Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 443092 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #1875 on: September 05, 2020, 11:34:26 am »

Elves and goblins won't suspect immortal undead of being immortal.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: September 05, 2020, 10:01:55 pm »

Elves and goblins won't suspect immortal undead of being immortal.

What if the undead is of a race that shouldn't be immortal?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: September 06, 2020, 09:10:12 am »

Yup, they won't suspect. I saw a dwarven necromancer live peacefully in a goblin dark tower for 400 years.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: September 07, 2020, 11:18:32 pm »

Apparently molten metal tainted by evil-weather goo registers as "slimy"... I wonder, would other liquids register similarly?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: October 30, 2020, 08:43:15 pm »

After invaders take one of your doors, one of your dwarves' pets can take it back for you.

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: November 02, 2020, 04:06:49 am »

Hostile undead that aren't a part of a siege will register as "outcasts" upon retiring a fort.

MC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: November 05, 2020, 08:15:40 am »

Dwarves greet each other in fortress mode just like in adventure mode, though since it doesn't give a notification it's normally invisible and doesn't seem to do anything.

You can acquire tame sentients (including things that should just flat out not be tamable at all like goblins) from raids and demanding one time tribute.

The game is perfectly happy to give a creature a bad thought from not eating a favored food even when said creature doesn't actually like anything.

Necromancer hunters will sometimes raise the corpses of their prey, only to get attacked by it.

Necromancers who show up as part of an experiment raid will show up as a separate group of ambushers on a different part of the map, and if you get unlucky the first notification you'll get about this is the dead coming back to life. They also seem to be "locked in" for a little bit? My dwarves chased the guy around a lot and he didn't fight back at all, just fled (he was really damn fast too) and screamed in terror running back and forth along the edge of the map before he was finally able to leave.

Also in the same raid I had an experiment with an earring equipped on its wing? I don't know if it was just holding it with the wing or wearing it though. Either way that was strange. It was the only earring any of the experiments had and I know it wasn't from my fortress.

dwarves who lose their limbs offsite won't actually realize they don't have their limb anymore until they get home, at which point everything they were wearing or holding on it will fall to the ground.

Also in the same raid I had an experiment with an earring equipped on its wing? I don't know if
This is a terrible mod. All crashmanship is of the highest quality. This object is adorned with hanging rings of notification spam. This object menaces with spikes of llama wool. On the item is an image of a large oval dwarf flesh cabochan in elf bone. The artwork relates to the attack of an unknown creature on an unknown creature in a time before time. It was inevitable.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: November 06, 2020, 10:05:42 am »

Could have been artifact earring? Then it'd be wielded as a weapon.

MC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: November 06, 2020, 12:32:00 pm »

nope. Just a random troll bone earring (also how I know it wasn't from my fort because I didn't even have any troll bone, let alone made it into earrings). My guess is a trophy and maybe the experiments didn't generate with ears, so it got ""held"" in a free grasp limb without the game bothering to check if it was a wing or a hand? Either that or the experiment had ears on its wings that didn't show up in any description.
This is a terrible mod. All crashmanship is of the highest quality. This object is adorned with hanging rings of notification spam. This object menaces with spikes of llama wool. On the item is an image of a large oval dwarf flesh cabochan in elf bone. The artwork relates to the attack of an unknown creature on an unknown creature in a time before time. It was inevitable.

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: November 07, 2020, 06:13:05 pm »

it's been a couple of years since the undead siege in which the necromancer experiments bred and then left their offspring behind as "friendly" non-citizens, and there hasn't been another siege since.  just checked the civilisations screen and my fortress is now at peace with the local tower.  for what it's worth, my fortress pop is capped at 49 and there's now about ~90 friendly experiments, so they're actually the larger part of my local population.

i dunno, it's inclusive, but it looks like maybe you can foster peace with a tower by letting their kids crash on your lawn

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: November 14, 2020, 01:45:53 pm »

If you embark with enough things, you will arrive with 2 wagons and 4 animals to pull them. 

axemangeorge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: November 14, 2020, 05:04:40 pm »

(Note: this occurred in the Old Genesis mod -- I suspect it's relevant to vanilla as well.)

tl;dr: *ANY* caravan unit left on map might block all future caravans from its home civ.

New fort, second home civ caravan visit coincided with a greenskin raid sent the merchants and guards into a panic. After we dealt with the raid, the merchants were stuck -- some at the depot, some just standing out in the countryside beside paralyzed beasts of burden, slowly going insane. They wouldn't leave.

Eventually I gave up and used dfhack fix/stuck-merchants and they left. For 6 years, they never came back. Home civ still existed, could see them on world map. I used the "one unarmed squad diplomat + raid + demand one time tribute" trick to get all surrounding civs to start sending me trade caravans, so I wasn't completely cut off.

Those 6 years? No migrants either! I'm like 8 years into a fort with a population less than 30 and a handful of kids. I used dfhack fix/population-cap -- nothing.

I used dfhack force caravan http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=171488.0 -- didn't work.

Finally, after about 10 in-game years where my SOLE source of citizens was itinerant bards, I realized there was a pack animal still stuck on the map. I thought about dispatching it with squads but feared that might turn us hostile to my home civ, so dfhack exterminate killed it.

Few months later? Dwarf caravan, and the single biggest migrant wave I've ever seen.

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: November 15, 2020, 12:27:11 am »

You can interrogate criminals after killing them, at least intelligent undead.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: November 15, 2020, 01:29:53 am »

You can interrogate criminals after killing them, at least intelligent undead.
Maybe their soul lingers a bit as a side effect of the spell that made them undead?

MC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: November 17, 2020, 10:47:53 am »

I think this is actually a bug and works with anyone, at least if you set them to be interrogated before they die. I don't know if convicting someone who dies before they get sentenced causes dwarves to get disillusioned tho.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 148