Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 442574 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2014, 06:41:17 pm »

I found a world where humans declared war on humans! :)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2014, 07:05:38 pm »

Wow, that's super-unrealistic.  That would never, ever happen in real life.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2014, 07:14:32 pm »

You mistake my glee for irritation?
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2014, 02:44:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
lol at dichotomous map.
PKs DF Mod!

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2014, 08:48:44 am »

So there's a soldier in my fortress who is almost as skilled as his leader, who is also the commander of the militia. Apparently, soldiers who are the best at a certain skill in their squad will lead the demonstration, not simply always the leader. A swordsdwarf is currently showing the commander how to dodge. XD
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2014, 08:58:48 am »

He's being sarcastic, seeing as how many times people have gone to war in real life, and it seems to happen rarily in DF.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Vilkku92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2014, 12:58:25 pm »

He's being sarcastic, seeing as how many times people have gone to war in real life, and it seems to happen rarily in DF.

I believe most everyone got that. After all, when such an obvious attempt at sarcasm is made, the proper answer in this situation is usually some variation of "And you thought I disagreed with you because...?", such as "You mistake my glee for irritation?". After all, sarcasm is usually used to oppose other people's viewpoints by making them seem ridiculous, something which actually requires the two people to disagree.

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2014, 01:19:08 pm »

If you refuse promotion of your fort often enough, you can have (contrary to DF wiki) when you do:

1) direct promotion from expedition leader to baron
2) direct promotion from baron to duke
3) a duke (doubling as expedition leader) who does not give mandates. (Edit: Forget this one. He has demands just took a long time for the first one.)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 04:21:09 pm by taptap »

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2014, 04:20:50 pm »

This happened to me... I have an expedition leader and a Baron, just because my pop-cap is only 40 in this fort.

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2014, 04:24:19 pm »

This happened to me... I have an expedition leader and a Baron, just because my pop-cap is only 40 in this fort.

I was totally puzzled, since now I have a duke but no mayor. (24 pop cap here). Thank god the duke only likes copper.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2014, 04:43:32 pm »

As soon as I got my baron he demanded a throne in his dining room, and now gets a good though "proud at the state of demands" every season.

Oddly, he likes bayberry wood wood and pig iron, and ballista parts. I'm considering making him a room of bayberry wood ballistae...

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2014, 06:16:11 pm »

I've just seen a terrifyingly good display of atheletism from a Blind Cave Ogre. He was climbing along the wall above a cavern lake; having done so for about 12 sqrs, he leapt a good 5-6 sqrs onto a treetop. Interesting that he did so to avoid water.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2014, 12:33:08 am »

If you abandone and reclaim a fortress, those merchants who didn't leave the map will become friendly.
Hostile creatures, like a FB, will trigger an ambush message.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2014, 09:16:21 am »

A low site, low civ, high savagery pocket world breeds a lot of dead civs and not much else.

Also: My computer can handle an 8x8 embark without slowing down much, but a 16x16 will crash the game when I try to leave the embark screen.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2014, 12:23:00 pm »

Crowded tables used to generate only negative thoughts, but I just saw that a gem cutter who "enjoys the company of of others" became jolly after eating at a crowded table.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 148