Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148]

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 442328 times)

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #2205 on: January 22, 2023, 02:23:46 pm »

One of the guards has both dwarven beer, and ice in his waterskin, and is still able to drink the beer.  I'm not sure how the ice got in there, but cold beer is never a bad thing.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: January 22, 2023, 02:41:15 pm »

One of the guards has both dwarven beer, and ice in his waterskin, and is still able to drink the beer.  I'm not sure how the ice got in there, but cold beer is never a bad thing.
Water in containers freezes into ice. I guess he put some water in there to water some plump helmets or something.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: January 22, 2023, 08:28:04 pm »

I had a soldier with glass vial full of golden salve and beer. Unfortunately, he took the vial with him when he conquered a site and I can't get it back.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #2208 on: January 23, 2023, 01:53:00 pm »

I have a theory.
1) Water in containers can freeze.
2) Waterskin which contains no drinkable liquids gets refilled.

If the guard somehow decided to fill the waterskin with water the first time, then it may have frozen due to cold weather and consequently received the beer.  The biggest problem in this theory is that it requires the military to switch from water to alcohol, which you may have done manually or which may be done automatically depending on availability.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: April 26, 2023, 02:16:04 pm »

When filling a double cistern, connected at the lowest level, the filling side will fill all the way to 7/7 in every tile before a single unit of water is pressurized to the other side of the U-bend.  This seems to mostly just affect the placement of water sensing pressure plates.

Edit: More fluid findings:
Minecarts can be filled with magma by magma entering their location from the same Z-level, it does not have to come down from above.  So a tunnel filled with minecarts, that is then dug horizontally into a magma sea, will fill all those minecarts completely.  Less pumps needed!

« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 09:06:50 am by Schmaven »
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148]