me extremely happy.
Question, how would a Minecraft kill someone?

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: July 03, 2020, 07:15:42 pm »

Minecraft? They get obsessed with the game. They neglect relationships and personal hygiene. They lose their job, turn to drugs. Oh, wait.

Minecart? With pure kinetic energy.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: July 03, 2020, 07:16:49 pm »

By giving them a rage-induced heart attack after a creeper blows up their house.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: July 03, 2020, 08:52:17 pm »

By giving them a rage-induced heart attack after a creeper blows up their house.
Minecraft? They get obsessed with the game. They neglect relationships and personal hygiene. They lose their job, turn to drugs. Oh, wait.

Minecart? With pure kinetic energy.
Yes, minecart. It seems my IPad thinks minecart isn’t a valid word

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: July 04, 2020, 01:40:00 am »

Yes, minecart. It seems my IPad thinks minecart isn’t a valid word
Even guided minecarts can kill if a dwarf is standing underneath them when they roll down a ramp. And free-rolling minecarts make excellent weapons. Load them up with something heavy, like water, and smash them into the enemy. Then there are the more elaborate setups that involve hurling things out of minecarts, but I've never tried them.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 09:20:35 am by Leonidas »

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: July 04, 2020, 02:11:23 am »

I refuse to use minecarts because they so gratuitously kill kitties.  The kitty kill count is not something I can excuse, no matter how useful these devices might otherwise be.

Moeteru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: July 04, 2020, 03:40:48 am »

I refuse to use minecarts because they so gratuitously kill kitties.  The kitty kill count is not something I can excuse, no matter how useful these devices might otherwise be.
Surprisingly I haven't had a single minecart-related cat death yet, despite being overrun by the things. It probably helps that I keep them in a pen/pasture zone quite far away from danger, and that I only turn on the minecart grinder when I've got the "Stay Inside!" civilian alert active.
A couple of diplomats and visitors have been accidentally splattered, but that isn't really a problem. The main problem is all the negative thoughts (and traumatic memories!) from cleaning up chunks of disintegrated goblins. I think next time I'll just go back to good old fashioned magma as my first line of defence.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 148