Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 443511 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #1950 on: March 03, 2021, 01:09:31 pm »

I've added a few things I discovered on here to the wiki, like how divine metals are associated with an element, and that weregila monsters have randomly generated venom, but that's about it. I fully support you or anyone who adds anything in this thread to the wiki.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: March 04, 2021, 01:10:10 am »

Seems knocked-away hfs shell isn't valid option for decorate with shell job :<

Would this be because it's technically a corpse fragment instead of a butchered, prepared material, or because it came from a sapient being? Sounds like experiments are required.

Not sapient, but might also be due NOT_BUTCHERABLE tag or inorganic nature. The second hypothesis, hm, I don't recall anyone who withdraws into a shell having it knocked away? Should be able to test though....But I know knocked away titan shells can be usable for strange moods (worked to save a dwarf with otherwise shelless embark).

...Hm. First, a successful amputation with no harm done to other parts:

||

Sequester it away, and....

||

It's usable

||

So yeah, must be something to do with their tags.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: March 06, 2021, 08:15:11 pm »

I was worried at first having messed up picking embark critters, but war dogs will in fact breed with hunting dogs.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: March 07, 2021, 02:07:22 am »

I was worried at first having messed up picking embark critters, but war dogs will in fact breed with hunting dogs.

That's because it's training, not breeding, which makes a dogs occupation. The puppies will be perfectly normal dogs, which you can get a trainer to train into whatever you need, or a butcher to turn into roasts for you.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

okelly4408

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: March 11, 2021, 08:24:48 am »

I found out that a dwarf can be thrown, by a combat opponent, through fortifications that they otherwise wouldn't be able to breach. Kind of interesting.

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: March 11, 2021, 10:38:36 pm »

I found out that a dwarf can be thrown, by a combat opponent, through fortifications that they otherwise wouldn't be able to breach. Kind of interesting.

i once had a lot of problems with my military dwarves drowning in the moat when they were supposed to be training in the tower, until i realised this was what has happening and moved the barracks zone away from the fortifications

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: March 17, 2021, 09:18:37 am »

SMR doesn't seem to cave in, if I'm understanding tile support correctly. I dug out the candy below and surrounding a SMR tile. Then I channeled out the candy floor directly above it, and nothing happened.

Edit: Actually, the SMR's implicit floor above probably kept it supported. I'll have to check further.
Edit 2: Confirmed using tiletypes that it doesn't cave in.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 09:44:52 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Moeteru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: March 18, 2021, 04:09:59 pm »

The girl in the iron mask
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Your image embed was broken so I took the liberty of fixing it.
This could be a very useful trick to protect civilians if only there was some way to acquire large numbers of metal masks. The AI will always aim for the head if the target is unconscious so head protection is extremely useful.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: March 19, 2021, 03:38:09 pm »

In LOTR the dwarf masks were special and rad.

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Dwarf-mask
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: March 20, 2021, 06:45:04 am »

Animal people can be trained as "war" animal people.

Not sure if any vanilla civs utilize wild animal people in their armies or if wild animal people can actually be war trained by players in fortress mode (wiki says no), but currently I'm under attack by a tribe of snowmen (civilized yetis), and they've brought war polar bear people with them.

And some walrus people who are hanging out in the murky pool...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 06:49:28 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: March 20, 2021, 07:09:02 am »

Did the grasshopper raw changes in 47.05 do that?
("Grasshoppers get [Vermin_Grounder]")

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: March 22, 2021, 06:55:17 pm »

In hindsight it's obvious, but I had no idea experiments could be raised as intelligent undead, gaining the special powers of both classes. Yes, they're exactly as much trouble in combat as they sound like.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

HMD Majesty

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes dwarfs for their stupidity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: March 22, 2021, 09:01:36 pm »

Dwarfs from Our old Fortresses sometimes immigrate with their Squad Assignment still listed.  The Squad will not be added to the List of Squads, but the Dwarf is still considered Part of the old Squad.

We play 47.04 with DFhack and no other mods.

Bogotyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: March 22, 2021, 11:28:50 pm »

When dwarfs from old fortresses immigrate, they will also frequently bring some of their armor from the old fort (and also their emotional baggage).

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: March 22, 2021, 11:43:39 pm »

When dwarfs from old fortresses immigrate, they will also frequently bring some of their armor from the old fort (and also their emotional baggage).
Not in 47.05. Unless the fix to remove their emotional baggage didn't work.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 148